AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > McIntosh Audio

McIntosh Audio A Tradition of Excellence

Old 09-19-2019, 09:03 PM

Natural Sound in Framingham, Mass is an excellent McIntosh (and B&W) dealer. Ask for Mark.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMusic View Post
Natural Sound in Framingham, Mass is an excellent McIntosh (and B&W) dealer. Ask for Mark.

Awesome! I will give them a call.
Old 09-20-2019, 06:17 AM

A couple photos before clean up.

Last edited by jtayres; 09-20-2019 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:43 PM

wow! you did well! even if you have to pay to service the units, still a great deal. and yes, ALWAYS ship in McIntosh or AudioClassics boxes. I sold my vintage gear (upgraded to newer McIntosh last year) and ordered new boxes from the factory for shipping - no issues upon arrival. If you have the walnut cases, do NOT ship in those, remove the units first.

Lake house: Beomaster 5500, Beogram 5500 CD, Beocord 5500 and U-Turn Orbit Plus TT. Wharfedale 225 speakers
Old 09-22-2019, 07:44 PM

That nakamichi cassette player is classic! love how the auto reverse works on those. worth a pretty penny too.

Lake house: Beomaster 5500, Beogram 5500 CD, Beocord 5500 and U-Turn Orbit Plus TT. Wharfedale 225 speakers
Old 09-22-2019, 08:33 PM
Greetings from NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuyDLF View Post
ALWAYS ship in McIntosh or AudioClassics boxes. I sold my vintage gear (upgraded to newer McIntosh last year) and ordered new boxes from the factory for shipping - no issues upon arrival. If you have the walnut cases, do NOT ship in those, remove the units first.
Great advise. I am getting ready to ship my vintage office system (mostly 1976) to Audio Classics for a checkup. Five boxes that will be wrapped and strapped to a pallet. Only way to go in my opinion is with a direct shipper. With the Audio Classic boxes you protect the glass. Do not have packing material against the knobs or glass. The glass will crack.
Two Channel: McIntosh C2300 preamp, MC601 amps x2, MR88 tuner, MEN220; Esoteric K-03X; Aurender N100C 4TB; B&W 802D2 Diamonds, JL Audio F113V2 x 2 on Sound Anchor Sub Stands; VPI Classic Signature Piano Black, Ortofon Cadenza Black, VPI SDS, periphery ring, StillPoints center weight, Gingko Audio ClaraVu Dust Cover CT, KAB SpeedStrobe, Dr. Feickert Analogue Protractor; Sonos with W4S digital modification to W4S Remedy to Esoteric; W4S PS1 Linear Power unit for the 2x Remedy and Recovery w/ W4S PS1 Power Cord; Torus RM20; Wireworld Silver Series 7 Electra/Starlight/Eclipse cables and WW Platinum Power Cord for Amps and Platinum USB for Aurender; KLAUDIO RCM; Steve Blinn Designs extra wide three shelf rack; GIK Acoustics panels and bass traps, StillPoints Ultra Minis under all gear and Stillpoint Ultra SS under amps and speakers.
Home Theater 7.2: McIntosh MX150, MC452, MC207; B&W 803D2 Diamonds, HTM2 center, CWM7.3 surrounds; JLAudio F112 x2 subs; Panasonic TC-P65ZT60 65" Studio Master Plasma; Oppo 205; Crown FM Two Tuner; Sonos with W4S Remedy; Apple TV; Furman Elite 20 amp PFi x2; WW and AQ Cables/Cords; Salamander Synergy Four Bay Cabinet
Office 2ch with McIntosh vintage refurbished gear: McIntosh MC275V6 x2 tube amps; Klipsch Cornwall I vintage speakers (1982); AQ Dragonfly Red DAC/Jitterbug/cables; PS Audio Dectet Power Center; Mcintosh C28, MC2105, MR78 (with mod), MQ101, each with original walnut cabinet and panloc (1976), MCD7008 (1996), ML1C speakers (1976); Bang & Olufsen Beogram 4002 turntable (1976) with new SoundSmith SMMC20CL cartridge (2015); Salamander double rack
Old 09-23-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuyDLF View Post
That nakamichi cassette player is classic! love how the auto reverse works on those. worth a pretty penny too.

I do too! So cool watching it flip. It was a little stiff when I got it but the reverse and eject are working well now. It currently is not playing, but is rewinding and fast forwarding so I’m sure it won’t take much to get it going again.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:30 PM

Default Vintage McIntosh

Ended up bringing the preamp to Atlantic systems electronics in Hanover ma. They have good reviews and are listed as a McIntosh tech on mcintosh’s website. A few places I talked to highly recommended them. I guess we will know in a few months if they are good. I couldn’t bring myself to ship the unit.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:21 PM

Very good to hear about this place. Curious about the turnaround time--a few months? Looking forward to seeing if they crack the case. Good luck!
Old 10-12-2019, 06:41 AM

Yeah I knew going into it it would be a while, they moved locations in last couple weeks after 30 years in the same building. Seemed reasonable to me that they would be backed up.