AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc

MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc Ultra High End Equipment

Old 06-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Merry Christmas to all

PAR.......Welcome to Audio Aficionado.

Great tips for the dCS Vivaldi group.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 06-01-2014, 01:31 PM

Thanks Dan and Ivan for the welcome. I'm finding it a bit difficult to learn how to navigate things here -- like how do I edit my profile or add a signature?

Anyway, I hope that my comment was helpful. It is easy to become confused between data rates and clock frequency rates. They are related but are not exactly the same.
Old 06-01-2014, 05:42 PM

JCR and PAR, thanks for the comments. I think I'll be using my Scarlatti Trans/Clock as the primary source...I haven't experimented much yet with USB...

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus MM2 & Trans Ref MM MM2 Intcnct.
Power Shunyata Triton/Typhon, Anaconda Zitron cords (x9)
Digital dCS Scarlatti Clock/Trans/Dac with Transparent Reference XL Digital cables (clock and dual aes)
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Schroder LT arm, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)
Old 06-01-2014, 05:49 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAR View Post
Thanks Dan and Ivan for the welcome. I'm finding it a bit difficult to learn how to navigate things here -- like how do I edit my profile or add a signature?

Anyway, I hope that my comment was helpful. It is easy to become confused between data rates and clock frequency rates. They are related but are not exactly the same.
PAR.......Click on User CP in the blue bar above to navigate to profile and signature areas.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 06-01-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy2 View Post
Just pulled the trigger on an upgrade for my dCS Paganini / Puccini upsampler and clock. When delivered I'll have a full Vivaldi stack minus the transport. Impressions to follow in a few weeks. I had a few technical reasons for making the switch. The Paganini did not auto sense file sampling rates. You also had to manually switch clock frequencies if you switched sampling rates. The Vivaldi The clock has multiple outputs so you can send the to the U/S and DAC - 44.1 and 48kHz and multiples thereof. The units lock to the one they needs for whatever file is being converted. If anyone has any unique experiences or lessons learned in the setup of the DAC / Upsampler, please post. Mine will be here in about three weeks.

Cincy
Cincy2,

Congratulations !

Regards,
Joe Ling

Source 2 - Avid Acutus SP reference + Thales Reference tone arm + Benz Micro LPS (DS Audio Master 1 broken tip repaired but cost me USD2k. Still having issues - channel imbalance - back to dealer. However, channel issues not withstanding, sounded very very nice. Need to get it back soonest)

Source 3 - DCS Vivaldi + Antelope reference clock or Cybershaft Op18 (not floating my boat so far)

Source 5 - ROON ROCK with Aurender W20 as NAS & 2 units of SOTM switch with 10M input (the new frontier but still cannot beat CD for now) - ROON endpoint - Vivaldi upsampler

Amplification - Naim Statement

Speakers - ProAc Carbon 8 + JL FM113 x2 (replacement purchased - Stella Utopia EVO but due to lockdown, could be a year's wait)

Purepower 2000 x 2 (&$@#% but
sounds nice)

Shunyata Denali X 2
Old 06-01-2014, 08:48 PM

Default Still Can't edit my details

Dan ,

I have tried USER CP>edit your details but all I get is a message saying that I do not have permission to enter this page.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Old 06-01-2014, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Dan , I have tried USER CP>edit your details but all I get is a message saying that I do not have permission to enter this page. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
I think you need to be a subscriber to have access to all capabilities . It is definitely worth the small investment.

Last edited by Still-One; 06-02-2014 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:49 AM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Dan ,

I have tried USER CP>edit your details but all I get is a message saying that I do not have permission to enter this page.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
PAR.......I have been a Subscriber to this forum from its beginning many years ago so I can't honestly remember trying to enter the User Control Panel without having access. Perhaps Ivan will chime in and shed some light on your issue.

Of course you can always choose to help support the forum by becoming a Subscriber. The annual fee is $25.00 and it is worth every cent in benefits that become available. If you wish to become a Subscriber just follow this link:

http://www.audioaficionado.org/payments.php

Old 06-03-2014, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCR View Post
When your dCS Vivaldi is new, I found you need to give it at least a good 4 days before it stabilize. In terms of break-in, I would say at least 300-500 hours minimum, but I must say I noticed a big jump in performance once I got to 1,000 hours.

I leave mine ON all the time so getting to 1,000 hours should take you 5-6 weeks or so. I am well beyond 10,000 hours on mine and it sounds nothing like when it was new. Don't get me wrong it sound great out of the box, but something magical happen passed 1,000.

I would be curious to know what others have to say...
My new dCS Vivaldi DAC has about 90 minutes on the clock now. Sounded very confused at first...it's already settled down some and showing some hints of what's to come. I'm pretty anxious for 1000 hours !

I'll get a few pics up in a day or two...

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus MM2 & Trans Ref MM MM2 Intcnct.
Power: Shunyata Triton/Typhon, Anaconda Zitron cords (x9)
Digital: dCS Vivaldi DAC & dCS Scarlatti Clock/Transport with Transparent Reference XL Digital cables (clock and dual aes)
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Schroder LT arm, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)

Last edited by jfrech; 06-03-2014 at 07:07 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 06-03-2014, 08:21 PM

Huge congratulations! The break in is part of the journey; don't get too frustrated. Enjoy in good health and share your impressions please. And, of course, pictures would be very nice.