AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 04-06-2015, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillydeWoofer View Post
I am only warning people. I am not interested in Magico at all. Magico is the only laughing partner. I advice potential buyers first to visit a lot of acoustical concerts and train their ears, before they buy ever what speaker. If you listen to 10 speakers they all sound different. At least 9 of them must be bad. Till now I haven't heard Magico sound naturally at all. How it comes? I don't know.
I think I now have said enough about these speakers.

Funny how people think that they have the “rights” on the truth – and they will save us from “bad” sound. Just because you go to concerts, or actually are involved in music creation, does not mean you have a better understanding on what “natural” reproduce sound means. Typically, to the contrary – musicians are very bad audiophiles. If some of the speakers you mentioned, which are subjectively anything but natural in comparison to the Magico (lots of anomalies in their empirical performance - therefor quite colored), sound good to you, you clearly don’t understand what natural sound is when it comes to sound reproduction. Again, a common problem among musicians.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1chen View Post
Never hear it sound good doesn't represent it is bad. In most of the dealer showroom, not all of them have the luxury to set up a top of the line source and amplification and high end cable for your casual listening. If you walk in and they look at your face and believe you will never afford one, do you think they will bother to entertain you? As you mention take reference to acoustical concerts, what make you think that the recording you have in the collection is truthful to the live. All recording music is edit and EQ by sound engineers with some highend system, others are normal system. If you think the magico is not naturally, it is just because it is not color enough and it reveal the recording of the song. Hence it voice down to passion to get thing right. But again, if you are not interest, no one can force you to like it. Just your opinion. If you don't like some one face, you don't go around the world and tell every one that person is ugly right? I hope you will find your love system one day.
+1
Old 04-06-2015, 12:20 PM

I hope you will find your love system one day.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, but they stand already at my listeningroom.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Thank you, but they stand already at my listeningroom.
Really?? Let me guess, you built them yourself
Old 04-06-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsalis View Post
Funny how people think that they have the “rights” on the truth – and they will save us from “bad” sound. Just because you go to concerts, or actually are involved in music creation, does not mean you have a better understanding on what “natural” reproduce sound means. Typically, to the contrary – musicians are very bad audiophiles. If some of the speakers you mentioned, which are subjectively anything but natural in comparison to the Magico (lots of anomalies in their empirical performance - therefor quite colored), sound good to you, you clearly don’t understand what natural sound is when it comes to sound reproduction. Again, a common problem among musicians.
I have been studying at a Conservatory for 7 years. And have since then 30 years experience with live instruments every day. And you think musicians like me don't know how music sounds. Are you serieus? Do you also think Formula 1 racers can't drive a car? Nadal cannot hit a bal?

Most audiophiles highly overrate there capability to hear. And the manufactures keep laughing. They really love people like you. You simply ask to get fooled. But that's good for the economy.

My advice: try to learn something. Go f.i. to concerts or learn playing an instrument. After that we can maybe talk on the same level.
Old 04-06-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsalis View Post
Really?? Let me guess, you built them yourself
Yes. No.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Most audiophiles highly overrate there capability to hear. And the manufactures keep laughing. They really love people like you. You simply ask to get fooled. But that's good for the economy.

My advice: try to learn something. Go f.i. to concerts or learn playing an instrument. After that we can maybe talk on the same level.
Well, since you are so smart, and I am sure can teach us many things (after all none of us, Magico owners, ever been to a concert, or heard or played a real instrument), why don't you start by telling us what system do you have? I mean we all know a troll when we see one, so why don't you get to our level, and enlighten us.

BTW, since you are in Holland, you probably heard of the very famous recording engineer, Harry van Dalen, the owner of Rhapsody. Another guy who never heard real instruments before and uses Magico as his reference (yes, I know he sells TAD and Avalon as well, but that is not what he takes to bed every night).

Last edited by marsalis; 04-06-2015 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Life is beautiful

Dear friends, let us not be too harsh for each other please.
This is after all the friendly forum!

I don't think musicians don't have a good ear for reproduced sound. They mostly do.
And I do believe Magico makes some of the finest speakers on this planet.
(And yes, I attend live concerts: some 20 classical, 5 jazz, and a couple of pop per year).

Now back to topic: the new Magico S7!!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 04-06-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Dear friends, let us not be too harsh for each other please.
This is after all the friendly forum!

I don't think musicians don't have a good ear for reproduced sound. They mostly do.
And I do believe Magico makes some of the finest speakers on this planet.
(And yes, I attend live concerts: some 20 classical, 5 jazz, and a couple of pop per year).

Now back to topic: the new Magico S7!!
You are a wise man.
Musician are often emotional people
I sometimes use a mirror
Back on topic.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:18 PM

BTW, since you are in Holland, you probably heard of the very famous recording engineer, Harry van Dalen, the owner of Rhapsody. Another guy who never heard real instruments before and uses Magico as his reference (yes, I know he sells TAD and Avalon as well, but that is not what he takes to bed every night).[/QUOTE]

I know Harry for 30 years now. He is born at my neighbourhood. Harry knows what he is doing musically seen. I know his girlfriend too. He takes her to bed every night. Are you saying he doesn't?
But he is a businessman. And what does a businessman wants? Yes, making profit. So Harry is not a good example here.

I am just a consumer that writes wat he has heard. Nothing more, nothing less.