AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > D'Agostino Audio

D'Agostino Audio Master Audio Systems

Old 07-09-2011, 03:15 AM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Phillip. I used to drop into Norman Audio on the 4th Floor of the Aldelphi Building when staying in Singapore. They always had some nice gear on display. Of course I spent most of my time with Ron at Coherence.

Jim
Jim....Norman Audio is indeed a real fun place to hang-out, as there is so much stuff to play around with!.....I did drop by Ron Ong's shop quite sometime back when I was considering MBL, but ended up going an entirely different route as my wife had a lot to do with that decision!.....Philip
Old 07-09-2011, 03:30 AM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
I will be in Singapore early August. Jerry let's go speaker hunting for your new system.

Phillip et al, if you're still around, you distract the owner and I'll whisk the Momentums away. May be you can bring some durian to dull his senses during the operation!
Howie.....Does that mean you'll be skipping the 2011 HK AV show (5-7 August)?.....Anyway, if you happen to be in Singapore earlier than planned (say during the week of 18-Jul-11), then you should come and hang out at Norman Audio - it'll be fun!......and I don't think the durian ploy will work, cause' I'ed probably be throwing up all over the place.....durians make me really nauseated!....pretty wimpy huh?......In any event, the owner knows where I live, so I'm screwed either way!.....Philip
Old 07-09-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjl View Post

Howie.....Does that mean you'll be skipping the 2011 HK AV show (5-7 August)?.....Anyway, if you happen to be in Singapore earlier than planned (say during the week of 18-Jul-11), then you should come and hang out at Norman Audio - it'll be fun!......and I don't think the durian ploy will work, cause' I'ed probably be throwing up all over the place.....durians make me really nauseated!....pretty wimpy huh?......In any event, the owner knows where I live, so I'm screwed either way!.....Philip
I am not a Durian guy either but my wife is and Jerry is still trying to convert me.

I will be at the AV show. I fly on the 9th August. You'll be there? We have to meet up and pretend that we're rich and in the market

howie
Old 07-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
I am not a Durian guy either but my wife is and Jerry is still trying to convert me.

I will be at the AV show. I fly on the 9th August. You'll be there? We have to meet up and pretend that we're rich and in the market

howie
Howie,

Well, when it comes to durians, for the most part, it's either "love it" or "hate it"! My wife loves durians, and whenever she brings some back home, I always try to make her finish them as quickly as it is humanly possible, as it stinks up the entire fridge!

I'll be also hanging out at the HK AV show (5 to 7-Aug), and it'll be great if we can meet up - will give you a shout to arrange to hook up. Will there be any other AA members who might be passing through town for the show as well?

As for "pretend that we're rich and in the market", that'll be tough cause' firstly I'm a real shitty actor, and secondly, in this current heatwave, my official attire for this entire summer season are shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops ONLY - in other words (as per my wife), I look like a real slob!!

Philip

Last edited by psjl; 07-11-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:48 PM
World's Oldest Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Philip.......Location: 22° 16′ 43″ N / 114° 9′ 26″ E. The Hong Kong Governer House?
Quote:
Originally Posted by psjl:
Damn it Dan!!.....I was slumming there quite comfortably, and now you've busted my cover!......let's see now, seeing as how I may have now become a fugitive in Hong Kong for slumming in the Governor's House,

A beautiful area of Hong Kong. . . .

I have a record player and a cd player and some other stuff that sounds pretty good.

MAIN SYSTEM: . . . Audio Physic Caldera III Loudspeakers, Spectral DMC 30SL Preamp, Spectral DMA 250 Amp, Spectral/MIT interconnects and speaker cable, Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable, Walker Precision Speed Controller, Graham tonearm, [B]Koetsu Rosewood or Grado Statement 1 Cartridges, PASS - X-ono Phono Stage, Esoteric K03 CD/SACD Player, Lexicon RT-20 Universal Player, Exact Power EP-15A & SP-15A power regeneration and conditioning devices. Symposium Acoustics Svelte pads & RollerBlock Jr's under speakers. ASC Tube Traps, Arcici Suspense Rack System, OPPO and Cambridge Streaming Devices.

