AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 04-09-2009, 08:07 PM

Lightbulb how about this for a great Mcintosh promo

I was just thinking, with the ecom and times like these. how can comps market their products. When out of no where it hit me. Take mcintosh 75% trade in, now. we all hate the fact that you cant trade in your source, so how about this........... are you ready?? wait for it

If you can prove its your Birthday, and You have the org paper work, you can tade up and in any mcintosh unit, even pre amps, and home theater units. :

come on how great would that be? You know it would work, it would be great marketing for mcintosh plus it really would strum up some new sales. And really what better way to bring in a new birthday then a new mcintosh unit.??

I dont know , just some thoughts from your uncle LEO lol. What do you say master?? make it so??
Mcintosh 501(x2) ~ c2300 ~ Mc 303 ~ Marantz 8003 and 7004BD ~ Esoteric DV-60 ~ JL Audio F110 (x 2) ~ Music Hall MMF (Benz silver cart) ~ Audience AU24 E Interconnects/Audio cables/ Power cords ~ Ricard Gray 400 Pro (x3) w/ kubala Power Cords ~Speakers Totem Wind Design-Model one signature Center-Dali Helicon W200 rears
Old 04-09-2009, 08:25 PM

My bday is next month, so if they're going to do it it better be quick!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:07 PM

i would say , you would have to be the org. owner and like I said prove its your real birthday, and you would have to buy it on your birthday no lay away plans or advance buys. just a one shot deal. today, your spending and saving money.
Mcintosh 501(x2) ~ c2300 ~ Mc 303 ~ Marantz 8003 and 7004BD ~ Esoteric DV-60 ~ JL Audio F110 (x 2) ~ Music Hall MMF (Benz silver cart) ~ Audience AU24 E Interconnects/Audio cables/ Power cords ~ Ricard Gray 400 Pro (x3) w/ kubala Power Cords ~Speakers Totem Wind Design-Model one signature Center-Dali Helicon W200 rears
Old 04-09-2009, 10:26 PM

hm i would of thought more people would of had some thing to say about this idea. ow well. sorry for the bad thought
Old 04-10-2009, 01:34 AM
Media Server Aficionado

It isn't a bad thought.

My birthday is in June... But not sure how much $$ I may have hanging around.

Perhaps if Ron_C were here we could hammer him into bringing it to the powers that be, but he's not, so............

A wonderful pipedream (like the AP1000).
Old 04-10-2009, 07:28 AM

Location: Constitution State. Formerly known as the Nutmeg State

My birthday isn't until October. I am going to go get a bigger paper route, and go mow some more neighbors yards, so I have more money to buy more McIntosh.

Wouldn't it be nice, if that was all you needed to do.

I like your idea, overall. I agree that companies need to get more creative in times like this.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltleo View Post
hm i would of thought more people would of had some thing to say about this idea. ow well. sorry for the bad thought
I thought it was a GREAT idea -- I would gladly wait until November in order to obtain that deal on a MX150 IF IF IF I was sure it was actually coming out by then.

MikeSp
MX150, MC501's (3), MC352's (2), Aerial Acoustics Model 9's for mains, Aerial Acoustics CC5 for center, and Def Tech surrounds, JL Audio F113's (2) with Sound Anchor Stands, 60 inch Pioneer Kuro, Tivos, Monster HTPS 7000MKII, Oppo BDP-83SE, PS3; dedicated HT still under construction [system used primarily for movies].
Old 04-11-2009, 12:11 AM

great, It is a nice idea, gives us something to think about. Its really a win win for all. for us, it gives you time to save up, if your birthday is not here yet, plus really how many of us really want to upgrade our sources, and me my mht, and everyone else there mx. this would do it. and its really nothing more then what they are already doing, but, just letting us trade in the things we REALY want to trade in, A one time deal, you can only do it once, and mcintosh looks great by doing it, its a new promo, giving some new sparks and news to a hum drum promo that is drying out. Lets be honest Mcintosh would be getting new gear out, plus making their loyal fan base very happy. MASTERLU where are you?? what do you think?? can we make this happen?? lol