John Coltrane
A super performance on SACD
Impulse Records 314 589 596-2
Regards,
Jim

Old 05-14-2019, 06:01 PM
Life is beautiful

^^^^Good stuff Jim!
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 05-14-2019, 06:02 PM
Life is beautiful

Count Basie and Dizzy Gillespie - The Gifted Ones
via Qobuz

Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 05-15-2019, 01:35 PM
Life is beautiful

A nice dose of Ella...
(Almost 5 hours of it!)
via Tidal

Old 05-15-2019, 03:58 PM
Life is beautiful

Ella Fitzgerald - Ella at Zardi's
Qobuz 24/192

Recorded in '56.

True fans of Ella Fitzgerald must be having a hard time trying to find storage space for the live albums of their idol, since there are so many of them. And yet, this one, completely new, is rather special as it proposes a concert offered in Hollywood’s Zardi’s Jazzland on 2nd February, 1956 - a few days before she recorded her first disc for Verve. Originally recorded by Norman Granz to celebrate this signature on his label, these two sets will in the end remain in the archives to the detriment of Ella Fitzgerald Sings The Cole Porter Song Book, a studio disc that would launch her series of albums devoted to the songbooks of the great American authors… In this year 1956, Ella Fitzgerald is almost 40 already and is far from being unknown. But her transition from Decca to Verve would finally propel her into a completely new level of fame. We hear her here full of exuberance, joy and energy. Her voice is astoundingly fluid, and her sense of rhythm is difficult to surpass. And even when she forgets part of the text, the great entertainer that she is takes over and the adoration from the audience doesn’t waiver one bit. As for her repertoire, she makes the masterpieces her own, penned by Duke Ellington (In A Mellow Tone), Cole Porter (My Heart Belongs To Daddy), Jerome Kern (A Fine Romance) and the Gershwin brothers (S'Wonderful, I've Got a Crush On You). As for the disciples to this voice, we find the pianist Don Abney, bass player Vernon Alley and drummer Frank Capp - all impeccable bodyguards, even if later, musicians of a completely different level will assist the singer. It’s very touching to hear, in the first seconds of the disc, Norman Granz tell the Californian audience: “For me she’s the greatest there is: Miss Ella Fitzgerald!” © MZ/Qobuz
Old 05-16-2019, 09:04 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A81q6UND_MM
Old 05-16-2019, 06:29 PM
Old & New - Carpe Diem

Hold-on
Noel Pointer
Interesting Jazz Violin with a stellar cast
United Artists Records UA-LA848-H
Regards,
Jim

Old 05-17-2019, 12:33 PM
Retired

To help out Kenny Burrell with his on-going health & financial issues, I purchased this, from which, I assume, he will derive some benefit (am no fan of GoFundMe). A couple of my favorite artists and an excellent recording.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Burrell.jpg (95.4 KB, 48 views)
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 05-17-2019, 04:20 PM
Old & New - Carpe Diem

House Party
Jimmy Smith
Very solid play and jams.
Blue Note CDP 7 46546 2
Regards,
Jim

Old 05-18-2019, 10:37 AM

Dexter Gordon - The Montmartre Collection Vol. 1
Black Lion BL-108 (1967), vinyl

D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2