AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Aurender

Aurender Reference Music Servers

Old 03-05-2018, 10:26 PM

I'm definitely in, $50 no brainer. I have not yet made up my mind about MQA . It may be that MQA is just a fad until streaming DSD and other hi resolution formats happens as network speeds improve over time but if Tidal Masters sound better then they do now with this software app. upgrade which is already good I am happy. As for Dan, I hope his curiosity will force him to check it out sooner rather than later I also await your opinion Dan

Last edited by 1KW; 03-05-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:57 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KW View Post
I'm definitely in, $50 no brainer. I have not yet made up my mind about MQA . It may be that MQA is just a fad until streaming DSD and other hi resolution formats happens as network speeds improve over time but if Tidal Masters sound better then they do now with this software app. upgrade which is already good I am happy. As for Dan, I hope his curiosity will force him to check it out sooner rather than later. I also await your opinion Dan
David.......Yes, my audio neurosis is always in play. How well I am able to control it with logic is another question all together. .

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 03-05-2018, 11:13 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Well Aurender is on schedule from what they told me on a first quarter release.

I get the wait approach, but could not help myself.

In the menu, I first went to “Software Upgrade” and updated to the latest version, this took maybe 5 minutes. Also within the menu, 4th up from the bottom is the option “Purchase MQA License”. Select purchase and the popup asks you for your iTunes password, and it installs from there.

I slid the radio control option to MQA, and now getting ready to hear how this performs. Very simple process. It does say the license is per unit at a cost of $49.99

Update - Well now I am playing it, and I think I just discovered that the first fold is all I will get with going into the PS Audio Direct Stream. On the iPad I see it is showing 32bit, 176.4Khz, and on the N10 screen it shows 88.2Khz as 24 bit, so now need to figure whats what...unless anyone knows. The PS has the bridge and MQA has been installed last year.

UPDATE II: - For those of you that have the Aurender N10, going into a PS Audio Direct Stream you will not get the full MQA unfold since PS will only obtain this through their Bridge via ethernet connection. Is it better with the higher first fold sample and worth the $50, sure, disappointing to not have full unfold, yes.

Last edited by For The Love of Music; 03-06-2018 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-06-2018, 01:04 AM

I just purchased the MQA license for my aurender X100L and I can tell you it's awesome!

Way to go Aurender!!!

Old 03-06-2018, 09:08 AM

I did the upgrade, all I can say is no disappointment here. Even though I am limited to 96 k I like what I’m hearing
Old 03-06-2018, 10:01 AM

Interesting read as always with the MQA topic.

http://archimago.blogspot.ro/2017/10...t-why.html?m=1
Old 03-06-2018, 01:46 PM

I updated my W20 last night and it is intended for one device. I believe Dan will have to pay twice if chooses to do so. I updated, but like Dan, am not completely sold on MQA. I think its a giclee.

Dave
Old 03-06-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
I updated my W20 last night and it is intended for one device. I believe Dan will have to pay twice if chooses to do so. I updated, but like Dan, am not completely sold on MQA. I think its a giclee.

Dave
Hi Dave,

Does your above comment mean you hear no difference with the "further" unpacked MQA files ?

I have not yet purchased the MQA license, but I do have a slight preference for some of the 24/48 MQA Files that I tried on Tidal. Just wondering if this next step (without a full MQA DAC) makes sense or not.

Olaf
Old 03-06-2018, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imprezap2 View Post
Hi Dave,

Does your above comment mean you hear no difference with the "further" unpacked MQA files ?

I have not yet purchased the MQA license, but I do have a slight preference for some of the 24/48 MQA Files that I tried on Tidal. Just wondering if this next step (without a full MQA DAC) makes sense or not.

Olaf
Do it you won't be disappointed
Old 03-06-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Interesting read as always with the MQA topic.

http://archimago.blogspot.ro/2017/10...t-why.html?m=1
I read the article but all I can say is the MQA unfold to 24/96 on the aurender to my D1100 via USB silver eclipse WW7 sounds fantastic . I will have to try and compare turning the MQA feature on and off in the conductor app. but I am happy