AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 08-09-2014, 09:26 AM
From the BAT cave ...

Pearl Audio and McIntosh really stepped up to the plate on this one. Bravo!
Old 08-09-2014, 10:05 AM

Default help me understand

glad for you. why is the problem for mcintosh or your dealer and not the maker of your surge protector?

peter
Old 08-09-2014, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagpc View Post
glad for you. why is the problem for mcintosh or your dealer and not the maker of your surge protector?

peter
That's a great question; I wonder if these surge conditioning/protection companies ever pay out and what the process is to file a claim and prove it to them
Old 08-09-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagpc View Post

peter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indytown View Post
That's a great question; I wonder if these surge conditioning/protection companies ever pay out and what the process is to file a claim and prove it to them
Yep I am suprized that a replacment is comming because a household surge.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
APC paid for my B&W ASW800 subwoofer when it got toasted with a surge. I had it attached to a Rotel RLC-1040 which was made by APC.

Last edited by miner; 08-09-2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 08-09-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miner View Post
APC paid for my B&W ASW800 subwoofer when it got toasted with a surge. I had it attached to a Rotel RLC-1040 which was made by APC.
Interesting; what was the process and did you have to prove it to them, did they send someone out to investigate ?
Old 08-10-2014, 11:54 PM

I still don't know that it was the power surge that did it. All the rest of the equipment was fine, and it really was only a guess. Since I honestly can't be sure that a surge was the problem, and I have just spent a great deal of money for this wonderful Preamp only 7 short months ago, I think Chuck and Pearl Audio thought that this was a weird enough problem for it to consider a replacement.
Mcintosh MT5 Turntable
Dynaudio Focus 160 Speakers
Old 08-11-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Interesting; what was the process and did you have to prove it to them, did they send someone out to investigate ?
I had to fill out paperwork/claim forms, was called via phone for an interview on what happened and gave them the contact at B&W Group for diagnosis (I sent the amp to them).
Old 05-19-2015, 06:17 AM

Hello,
I also have a problem with my C2500 about the VU meters., the right delirium. The needle moves and emits little spitting in the right speaker, even when I cut the music (mute or volume to 0) or I unplug the source and all connectors at the rear. Sometimes the needle stops moving a few seconds and resumes.
Following this failure, I replaced all the pipes (=tubes) and check all the tablecloths and other connectors in the preamp, but the problem persists.

I can always listen to music while waiting to find the solution because it is noisy artifacts are not amplified. Really weird. As for the level meter on the left, do not worry. Someone he already encountered this problem?

Then I have another problem with the C2500, which dates from the day I bought it. When I use the hallway with my Mac mini USB (with all the latest updates) and Audirvana software, at some point, the preamp begins to no longer function normally when I change the song. This can happen after reading or 3 pieces of fifty. It's completely random and unpredictable. Thus the C2500 is blocked and no longer emits sound, the needles are 0, then qu'Audirvana continues to play the song. In other words, plant as a computer that is not responding. I think I have the same problem using the optical input (tbc).

At this time, I am therefore obliged to turn off the preamp, then unplug the sector or make a reset.

Tough to digest. 2 cares for even bought a new machine there is less than a year. It is still amazing
Old 05-21-2015, 02:21 AM

In the Philippines decades ago power was unreliable and fluctuated rapidly so most of us got Servo type power regulators with power-on delay. Power is much better now but we got the habit of getting the servo controllers.

The regulator tracked the voltage and adjusted voltage on the fly as it increased or decreased. If there was a power outage even for a millisecond the power-on delay feature would shut off power to the outputs for a good 5-10 mins depending on the brand setting. This way when there is flip-flop from the power source the equipment will remain off for the duration of the flip-flop.

Last edited by sandbites; 05-21-2015 at 02:25 AM.