AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 05-01-2014, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyC View Post
Digital-only user here. I don't have the technical skill or time to play vinyl. But I'm very happy with my Shindo system. I've not thought about another brand ever since I got the Shindo. I will only upgrade up the line.

What's your system consist of?

Wow guys, thanks for the responses. I recently changed my whole system from a complicated digital system of low sensitivity box speakers, powerful solid state amps, and dac with volume and re clocking stuff in front of the dac. Not simple at all.
Now its Aurieges L, First watt sit2, lampizator dac, Dc10 Audio Berlin, and some A23 cables and ICs. I know, not the usual pairings with Shindo. I am more excited about listening to music than I have be in years. SO different from my previous system.

I recently went and heard a nice analog system, thinking this is the next step for me. The system was:Well tempered GTA , shelter 501 cartridge , Zesto phono, air tight amp , devore o93

Honestly I wasn't very impressed. It was good, just not as impressed as I wanted to be. Maybe it was the lack of Shindo in the mix, or maybe I'm just a digital guy? I dont know?
Happy to be here. Thank you for the comments. I'm happy to know there can be love for both formats.
Old 05-01-2014, 05:22 PM

You might consider trialling a Shindo Arome (CD version). Although initially designed for use with CD transport output the effect is the same when source is a media server. Quoted to me as '... It takes away the edge and coldness of CD and gives a more relaxed sound.'.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:56 PM

Arome was never designed for CD transports. Did you mean CD players? It was designed for a long discontinued pro CD player that had a 600 ohm balanced output but can work quite nicely with other players and DAC's.

Jonathan

Last edited by Vinyljh; 05-01-2014 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:41 PM

I have an Arome with my Marantz UD9004. They work great together.

Try a Shindo amp. The voicing will be better.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guf View Post
Now its Aurieges L, First watt sit2, lampizator dac, Dc10 Audio Berlin, and some A23 cables and ICs. I know, not the usual pairings with Shindo. I am more excited about listening to music than I have be in years. SO different from my previous system.
Interesting mix. Always curious how one of the SIT amps would pair with a Shindo pre. Which Lampy DAC are you using?
Old 05-02-2014, 12:43 AM

Well I consider myself blessed. I have a wonderful analog front end with a modified Garrard 401 turntable, and equally compelling digital front end with a MSB Analog DAC.

All powered by a Giscours and Lafon 300Bs, paired with DeVore 0/96's.

No complaints, nothing remiss.

Barr
Old 05-02-2014, 01:58 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyljh View Post
Arome was never designed for CD transports. Did you mean CD players? It was designed for a long discontinued pro CD player that had a 600 ohm balanced output but can work quite nicely with other players and DAC's.

Jonathan
Yes, player! ... my mind distracted by my own setup which has media server -> USB/SPDIF -> DAC -> Arome -> pre. Rather a long chain when shown like that .
Old 05-02-2014, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNY View Post
Interesting mix. Always curious how one of the SIT amps would pair with a Shindo pre. Which Lampy DAC are you using?
I've had a L4G4 since October. I love it. Love it so much I just ordered a big 7. As far a the SIT amps. I'm pretty new at this and have not heard much except for all the trial and error of personal experience, I think its great with the Shindo. I've only heard a one system, a full analog and Shindo amp and pre that really blew me away. I would not say mine is/was better but I enjoy listening to recorded music more than ever. It's really fun.

Last edited by guf; 05-02-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bplexico View Post
Well I consider myself blessed. I have a wonderful analog front end with a modified Garrard 401 turntable, and equally compelling digital front end with a MSB Analog DAC.

All powered by a Giscours and Lafon 300Bs, paired with DeVore 0/96's.

No complaints, nothing remiss.

Barr
i've seen your posts on other forums. i always wanted to introduce myself, i admire your gear and appreciation for both vinyl and computer based systems. yes impressive system and have a lot to be grateful for.

and i've noticed you have an electric Cinquecento. me too! i love it.
Old 05-02-2014, 06:53 AM

Hello,

I use a Wadia 860X -> Monbrison -> Sun Audio Uchida 300B SET -> A23 speaker cable and I am totally satisfied.

I dont use vinyl cause I grown up with CD...and dont know much about vinyl...

Next step for me is to get some A23 ICs maybe they fit eben better than my SunAudio ICs.

Regards,

Michael

Last edited by Michael7; 05-02-2014 at 07:11 AM.