AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > CD Players, Digital Music & Servers

CD Players, Digital Music & Servers Aurender, dCs, Esoteric, Lumin.

Old 06-09-2019, 06:57 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem666 View Post
Don’t know if the Zen has wifi out of the box. Anyway I need a XLR AES/EBU output as the MDA1000 does not have USB, and the Zen is USB only.

I think it doesn't.

Jacques, I have to say I like the idea of streaming wirelessly, like I've been doing so far with my cheapo Yamaha solution.

The threads with Stephen's ethernet cable solution optimisation adventures show that this gives much more clutter than going wireless...
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 06-09-2019, 12:50 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
I think it doesn't.

Jacques, I have to say I like the idea of streaming wirelessly, like I've been doing so far with my cheapo Yamaha solution.

The threads with Stephen's ethernet cable solution optimisation adventures show that this gives much more clutter than going wireless...
Agreed, Bart, that streaming wirelessly with Wifi can be very appealing; I listened to my Sonore microRendu that way for over a year and a half.

Installing my Ring video doorbell, though, created all sorts of dropout problems for me, however. Even though I live in a small townhome, it's a veritable Wifi Black Hole, and even with Wifi Extenders, I had major problems streaming. It was getting so bad that I couldn't stream a single song without dropouts.

I will say, that consistent with Sonore's experience, a wired connection DOES sound better than Wifi on the whole, and going to a fiber configuration instead of a long run of copper Ethernet took that direct connection to another level entirely. Moreover, a good friend just made a similar transition, going from Wifi to optical/copper Ethernet with his microRendu and has had exactly the experience I've had. He wrote me last night that with installing the OpticalModule and taking that POC iFi iPower power supply out of his system resulted a "breakthrough" in sound quality for his system.

I also have to say its been a very useful learning experience, so its been very interesting intellectually, as well. How else would I have learned the deleterious effects of low-impedance and high-impedance leakage currents, fast digital signal transients on ground planes, the impact of power supplies on audio reproduction, and...clock phase noise?

Its all, good, though...its been a fascinating journey.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 06-09-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-09-2019, 02:35 PM
Life is beautiful

Hi Stephen,

We do have good internet over wifi.
And the Auralic seems like a very decent streamer, with a big cache memory.
I wonder if it can compete against the ethernet cable route, when the wifi is optimal...

You see, I'm fighting against the maybe/probably inevitable clutter!

We do have fiber cable in the house...
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 06-09-2019, 03:00 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Hi Stephen,

We do have good internet over wifi.
And the Auralic seems like a very decent streamer, with a big cache memory.
I wonder if it can compete against the ethernet cable route, when the wifi is optimal...

You see, I'm fighting against the maybe/probably inevitable clutter!

We do have fiber cable in the house...
Ha! LOL.

I'm envious you have fiber cable in the house for telecoms....
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:26 PM

It is done.

The order for an Auralic Aries G2 is out...
...to be continued.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem666 View Post
It is done.

The order for an Auralic Aries G2 is out...
...to be continued.

Congratulations Jacques!

Listening session to be planned when burnt in...
Old 06-15-2019, 10:47 AM

Default dCS Network Bridge or Auralic Aries G2 ?

Anticipation

IMG_2033.jpg

Last edited by JemHadar; 06-15-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:55 AM

Feels like a B-Day

IMG_2035.jpg
Old 06-15-2019, 10:59 AM

Last unfold pending
IMG_2036.jpg
Old 06-15-2019, 11:05 AM

Boys and Toys
IMG_2037.jpg

Last edited by JemHadar; 06-15-2019 at 02:43 PM.