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM: . . . Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento Speakers, JL Audio F112 Sub, McIntosh MA7000 Integrated Amp, McIntosh MVP871 Universal Disc Player, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player, VPI Scoutmaster with periphery ring clamp, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Koetsu Pro IV, or Clearaudio Discovery Cartridges, Mark Levinson No. 25s phono stage, Wadia 170i Transport with a Meridian Bitstream 203 DAC, VPI HW-17 Pro Record Cleaning Machine, Five Richard Gray RGPC 400 devices scattered around the two systems, Arcici Suspense Rack System, Discovery Essence and Essential Cables, 14,000 ± LPs .
Old 07-11-2011, 02:03 PM
World's Oldest Audiophile

Quote:
Damn it Dan!!.....I was slumming there quite comfortably, and now you've busted my cover!......let's see now, seeing as how I may have now become a fugitive in Hong Kong for slumming in the Governor's House, maybe I can make a break for the border to 39° 54' 59" N / 116° 23' 25" E!!!!.....don't tell anyone OK?!
Yes, Philip, your new digs at 39° 54' 59" N / 116° 23' 25" E do look a tad more secure than the ones in Hong Kong.

I have a record player and a cd player and some other stuff that sounds pretty good.

MAIN SYSTEM: . . . Audio Physic Caldera III Loudspeakers, Spectral DMC 30SL Preamp, Spectral DMA 250 Amp, Spectral/MIT interconnects and speaker cable, Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable, Walker Precision Speed Controller, Graham tonearm, [B]Koetsu Rosewood or Grado Statement 1 Cartridges, PASS - X-ono Phono Stage, Esoteric K03 CD/SACD Player, Lexicon RT-20 Universal Player, Exact Power EP-15A & SP-15A power regeneration and conditioning devices. Symposium Acoustics Svelte pads & RollerBlock Jr's under speakers. ASC Tube Traps, Arcici Suspense Rack System, OPPO and Cambridge Streaming Devices.

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM: . . . Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento Speakers, JL Audio F112 Sub, McIntosh MA7000 Integrated Amp, McIntosh MVP871 Universal Disc Player, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player, VPI Scoutmaster with periphery ring clamp, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Koetsu Pro IV, or Clearaudio Discovery Cartridges, Mark Levinson No. 25s phono stage, Wadia 170i Transport with a Meridian Bitstream 203 DAC, VPI HW-17 Pro Record Cleaning Machine, Five Richard Gray RGPC 400 devices scattered around the two systems, Arcici Suspense Rack System, Discovery Essence and Essential Cables, 14,000 ± LPs .
Old 07-11-2011, 06:25 PM

I would love to go to the Hong Kong show, but it's right at deadline for issue 40. Maybe next year!
Old 07-12-2011, 03:23 AM
Audio Snoopster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprice View Post
Yes, Philip, your new digs at 39° 54' 59" N / 116° 23' 25" E do look a tad more secure than the ones in Hong Kong.

Julian......You like?!.....Impressive huh?!.....now, if only I can find a little space to erect my own little portrait.......not sure which room the Momentums will sound great in, but I'm pretty sure whichever room it is, it's going to have to undergo some pretty major room treatment surgery!.........hmmmm, decisions, decisions..........Philip

Last edited by psjl; 07-12-2011 at 03:27 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Audio Snoopster

Saw some pics (from CAF 2011) of what looks like the final production version of Dan D'Agostino's matching stands for his Momentums which I mentioned in my earlier post on this thread (post #25) on this thread.

I personally think the stands look great with the Momentums.

Last edited by psjl; 11-28-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Saw some pics (from CAF 2011) of what looks like the final production version of Dan D'Agostino's matching stands for his Momentums which I mentioned in my earlier post on this thread (post #25) on this thread.

I personally think the stands look great with the Momentums.
Nice!