AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Conrad-Johnson

Conrad-Johnson It just sounds right

Old 11-29-2011, 02:35 AM
dpod4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat
That's wonderful, dpod4 (BTW, what is your real name?); you have a lot of us envious here. I'm sure Bill and Lew will like to hear of your review.
And sorry should have signed threads with my name (Darrin).
Old 11-29-2011, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpod4

Thx. From what I'm told you are in for the same treat with the ca200!!
Thanks Darrin,

I am excited, that's one reason why I snagged it before they disappear. I think the ET5 playing through the CA200 should be a fun combo.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:36 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Thanks, Darrin!
No worries, this is just such a friendly place, most of us use our real names when addressing each other; it's more personal.

Cheers,
Stephen aka Puma Cat.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:40 AM
dpod4

Quote:
Thanks, Darrin!
No worries, this is just such a friendly place, most of us use our real names when addressing each other; it's more personal.

Cheers,
Stephen aka Puma Cat.
It's a great resource and friendly community for sure. AA is now tied with Words for Friends as most used app on my iPhone and iPad!
Darrin
Old 11-29-2011, 02:43 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Darrin,
You've got quite a system there; it's impressive. How do you like the Soundsmith Ebony Voice? I've always liked the Ebony Voice when I've heard it in Peter's rooms at audio shows; I prefer it to the Strain Gauge, the Susurro and the new "cactus needle" cartridge.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-29-2011, 03:03 AM

Truly amazing Darrin....thanks for sharing

l
LP12SE,urika phonostage,radikal power supply, dynavector XV-1s,conrad-johnson GAT and LP275M, Sonus Faber Elipsa,yter/naim/Linn cables, vibex, finite elemente
Old 11-29-2011, 02:03 PM
dpod4

Quote:
Darrin,
You've got quite a system there; it's impressive. How do you like the Soundsmith Ebony Voice? I've always liked the Ebony Voice when I've heard it in Peter's rooms at audio shows; I prefer it to the Strain Gauge, the Susurro and the new "cactus needle" cartridge.
Thanks, Stephen,
The Voice Ebony is very fast, detailed, open and airy. Throws a massive soundstage...biggest I've heard . I'm not sure I have the VTA dialed in and I'm not sure how much of what I am hearing is the triplanar and/or the modified empire table. I need to spend more time with it and compare to Innovation and Graham/Benz. I am thinking I wish I had stuck with just one table (ESP now since it has two arms). I grew up with an Empire 698 so the Atmasphere was an impulse purchase. Will likely sell it if anyone is interested here....a turnkey system with a new triplanar arm (mfgd in this past summer). I had a local audiophile friend over who's ears I trust a lot and encouraged me to keep it. Darrin
Old 12-04-2011, 02:18 PM
dpod4

Update. Pr350 is becoming more awesome each day. Listened to sacd Rickie Lee Jones last night (Pirates, Woody and Dutch track). Best I have ever heard it bar none. Nothing between me and RLJ vocals. Heard details never noticed before. The CJ350 remained sweet but lifted all veils.

This is the album/track I remember listening to as a teenager with my maggies and modified hafler amp and empire ttable/grado setup. All the Maggie traits I remember and love but more detail sweetness dynamics and MUSIC. Front to back imaging depth is amazing. What amazes me is amount of detail and extension coupled with perfect sweetness. Not as holographic as VAC tubes tho....
Old 12-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Sure, rub it in. Seriously you have great amp there. I am very happy you are enjoying it very much. Happy break in
Old 12-04-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeinid View Post
Sure, rub it in. Seriously you have great amp there. I am very happy you are enjoying it very much. Happy break in
Joe...that's not rubbing it in. When Darrin lets you know how the Pr350 is beating the pants off the 911mk3 he auditioned just recently, that's when he'll be rubbing it in

Last edited by cmalak; 12-04-2011 at 05:01 PM.