AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > General Audio Discussion

General Audio Discussion All other Audio Q & A

Old 02-08-2018, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robc33 View Post
I had a PL Dialogue Premium HP a few years ago. It started me on this journey into financial ruin, as I was quite happy with my Yamaha surround sound receiver until .....!
Serge there is good advice here whatever you do buy something that will make you happy for years and don’t settle
Old 02-08-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
Serge there is good advice here whatever you do buy something that will make you happy for years and don’t settle
If only I could live under that advice!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 02-08-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekgod View Post
PHC1, would you say it is your best sounding headphone amp? I've been dying to hear it for years. I even offered to fly out to hear a demo but Kevin Deal was completely unresponsive to emails.
Let me put it this way, all other headphone amps are for sale as we speak...

I'll probably leave the Audeze Deckard Class A amp that is my desk only for convenience of listening when I am at the computer and no other reason.
Old 02-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by John49 View Post
Don’t talk to me about financial ruin... clothes from the 70’s, same flat for 20+ years, 18 year old car and HiFi only a few months old!
Wow!! Where do you get clothes that last 40+ years? Only my Johnson & Murphy shoes last that long.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 02-08-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Let me put it this way, all other headphone amps are for sale as we speak...

I'll probably leave the Audeze Deckard Class A amp that is my desk only for convenience of listening when I am at the computer and no other reason.
WOW!!! I guess I will have to put it back on my list of headphone amps I still need to demo. As a bonus, it can also power speakers...lol. I just wish Kevin Deal wasn't the distributor. I'm happy that you have had good experiences with him but I have read so many awful things about him as well. Even if I bought from a different dealer, I would still need him for any potential warranty support. He has a rep for being a real P-word to people needing repairs done to their gear. That really worries me.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Wow!! Where do you get clothes that last 40+ years? Only my Johnson & Murphy shoes last that long.
I'm going to have to give a pair of Johnson & Murphy shoes a try!
Old 02-08-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
WOW!!! I guess I will have to put it back on my list of headphone amps I still need to demo. As a bonus, it can also power speakers...lol. I just wish Kevin Deal wasn't the distributor. I'm happy that you have had good experiences with him but I have read so many awful things about him as well. Even if I bought from a different dealer, I would still need him for any potential warranty support. He has a rep for being a real P-word to people needing repairs done to their gear. That really worries me.
Warranty work?? Very doubtful you would ever need it.
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 02-09-2018, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post

It’s true! I realised the other day that I have a couple of sweatshirts that I bought in 1974 and a coat that must be from thereabouts too. Marks & Spencer’s finest.
Avid Acutus SP, NO ARM, Benz Micro LP-S, Whest Audio PS.40RDT SE, PS Audio DSMP+DS DAC, Simaudio Moon 700i, Dali Epicon 6, Simaudio Moon Nēo 430HAD, HiFiMan HE-1000v2, Chord Sarum SA XLR, RCA, USB, Chord Sarum speaker, Nordost Vishnu power, Furutech plugs, PS Audio P10+Chord Sarum SA power, Stillpoints Ultra SS, Ultra Mini and LPI, HiFi Racks rack, Audio Desk Systeme PRO+Keith Monks Omni RCM
Old 02-09-2018, 04:33 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
Warranty work?? Very doubtful you would ever need it.
Never say never..............

Quote:
I'm going to have to give a pair of Johnson & Murphy shoes a try!
Just looked at their website. Am guessing they are much changed from when I was buying their shoes, which cost as much in the '70s as they do today. To me that spells 'made in china' and not the USA. Even my recently purchased Samuel Hubbard walking shoes are made in Portugal (at least it isn't China/SE Asia).
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 02-09-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:21 PM

Are we going to talk PrimaLuna or shoes?