AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Pass Labs

Pass Labs 20 Years and Counting

Old 01-05-2013, 04:27 PM

Wire World silver Eclipse 6 vs. Kimber hero xlr interconnect cables. I let the equipment play for 1.5 hours before starting the listening session which includes the following:
Joni Mitchell – Both sides now, Greg Brown - Just by myself, Karen Carpenter - Raining days and Mondays, Don Williams – Good old boys like me, Mozart concertos for violin no. 3, Alison Krauss – the boy who wouldn’t hoe corn, Jeff Buckley – Hallelujah, Mary Chapin Carpenter – Not too much to ask.
Changed cables from Kimber to WW silver both cables are 1.5m in length. Replayed above songs with the following general comments: For some reason everything was louder (not sure I understand this) but it may have to do with the increase in frequency extension from bass to treble. The one area I was really surprised at was the bass, more of it and better definition and everything was clearer, and at the same time smoother sounding. The WW will not make a poor recoding sound good it presents it warts and all. I do believe cables make a difference and this was made clear to me a long time ago in the 1970’s when I replaced some zip cord with Kimber speaker cable and my wife walked by and said what did you do to the speakers. Now I will let them cook for a couple hundred hours and see if the signature changes. Overall very pleased at this time, this may be the most cost effective change in system resolution that I have every paid for.