AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Music

Music What really matters most

Old 09-20-2012, 09:18 AM

Default KD Lang - Sis Boom Bang Concert

My wife and I went to see the new KD Lang concert here in Kingston last night... What an incredible evening. KD Lang has to be one of the best female singers at this time. What a powerful and talented voice. If you have the opportunity, don't hesitate to go see this lady in concert! You will not be disappointed.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:52 AM

This is crazy, the last K.D. record I've listened to was Ingenue from ages ago..and I recall it being fantastic!

'just checkout out the song "I Confess" on (On KD's site) 'liked it right off.

Thanks Rock!
Old 09-20-2012, 11:57 AM

Rock
I have enjoyed her music for many year. I have never had the pleasure of seeing her in concert.

Jim
Old 09-20-2012, 12:39 PM

Jim,

I don't know if you watched the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver winter Olympics in 2010 or if you even recall, but KD Lang was one of the featured artists and did an outstanding performance...

I wouldn't say that her music is well up there on my favorite list, but, she has always been a very poweful singer.. I was very surprised by her onstage presence, the way she connected with the crowd.. and how her voice.. was just so powerful.. and it has such an amazing range..

The reason I picked up on this concert, is that Kingston is rather small and we don't often get 'big' names coming here... if they do they usually go our local arena.. and I've never been a big fan of concerts in arenas. However, KD Lang peformed at a propre 'theater' if you will that probably only seats.. maybe 3000.

I was more than pleasantly surprised. It was one of the better concerts I have attended in the last couple of years... if she was on again tonight.. I'd be there...
Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 PM

Rayoo,

She actually sand a Little River Band song last night 'Reminiscing'.. which I thought was quite well done... her rendition of Hallelujah is 'spine tingling'... ..

I think I'll be combing Amazon to see what CD's she's come out with in recent years...

Last edited by Haurock; 09-20-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Learning to Listen

Mel and I saw her at an outdoor concert in Portland, OR, in July I think it was. She's now a resident of Portland. I'd never seen her before. Very good show. Very professional (tightly choreographed). Lots of energy. Her voice is simply amazing, both in terms of quality and range and the nuance she can provide. Would I see her again? Yes, I think I would.

Old 09-20-2012, 12:43 PM

Pider,

*nodding*.. exactly.. she is so relaxed.. so unpretentious.. she is literally having fun... and taking us with her..
Old 09-20-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haurock View Post
Jim,

I don't know if you watched the opening ceremonies of the Vancouver winter Olympics in 2010 or if you even recall, but KD Lang was one of the featured artists and did an outstanding performance...

I wouldn't say that her music is well up there on my favorite list, but, she has always been a very poweful singer.. I was very surprised by her onstage presence, the way she connected with the crowd.. and how her voice.. was just so powerful.. and it has such an amazing range..

The reason I picked up on this concert, is that Kingston is rather small and we don't often get 'big' names coming here... if they do they usually go our local arena.. and I've never been a big fan of concerts in arenas. However, KD Lang peformed at a propre 'theater' if you will that probably only seats.. maybe 3000.

I was more than pleasantly surprised. It was one of the better concerts I have attended in the last couple of years... if she was on again tonight.. I'd be there...
Rock
Her Hymns of the 49th Parallel is one of my Top Ten discs. The first music I bought of hers was a laser disc that was called Harvest.

I did watch the Vancouver Opening Ceremonies and saw her performance including the updated version of "Hallelujah" which is sung differently than on the Hymns disc.

JIm