AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Power Conditioners

Power Conditioners Voltage regulation to AC Regeneration

Old 07-27-2017, 05:09 PM

While not the original subject, I have run an Isotek EVO3 TITAN for my stereo amp (and will drive monos in the future) and an Isotek EVO3 SIGMAS for all my other gear. The old negatives for the original TITAN product were remedied and all else improved in the EVO3 TITAN generation. Truly non-current limiting and works like nothing else I've ever tried. Same notes for the SIGMAS.

Some day when the lottery gods permit :grin:, I will add a Super Titan to the mix for certain as I've lusted after that and the Mosaic Genesis for some time.

I've owned top of the line active, passive, balance, not, power conditioners from 9 different vendors over many years. This Isotek gear is hear to say; best sounding, works as it promises and totally gets out of the way of the music.

That stated,...if someone dropped off a Super Titan tomorrow, it would go into the system in record time :grin:!
Old 08-22-2017, 07:27 AM

Maybe it is a bit off-topic but think it will be OK if I ask it there.

Does anybody know how do these linking outlets (powercon receipts) work? Do they provide the same degree of filtration as other outlets?

Isotek Titan One has one linking outlet. There is no information about it. Is it a simple pass-through outlet without filtration?

Isotek Evo3 Titan has one Multi-Link outlet. Does it provide filtration? Or it is only pass-though?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dubselect; 08-22-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubselect View Post
Maybe it is a bit off-topic but think it will be OK if I ask it there.

Does anybody know how do these linking outlets (powercon receipts) work? Do they provide the same degree of filtration as other outlets?

Isotek Titan One has one linking outlet. There is no information about it. Is it a simple pass-through outlet without filtration?

Isotek Evo3 Titan has one Multi-Link outlet. Does it provide filtration? Or it is only pass-though?

Thanks in advance.
I own both an EVO3 TITAN and SIGMAS. I was initially interested in the Super Titan but finances did not allow. I wound up having very detailed conversations with Keith at Isotek in the UK and his then active distributor in the US (Vana Ltd. who had a wealth of knowledge).

Here is what I was told on this subject;

- the Powerconn "AUX" or "MULTI-LINK" output on the EVO3 TITAN and Super TITAN are not passthrough at all; this is unlike I believe the Titan One and Genesis One where the Powerconn port is intended as a "linking" outlet only...

- it is direct output method for the exact filtered/treated power that the EVO3 TITAN or Super TITAN are supplying to their onboard outlets and is intended for use with their EVO3 Sirius power extender if memory serves or similar device that they sell...ask an Isotek dealer for details...

- the nice side benefit of owning the EVO3 TITAN and EVO3 SIGMAS that caused me to pick up the unit is the TITAN's more moderate price and its ability to provide unlimited power that is ultra-clean and causes my amp to sound it's best AND the EVO3 TITAN and EVO3 SIGMAS can be tied together with a Neutrik Powerconn to 20amp terminated umbilical such that the SIGMAS get the incoming benefit of the TITAN's filtering/power signature and then uses that as an input to its circuitry which is geared for front-end components (and 2 high current outlets as well). According to Isotek and Vana at the time, this was the 'little talked about sweet spot...' from a performance configuration point of view. I don't know about that but certainly the price is more attractive; what I do notice though is that the EVO3 SIGMAS tethered to the EVO3 TITAN works like a single unit sonically and the whole appears to be sonically (at least to my ears) better than the parts even are individually which is to say great and the best power conditioners of the MANY I've been through over the years for both passive and active.

There are new entries from Shunyata though that friends tell me equal or better the 2-3 year old EVO3 designs; will definitely have to give that a real test soon!

YMMV and FWIW,...
Old 08-23-2017, 09:30 AM

Thank you very much for the detailed reply, SCAudiophile!

This means that Evo3 Titan has 3 independent outputs and Evo3 Super Titan has 5 outputs. While Titan One has only 1 output. What a pity.

I thought I could sell Aquarius, buy Titan One and be happy as I really need only two filtered outputs.

But in reality if I want to add Titan One to my system I had to keep Aquarius (two boxes are not as practical as one). Or I can sell the Aquarius and buy Sigmas (which is less effective than Titan One).
The best way would be to sell Aquarius and to buy Evo3 Titan. But it is the most pricey.

Hmm... there is an occasion for reflection.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubselect View Post
Thank you very much for the detailed reply, SCAudiophile!

This means that Evo3 Titan has 3 independent outputs and Evo3 Super Titan has 5 outputs. While Titan One has only 1 output. What a pity.

I thought I could sell Aquarius, buy Titan One and be happy as I really need only two filtered outputs.

But in reality if I want to add Titan One to my system I had to keep Aquarius (two boxes are not as practical as one). Or I can sell the Aquarius and buy Sigmas (which is less effective than Titan One).
The best way would be to sell Aquarius and to buy Evo3 Titan. But it is the most pricey.

Hmm... there is an occasion for reflection.
What do you intend to hook up, power amps or front-end equipment?

If front-end equipment, EVO3 Sigmas is more effective,...if high-load amps,e tc...EVO3 TITAN is better though the 2 high-current outputs on the EVO3 SIGMAS are made for amps and I've used them; they are extremely good (but EVO3 TITAN is better).
Old 10-23-2017, 04:05 PM

Any info about the IsoTek Isoplug/Neoplug? I'm really interested in your opinions!
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Speakers: Triangle Magellan Cello II
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Rack: Solid Tech Hybrid
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Last edited by johndoe21ro; 06-04-2019 at 04:17 AM.
Old 10-24-2017, 02:34 PM

Not specifically on the plug...only on Elite and OPTIMUM cables and the EVO3 TITAN and SIGMA conditioners...
Old 11-21-2017, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
Not specifically on the plug...only on Elite and OPTIMUM cables and the EVO3 TITAN and SIGMA conditioners...
I have had the Elite EVO3 power cable for a year... I have recently replaced it with the Optimum EVO3. What a nice change! Much punchier bass, better separation and a less veiled sound. It makes me wonder what Ascension is all about!
Pre-amp/Digital: exaSound e32 w UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; SOtM tX-USBultra w UpTone LPS1.2; Apple Mac Mini w UpTone DC Conversion Kit & UpTone JS-2 Power Supply; Squeezelite w Logitech Media Server 7.9.0
Cables: AudioQuest WEL XLR, AudioQuest Everest, AudioQuest Hurricane HC, AudioQuest NRG-1000, AudioQuest Diamond USB
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; Synergistic Research Blue Quantum Fuse

Old 11-21-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe21ro View Post
I have had the Elite EVO3 power cable for a year... I have recently replaced it with the Optimum EVO3. What a nice change! Much punchier bass, better separation and a less veiled sound. It makes me wonder what Ascension is all about!
Cables: AudioQuest WBY XLR 72v DBS, AudioQuest Everest DBS 72V, AudioQuest NRG WEL 72V DBS, AudioQuest Diamond USB 216V DBS, UpTone ISO Regen
Tweaks: Omicron Stabilizzatore Armonico & Gold Evolution SE; IsoTek Sigmas GII w IsoTek Optimum EVO3; Furutech FT-SWS (R) AC Outlet; HiFi Tuning Supreme 3
I had the same result for the umbilical between my EVO3 TITAN and SIGMAS when I went to OPTIMUM....big difference! They are announcing a new top cord called the ASCENSION soon too....
Old 12-17-2017, 06:34 AM

Yeah but the Ascension's price is pretty steep for an IsoTek cable...