AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Magico

Magico Extreme Fidelity

Old 03-02-2013, 03:49 PM

Avalon Compas Diamond US retail is $50K/pair.
It makes it a competitor not only for Wilson Alexia, but for several other speakers Estelon X Diamond included.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:51 PM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKF1 View Post
Avalon Compas Diamond US retail is $50K/pair.
It makes it a competitor not only for Wilson Alexia, but for several other speakers Estelon X Diamond included.
Why, because one blog quoted that price? Please post a link to a reputable review or Dealer's website showing the US price, or I can only take your comment with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Bodhisattva; 03-02-2013 at 04:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:57 PM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsli View Post
Why? If that's where he lives, those are the prices he pays. Nothing silly about that.
I agree, only problem is, he was comparing both speakers in Euro prices, and one, ah hum, is made in the US (and therefore subject to steep Euro price hikes).
Old 03-02-2013, 05:06 PM

This thread has derailed so far now..... So pointless!!

Last edited by Masterlu; 03-03-2013 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Abbreviated profanity is not permitted.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:11 PM
Learning to Listen

The hallmark of this forum is its civility. Good discussions. A place to enjoy and learn. That is one reason I'm donating 4 subscriptions, and Dan has kicked in another 2. Because it is that valuable to us. We want folks to come here and enjoy!

This has been a good discussion, with many learning points raised. However, I'm a little lost now, relative to the initial topic. Perhaps someone can help get it back on track?

And don't forget to enter the subscriber contest!

Old 03-02-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pider View Post
The hallmark of this forum is its civility. Good discussions. A place to enjoy and learn. That is one reason I'm donating 4 subscriptions, and Dan has kicked in another 2. Because it is that valuable to us. We want folks to come here and enjoy!

This has been a good discussion, with many learning points raised. However, I'm a little lost now, relative to the initial topic. Perhaps someone can help get it back on track?

And don't forget to enter the subscriber contest!
Thank you. I've got about 150hrs on my titanium gloss s5's. They replaced v2's. They have settled down enough now to begin to understand their character which I would classify as more detailed, coherent and spacious than the wood series. I always thought the v2's were a bit harsh.... Not so with the s5. Obviously, they go much deeper but don't have the punchy sound of the old series. This may change as according to my dealer they still have a long way to go to "break in". I am pretty thrilled with them so far. More to come.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
My guess is these new speakers from Avalon. Am I warm? They are the front runners to replace my Alto's..

What a difference a month makes. I thought you were buying the S5's after you sold your current speakers. Now Avalon. Large change in house sound between the two.

Last edited by turntable; 03-02-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsli View Post
Why? If that's where he lives, those are the prices he pays. Nothing silly about that.
Agree.
I can only compare the price I pay for gear in Australia. Dreaming about local prices for locally made HiFi in another country is, well just dreaming.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by turntable View Post
What a difference a month makes. I thought you were buying the S5's after you sold your current speakers. Now Avalon. Large change in house sound between the two.
Gosh, ive been off the forum to grab some sleep for 5 hours & now apparently I am buying the Avalon Compas speakers? What a difference 5 hours makes That said there is no law about changing your mind before you hand over a year's disposable income on a pair of speakers. However, after the breathtaking panning given to these speakers by members it is certainly now less likely I would buy Avalon speakers.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:31 PM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by turntable View Post
Agree.
I can only compare the price I pay for gear in Australia. Dreaming about local prices for locally made HiFi in another country is, well just dreaming.
Turntable, perhaps you should go back and re-read my earlier comment. I remarked it is silly to compare the Euro price of US-made speakers to the Estelons (which are made in Estonia) since the US product is subject to a large Euro price hike. That was all.