AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Japanese Exotica

Japanese Exotica Kondo, Leben, Luxman, Zanden

Old 02-03-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiot servant View Post
Heard this setup with the fantastic Technical Brains in Sydney... Both the monos and their new integrated with CH Precision (V. Nice Swiss) and Bricasti digital, Evolution Acoustic 3 and please note Jazz (must be familiar you lucky guy) the full loom of Zensati Seraphim... the system was completely transparency city... and I'd only just left a demo in the TAD room... please excuse the Iphone pic

Those cables are just wild good... every time I have heard Zensati cables it seems like the cables just aren't there, in the best audio sense.

As for the T. Brains, kind of the same sense that there is no electronics, it's just a clear stream...Mr. Naoto Kurosawa (the Technical Brain) was also there... I thought it was mentioned that the Zensati Seraphim cable was used internally throughout the Brains... anyway, just complete magic.

G.

PS Good news LOTRee
Graham .... am glad you took time out to post this . I have been advocating these cables for a while . After being shot down by the naysayers
with retorts rubbishing the brand, as a rip off, garage operations and such have decided to stay mum. So your validation , which mirrors my listening notes come as relief .

Addictive are they not , as you mentioned the sense of "Nothingness", quite eerie the first time you experience it .It is one of nothing impeding the flow , an open sluice if you will , flowing freely . Extremely high bandwidth , lightening fast , no spotlighting anywhere in the frequency spectrum , overtones and undertones laid bare and detail to die for . I have compared them to most of the top dogs and you can instantly hear the clog however miniscule , when you switch from the Zen . Simply put ,IMHO they amount to true high fidelity .

The set-ups I know of ,which are successfully using these cables are a varied lot . So it is not as if that the cable is gear dependant . Just to point out that the power cords in the set up are not the Seraphim , looks more like their No.1 and a Cherub PC behind the rack. I also spy a PMR tuning device perched atop one of the cases .

http://www.highend-electronics.com/i...cleMay2012.pdf
StereoTimes --

Any idea about the distribution box in use ?

Best,
jazzhead

Last edited by jazzhead; 02-03-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g997 View Post
I wish TB would get a US distributor and start making something happen here in the States. The best I ever heard Magico's sound was with TB electronics. And, I like their tasteful cosmetics.
I thought they had a distributor in Texas?
Myles Astor, Senior Editor., Positive-Feedback.com, Goldmund Telos 300 amplifier, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi EVO phono and tape stages; Zellaton Plural EVO speakers; VPI Vanquish Turntable, VPI 12-inch Fat Boy gimbal arm and SAT LM-12 arm; Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga mk.2, vdh Colibri Master Signature cartridges; Technics 1506/FM heads; Various cables including TA, MIT, Kubala-Sosna, Skogrand, Viero L3 Equilibrio speaker cables, Audience, SRA Craz 3 rack, Isobase and OHIO Class XL+2.1 platforms.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myles B. Astor View Post

I thought they had a distributor in Texas?
I think that is correct. There have been several false starts and at least two former US distributors, perhaps 3. I corresponded with the last (in Colorado if memory serves) when he was bailing on the brand and trying to dump demos on agon for under $20,000 (well under, actually). There is currently a dealer in Atlanta with whom I have corresponded recently. The price has gone up If any one wants the contact info, feel free to pm.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:05 PM

No mention of a US distributor on the TB website

Anyone have a link to the US distributor?
Old 02-03-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
No mention of a US distributor on the TB website

Anyone have a link to the US distributor?
Contact TB directly and they will have someone contact you.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:58 PM

What is the big secret here ?

You'd think we were trying to locate weapons or drugs......
Old 02-03-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
What is the big secret here ?

You'd think we were trying to locate weapons or drugs......
Don't know. No secrets from me. I'm just telling you how I got through to the dealer. In my email exchanges with him, he hasn't relayed who the distrib is. I also didn't ask. As TB Japan had the dealer contact me, I assume the business goes thru them, not the distributor.
Old 02-03-2013, 06:41 PM

In the December absolute sound ad it says imported by RATOC Systems International Inc
Santa California on page 125.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:28 PM

RATOC Systems International
Myles Astor, Senior Editor., Positive-Feedback.com, Goldmund Telos 300 amplifier, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi EVO phono and tape stages; Zellaton Plural EVO speakers; VPI Vanquish Turntable, VPI 12-inch Fat Boy gimbal arm and SAT LM-12 arm; Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga mk.2, vdh Colibri Master Signature cartridges; Technics 1506/FM heads; Various cables including TA, MIT, Kubala-Sosna, Skogrand, Viero L3 Equilibrio speaker cables, Audience, SRA Craz 3 rack, Isobase and OHIO Class XL+2.1 platforms.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzhead View Post

... It is one of nothing impeding the flow , an open sluice if you will , flowing freely . Extremely high bandwidth , lightening fast , no spotlighting anywhere in the frequency spectrum , overtones and undertones laid bare and detail to die for . I have compared them to most of the top dogs and you can instantly hear the clog however miniscule , when you switch from the Zen . Simply put ,IMHO they amount to true high fidelity... Any idea about the distribution box in use ?

Best,
jazzhead
Great description jazzhead and probably a very good reflection of both the Technical Brains and the ZenSati... my best effort at conveying the sensation would be that listening to (through?) this combo is the singular, startling experience of watching a music landscape in incredible resolution... It's like plasma... It's fascinating how it engages so differently because of the extraordinary clarity and detail... just quite electric... It's liquid like an idea.

The combination is just quite extraordinary.

Not sure about details on the distribution box but I believe the pillow in the corner was 12.5k.

G.

Sent from my iPhone using A.Aficionado