AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Sooloos, Olive, Wadia, Sonos, to name a few

Old 04-15-2019, 05:58 PM
conrad-johnson, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
Many of the reports I have read about include Cybershaft clocks and I'm hoping the G-01 Rubidium clock will provide the same results they have described. I'm in uncharted territory here in terms of my knowledge about networking but I've spent more for less and I trust the others using the SOtM are equally crazy about optimizing their sound. My goal is to bring steaming sound as close as possible to spinning cds and some with significantly better dacs are already there. The GigaFoil is a bargain for how much it saves me in cable length costs!!

Dave
Yep, I am using two TP-Link FMCs between my EoP Adapter in the dining area and the audio rack; a 7 M run of Tripp-Lite optical fiber cost me all of....$16. An Audioquest Diamond Ethernet run that long would cost...$7400. Sorry, AQ, but no.
conrad-johnson CT-5 and LP70S, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion w/ EAR324, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore microRendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1 power supply, Shunyata Alpha USB cable, Schiit Gungnir Multibit Gen 5 USB DAC, Schiit Loki DSD DAC, Mac Mini/Roon, Dynaudio Contour S3.4 with Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, Audioquest Colombia and Colorado ICs, Shunyata Venom speaker cables, Shunyata Zitron Cobra and Black Mamba CX and Venom 3 power cords, Shunyata Triton, Synergistics Research HFT acoustical tuning devices
Old 04-15-2019, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
If so, VERY interested in what you have to say about it once its burned in. Thinking about this or the Innuous Zen Mk3 half-width unit.

I’m interested in the difference between the zen and the zenith.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:00 PM
conrad-johnson, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubla36 View Post
I’m interested in the difference between the zen and the zenith.

More goodness; most likely due to the power supply. But at over 4 grand, I won't be going there.
conrad-johnson CT-5 and LP70S, Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion w/ EAR324, Oppo BD-83SE, Sonore microRendu with Uptone Audio LPS-1 power supply, Shunyata Alpha USB cable, Schiit Gungnir Multibit Gen 5 USB DAC, Schiit Loki DSD DAC, Mac Mini/Roon, Dynaudio Contour S3.4 with Esotar 2 tweeters, REL R-305, Audioquest Colombia and Colorado ICs, Shunyata Venom speaker cables, Shunyata Zitron Cobra and Black Mamba CX and Venom 3 power cords, Shunyata Triton, Synergistics Research HFT acoustical tuning devices
Old 04-16-2019, 12:17 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
Many of the reports I have read about include Cybershaft clocks and I'm hoping the G-01 Rubidium clock will provide the same results they have described. I'm in uncharted territory here in terms of my knowledge about networking but I've spent more for less and I trust the others using the SOtM are equally crazy about optimizing their sound. My goal is to bring steaming sound as close as possible to spinning cds and some with significantly better dacs are already there. The GigaFoil is a bargain for how much it saves me in cable length costs!!

Dave

Super Dave O.

Wouldn’t you want a dedicated clock with the SOtM switch versus coming off the main system?

Thought is a setup would look like this:

Clock > Switch > Gigafoil > Component

Versus the clock at the component having to back track to the switch?
Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3’s & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for Gigafoil v4, modem, routers, switches & Stillpoints.
Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, Ansuz C2, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII
Old 04-16-2019, 03:01 AM
conrad-johnson, baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by For The Love of Music View Post
Super Dave O.

Wouldn’t you want a dedicated clock with the SOtM switch versus coming off the main system?

Thought is a setup would look like this:

Clock > Switch > Gigafoil > Component

Versus the clock at the component having to back track to the switch?
Yeah, that's the config I would think would be optimal.
Old 04-16-2019, 08:34 AM
Racing Hoopties

Default Any SoTM users here?

Good question. I think this depicts that route better. (Sorry to attempt to be Tommy technical)

Clock ————
I I
Gigafoil - Switch - Streamer/DAC

OR

Clock ————————
I I
Switch - Gigafoil - Streamer/DAC

I don’t think a clock is in the signal transmission line in this case.
Main room - Sonus Faber Stradivari, JLAudio F113v2, McIntosh MC2301s with Stillpoint Ultra SS feet, McIntosh C1100 on Stillpoint Minis, Esoteric K-03X on Stillpoint Minis, Cybershaft Ultimate 2 OP17 on Stillpoint Minis, (Esoteric G-02), SilenZio v.2 Audio by -E- Media Server (running ROON), Other - 2 Stillpoint Apertures, GIK Bass Traps, Vicoustics Waveguide panels, Shunyata Alpha Clock 75 1.5 meter BNC, WW Gold Eclipse 7 SCs, WW Platinum Starlight 7 USB, WW Silver Electra 7 PCs, WW Silver Eclipse ICs; 3 X 20 Amp Power lines, PS Audio P10 & Dectet, 3 Sound Anchor stands, Powerports and numerous Noise Harvesters. Furutech Flex 50, Cable risers, HRS dampeners

TV Room Audio - Panasonic TC-P60GT50, McIntosh MX-121, MC7106, Revel F52 & C32, B&W LM1, Sonos Connect\W4S Remedy\iFI 9V Power, WW & Kimber cables, PS Audio Dectet

Last edited by crwilli; 04-16-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:24 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Side note:

SOtM translates to “Soul of the Music”.
Power Conditioning, Filters & Switch: Nordost QRT Power Product Line, Furutech GTX-D NCF/GTX 105D, 20 AMP Dedicated w/Surge Protection, AQVox SE switch, Keces LPS P3’s & P8 w/Nordost AC power and Ghent DC cables for Gigafoil v4, modem, routers, switches & Stillpoints.
Cables, Isolation, Room Treatment: Nordost Supreme Reference (Odin) Distribution, Reference Line (Valhalla 2) Components and Speakers, Ansuz C2, HRS M3X Platforms & Damping Plates. Stillpoint’s Ultra 6/SS and Vicoustic Room Treatments
Power & Sound: D’Agostino Pre-Amplifier to D’Agostino Momentum Mono’s driving Wilson Alexia’s
Source and Digital: Aurender N10, Brinkmann Nyquist MKII