AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > General Speaker Discussion

General Speaker Discussion Calling all Speakers

Old 12-31-2011, 10:45 PM

Default Awesome !!! Pioneer SP-BS41-LR Bookshelf Loudspeakers

I just bought a pair of these on recommendation from a friend. These are incredible for only $180 through Amazon.com

Amazon.com: Pioneer SP-BS41-LR Bookshelf Loudspeakers (Black, Pair): Electronics

Created by world-renowned speaker engineer Andrew Jones, SP-BS41-LR bookshelf speakers offer high-performance and exceptional quality to deliver a stunning music and home theater experience.

SP-BS41-LR Specs

Enclosure Bass-reflex Bookshelf Type Configuration 2-way Frequency Range 55 Hz - 20 kHz Nominal Impedance 6 Ohms Sensitivity (2.83 V) 85 dB Maximum Input Power 130 W Crossover Frequency 2.5 kHz Dimensions (W x H x D) 7-7/8" x 13-3/4" x 8-11/16" Weight (each) 10 lbs 4 oz Woofer 5 1/4" Tweeter 1" High quality home audio doesn’t have to break the bank. As proof, we’d like to introduce you to the new SP-BS41-LR bookshelf speakers from Pioneer.
Whether you use them as two-channel music speakers or part of a multi-channel home theater system, the SP-BS41-LR’s deliver wide frequency response and sophisticated sound quality regardless of the source.
70 Years of Audio Firsts

These speakers come with a remarkable pedigree of over 70 years of Pioneer audio heritage and industry firsts. Like every speaker we build, these are engineered to offer incredible design and amazing sound quality. But then that’s exactly what you’d expect from speakers designed by internationally renowned speaker engineer Andrew Jones. As Pioneer’s Chief Speaker Engineer, Andrew has designed some of the world’s finest loudspeakers, some costing as much as $70,000. Now he has brought his high-end expertise and passion to the creation of this affordable bookshelf speaker. And while the price is considerably lower than some of his other efforts, the expectation and delivery of accurate sound reproduction is the same.

To build the entire Pioneer American Source 5.1-Channel Speaker System as seen above, click on the pictures of the other American Source speakers in the table below!
Thinking Out Of The Box

Typically you’ll find most bookshelf speakers not only come in a box, they are a box. And while that might be better for production costs, it isn’t better for sound reproduction. The SP-BS41-LR speakers utilize a true curved cabinet design. So besides the aesthetics being considerably more pleasing, this stiffer design reduces standing sound waves inside the cabinet, resulting in high-performance and exceptional sound quality.
As you look at them, you’ll also notice our unique speaker grills. They’re beautiful and elegant in their own right, but not for their own sake. This visually pleasing design also has a specific function, which is doing a superior job of protecting the speaker drivers.

The Inside Story

The job of the cross-over in a speaker is to break the audio signal into low, high and sometimes mid-range frequencies. It’s an important job, and it uses circuitry like inductors and capacitors to accomplish it. Much of the competition uses an extremely simple, low-cost cross-over made up of a single capacitor and inductor. The Pioneer SP-BS41-LR utilizes a sophisticated 6 component high-quality cross over. The reasoning is simple: we do it because it’s one more way of insuring high-quality sound that makes its presence known.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:15 AM
McKlipschead

Joe....Andrew Jones is also the chief engineer for TAD speakers in case you didn't know
Old 01-01-2012, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyc View Post
Joe....Andrew Jones is also the chief engineer for TAD speakers in case you didn't know
That's the main reason why I bought them. I have to tell you that these little speakers are obscenely good for the money. If this is a taste of the CR-1's, OMG! They must be friggin' incredible. I have them hooked up to my CJ MV-60 and 099 preamp/DAC and I am absolutely amazed.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:45 AM

I believe they got a write-up in Stereophile (not an official review) but they were mentioned in an article on/interview with Andrew Jones.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:53 AM

yes Cyril
Pioneer SP-BS41-LR loudspeaker | Stereophile.com

l
LP12SE,urika phonostage,radikal power supply, dynavector XV-1s,conrad-johnson GAT and LP275M, Sonus Faber Elipsa,yter/naim/Linn cables, vibex, finite elemente
Old 01-01-2012, 11:58 AM

I have a pair of them in my bedroom rig, they sound great with a sub. It's cool to see a waveguide in such an affordable speaker too.

HT: Marantz AV7005, W4S Mini MC-5, Custom Waveguide Towers, SVSPB12-Plus/2
Old 01-01-2012, 12:01 PM

Yup. I bought a pair for my grandson last February and we were both greatly impressed with them. A bargain.

(A better bargain if you caught the Woot event: Pioneer Bookshelf Loudspeakers (Pair) for $89.99 + $5.00 shipping - sponsored - Deals.Woot
Old 01-01-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
Yup. I bought a pair for my grandson last February and we were both greatly impressed with them. A bargain.

(A better bargain if you caught the Woot event: Pioneer Bookshelf Loudspeakers (Pair) for $89.99 + $5.00 shipping - sponsored - Deals.Woot
I paid only $10 more during a Woot off.

HT: Marantz AV7005, W4S Mini MC-5, Custom Waveguide Towers, SVSPB12-Plus/2
Old 01-01-2012, 01:29 PM

I was cranking those babies last night with my MV-60. I am stunned how good under $180 dollar speakers sound
Old 01-01-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post
I paid only $10 more during a Woot off.
I paid even more direct from Pioneer!!