AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Stillpoints

Stillpoints Lower Your Noise Floor

Old 02-17-2014, 04:17 PM

Default Entreq anyone?

I'm interested in better grounding for my gear. It's probably at least as important as everything else. Electrical signals is going through the ground all the time and into the HiFi gear. To reduce that is important, I think.

Entreq got some products, ground boxes, with very good effect I'v read.

Anyone knowing anything about them? Tried them or so?
Old 02-23-2014, 11:30 AM

Hi,

So I have been using the grounding cables with both the silver Tellus and Atlantis.

You may think it may improve things a little, however I think you may be in for a large shock, I certainly was. The difference is neither small or neutral. Amazing difference.

All I can say I try it in your system. I am pretty sure you won't be removing it!

Let me know how you get on
Marc.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marck1973 View Post
Hi,

So I have been using the grounding cables with both the silver Tellus and Atlantis.

You may think it may improve things a little, however I think you may be in for a large shock, I certainly was. The difference is neither small or neutral. Amazing difference.

All I can say I try it in your system. I am pretty sure you won't be removing it!

Let me know how you get on
Marc.
I'v been trying Entreq Silver Tellus to pre amp and power amp and Silver Minimus to CD.

No doubt it makes a positive difference. I's so quiet between the tunes and instruments. Everything feels controlled, calm and free. It gets more real and musical.
I really could not think i would have that big effect.

Old 03-24-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexorca View Post
I'v been trying Entreq Silver Tellus to pre amp and power amp and Silver Minimus to CD.

No doubt it makes a positive difference. I's so quiet between the tunes and instruments. Everything feels controlled, calm and free. It gets more real and musical.
I really could not think i would have that big effect.

I'v been using Entreq for some weeks now. I did not expected it to need time to burn in. But the sound still gets better and better and the biggest step was this weekend.

I 'am extremely satisfied with this investment. It was really not expected to be that effective I think.

For sure, the earth really needs to be cleaned.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:14 PM

Hi,
I've just ordered an Entreq Konstantin headphone cable to replace the stock cable on my Audeze LCD 2.2.
Great read that Per-Olof's products make such a big improvement. Can't wait to receive my cables and hear for my self what the improvements will be.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:56 PM

Anyone uses their signal cables or power cords?
Old 04-03-2014, 04:02 PM

maybe a bit off-topic, but today I received my Entreq Konstantin head phone cables. First impressions are real good, great look and feel and build quality. They also sound really awesome, not sure how long these normally would need to "burn in" but this is one awesome upgrade!!

Old 04-10-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerzom View Post
maybe a bit off-topic, but today I received my Entreq Konstantin head phone cables. First impressions are real good, great look and feel and build quality. They also sound really awesome, not sure how long these normally would need to "burn in" but this is one awesome upgrade!!

Congrats!
Old 12-12-2014, 07:18 AM

I have only recently Started to pay attention to the Entreq range of products and I would be most grateful for a little advice as to optimising a 'starter' kit that would best suit my current system.

I have gleaned thus far, that , in the first instance, paying attention to the Pre Amplifier is the way to go, and to that end I have in mind a single Silver Telus, connected to an ARC Ref5se, via a pair of Atlantis RCA's. However connecting to the signal line of the CDP and Amplifier would appear to be not quite as straight forward as neither piece of equipment sports any additional Line level connection , either RCA or XLR.
Would I be correct in assuming that the only way to connect them with the Telus would be via a grounding point ?

Jasper.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:19 PM
allvinyl

Default Entreq Implementation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I have only recently Started to pay attention to the Entreq range of products and I would be most grateful for a little advice as to optimising a 'starter' kit that would best suit my current system.

I have gleaned thus far, that , in the first instance, paying attention to the Pre Amplifier is the way to go, and to that end I have in mind a single Silver Telus, connected to an ARC Ref5se, via a pair of Atlantis RCA's.
Yes, one of Entreq's recommendations is to start with the preamp because they believe signal plane grounding should start at this component that they deem the heart of any system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
However connecting to the signal line of the CDP and Amplifier would appear to be not quite as straight forward as neither piece of equipment sports any additional Line level connection , either RCA or XLR.
Would I be correct in assuming that the only way to connect them with the Telus would be via a grounding point ?

Jasper.
You might want to check with the mfgrs as some components have their ground and signal planes together at one ground point. So, in that case you would be addressing both. If that is not the case, then yes, you would connect to the chassis ground and only be addressing the ground plane. Also, I don't know how you would address the signal plane since you don't have extra unused inputs or outputs.

John