AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 07-06-2020, 07:00 PM

Default Ultimate Omega Ethernet -released

OMEGA ETHERNET

The Omega ethernet cable redefines the term state-of-the-art for performance in its category by combining Shunyata Research’s most innovative digital technologies into a single design, revealing never before heard low-level detail and dynamic contrasts. The immersive, three-dimensional listening experience provided by Omega ethernet cable represents an enormous upgrade for any music collection.

PRECISION MATCHED IMPEDANCE TECHNOLOGY

The most fundamental of three critical ethernet cable technologies is termed Precision Matched Impedance (PMZ). Designer Caelin Gabriel’s research into high-speed signal transmission found that the precision with which digital cable conductors are constructed has a profound impact on performance. Loose manufacturing variances lead to signal distortions that are clearly audible in a system designed for high fidelity.
To achieve the benefits of PMZ, Shunyata Research produces the ethernet conductors using extrusion and shielding processes designed to reduce phase distortion caused by characteristic impedance irregularities. This process reduces the micro-distortions associated with common ethernet cables. While this manufacturing process is slow and costly, it delivers superior timing, clarity and dynamics in sound when used in a media entertainment system.

OMEGA HYBRID MODULE
TAP & Cmode

For the purest signal possible, Shunyata Research has combined its patent pending TAP technology and CMode filter into a single hybrid module. The TAP polarizer reduces polarization distortion while the CMode filter simultaneously reduces high-frequency noise distortion, delivering an analog ease and palpable background silence that will close the gap between digital and analog front-end performance.

Taken together, these technologies elevate the performance of the Shunyata Research Omega Ethernet cable beyond anything currently available. Listen and compare for yourself and discover newfound resolution from your ethernet-based entertainment system.

KINETIC PHASE INVERSION PROCESS™

The second technology is the now-famous Kinetic Phase Inversion Process (KPIP™). KPIP™ is a proprietary Shunyata Research treatment process that effectively eliminates break-in and improves the performance of signal, digital, and power cabling. These improvements are significant when applied to high-speed signal conductors because they are more prone to signal degradation and micro-distortions compared to slower-speed analog signal cables.

Standard length of cable is 1.5 meters.
Please contact regional distributor for custom lengths

US$2,500
Where indicated, price is for the US only.
International customers, please contact regional distributor for pricing

Last edited by CGabriel; 07-06-2020 at 07:14 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:58 PM

Just when I thought I was done with Ethernet cables after installing the Sigma cable!!
Old 07-06-2020, 09:00 PM

The Sigma Ether is still best of the rest.

There is just a new sheriff in town.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:49 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
The Sigma Ether is still best of the rest.

There is just a new sheriff in town.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 07-06-2020 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:07 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitator View Post
Just when I thought I was done with Ethernet cables after installing the Sigma cable!!
The Sigma is outstanding....truly.

The Omega Ether is....a whole other level above that....more dimensionality, more hall ambience, more "body", "weight" and depth to vocals and instrumental timbres with more subtle and nuanced textures.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 07-07-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
The Sigma is outstanding....truly.

The Omega Ether is....a whole other level above that....more dimensionality, more hall ambience, more "body", "weight" and depth to vocals and instrumental timbres with more subtle and nuanced textures.
Must be that much better. 2.5 times the price of a Sigma
PreAmp: Audio Research Ref 6
Amp: ML 536 (2), Rotel 1552 (3), Rotel 1585
Speakers: Focal Maestro EVO, Focal 1000 Utopia Center, Focal 1000 IW6 side/rear surrounds, Focal 1000 IW6 X4 Ceiling, Rel G2 X 2 subs, Martin Logan 1500 X 2 subs, B&W 805D2 in master bedroom
Video: JVC NZ8 Projector
Power: Shunyata Everest, Sigma XC (1), Sigma NR (1), Sigma Analog (2), Alpha HC (2), Alpha Digital (2), Alpha Analog (1), Viper(1), Venom Digital(1)
Cables: Shunyata Anaconda SC, Anaconda IC (2), Shunyata Sigma USB, Shunyata Sigma XLR X 2, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, Shunyata Clock Alpha X 2, Sigma x 1
Old 07-08-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward3132 View Post
Must be that much better. 2.5 times the price of a Sigma
If the performance of the OMEGA powercord I had the good fortune to test is any indication of performance across the entire level, it will be far more than that [emoji2]
Old 07-09-2020, 04:56 AM

this is quite exciting IMO.

ethernet cable is another entry point for noise (via modem which is connected to internet cable). installing the sigma between modem and antipodes CX (even though music is on CX hard drive and i'm not streaming) radically changed what Puma Cat referred to above (dimensionality, hall ambience etc). For ~ $4k AUD (i hope, maybe $4.5k), to be able to significantly better experience all that stereo has to offer, is an extraordinary value. that said i'm catching up with so many tweaks right now that i'm happy to wait a bit (and that's good because i am sure we won't see them in Sydney for a while).

i really look forward to the various members' providing a review.
Old 07-10-2020, 08:00 AM

Am I correct in thinking that the TAP polarizer works on every "lane" (4?) in the CAT cable?

Edit: I read a short blurb about the TAP and I think I understand the construction of sequential copper discs around the conductors. So they will work their magic on all the conductors. The shield I'm not sure about how it's treated but for me in my application of 4xS/PDIF lanes in a CAT cable that will work with the Omega Ethernet TAP.

Last edited by crion2; 07-10-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-12-2020, 12:48 PM

I ordered 2 from my dealer, one for the AES/EBU cable from Meridian 210 streamer to preamp (861v8) and one from UHD722 HDMI audio upsampler (4xS/PDIF) to preamp.

Hoping they will be awesome!