AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Photography

Photography Digital & Film Buffs here

Old 05-31-2013, 01:20 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Default Puma pimpin' the pro1 pics

My Fuji X-Pro1 is an almost perfect camera. One little bug it has is that it's easy to engage the "Q" button to bring up the Quick menu with your thumb on the back of the camera.

Enter camera accessory company Match Technical to the rescue. Match Technical makes a line of thumb rests for Leica, BessaR, and Fuji owners, etc. called the "Thumbs Up". The Thumbs Up is CNC machined from billet and beautifully anodized to match the finish of your camera. They fit in the hot shoe of the camera. They also make a set of soft shutter release buttons called Beep, Boop, Bip and Bop. These are machined from solid brass and decorated in different ways.

I decided to pimp out my X-Pro1 with a ThumbsUp and soft release....

Here's the unboxing shots of the ThumbsUp made specifically for the Fuji X-Pro1:

Nice box with magnetic closures...

Opening reveals the Thumbs Up machined thumb rest:

I ordered Opera Act 1 and Opera Act 2 Bips for my X-Pro1 and X20...the Bop that came with the Thumbs Up kit I ordered is also shown. (Bips are convex soft releases, Bops are concave). The Thumbs Up is also shown...

Here's the Thumbs Up installed on the X-Pro1. It fits in very snugly and is beautifully made.

A front shot showing my Act 2 Bip and the Thumbs Up at the rear...you can see the Thumbs Up looks virtually factory. Combined with the really nice Fuji front grip (which you can see on the left of the body) these two provide a very secure and comfortable grip and purchase on the camera body. And it keeps you from acidentally hitting the Q button.

Pimpin' with the Pro...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 05-31-2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:31 AM

That'a pretty cool Stephen ......nice little touch on the Opera Act 2.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:39 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Thanks, 'cisco...it be stylin' now!
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:43 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Here's the Match Technical Opera Act 1 Bip on my X20. Photo taken with my POS Canon 1D MkII and 17-40L/4.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:44 PM

Those shutter release buttons are very cute! Do they improve shooting experience?
Old 05-31-2013, 04:38 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Hi Tommy,

Don't know yet. I have a Bip (convex) and Bop (concave) and haven't shot with either just yet. I'll try both and see which I like best. The idea between them is to provide a more progressive release of the shutter (hence the term "soft release") that minimizes camera movement or shake at the time of exposure.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Some more pics of the pimped-out X-Pro1...this time taken by the little X20. It's image quality is quite impressive.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Cool, calm scientist

As I'm heading to the Eastern Sierra next week for some r 'n r and landscape photography, I needed a good clamp to mount in my Markins ballhead and Really Right stuff clamp on my CF Feisol tripod.

And here it is: the Really Right Stuff clamp and grip:

Mounted up with the new 14 mm lens on the tripod:

All CNC machined from billet and then black anodized.