Acoustical Treatments Because the room matters

Old 01-01-2019, 11:13 AM
Racing Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
Speaker placement did it in our room.

+ 4 dB of bass!

[emoji106]
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches with fiber in between powered with Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other: GIK & Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three dedicated 20 Amp lines w/Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona 5 Shelf rack, Roon sometimes running self made convolution filters
Old 01-02-2019, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
Sorry for the spelling. Not my strength.

I have known him for many years before he could speak english very well. He is a true iconoclast. I consider him a cross between a mad scientist and an alchemist. There are other products “similar” on the market but he is the one that invented this concept.

And they work if you follow the general rules. You don’t need many to prove it to yourself. Just get a silver and a copper gold to start. That is enough do some dramatic tweaking.

He has these little square blocks about a quarter inch cube with holes in them. you put them on glass windows approximately in the lower corner about a few inches from the side and bottom. It transforms what is a vibrating reflecting surface dramatically.

I have no financial or interest. He and his products are truly unique and he deserves to be recognized.

Thanks for the tip Caelin- I’ve made contact with Franck and he has made some suggestions using some of his products to help. I’ll share the results when I get these installed...
Old 02-29-2020, 03:13 AM

Hi guys, I just found this thread and was instantly pulled in because I live in a glass cage in my listening room and my living room. I’ve often felt my system has never had the punch and bass depth I believe it should have and now you may have shed light squarely on the the reason why. My living room where the TV system lives is the worst. We have a difficult time understanding the words of shows we watch the juggling of volume to get audible intelligence is ridiculous.

The trail went cold and no one ever finished to tell us what happened to the sound of your system after treating the glass. I’m goin to look up the inventor now but would very much like to hear the results of your efforts! Thanks.

Olskool
Old 02-29-2020, 03:29 AM

IMG_2895.JPGIMG_2892.JPG

Here is what I’m up against in my listening room; floor to ceiling glass mirrors on my left side entire wall and segmented floor to ceiling glass in front of a solarium behind the speakers. A real challenge!
Old 02-29-2020, 08:09 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Gonna be tough, but believe something can be done to better things if not fix them.

To get started find a local acoustic expert, they specialize in industrial places; public halls, library’s, airports etc.

They will come out and get things addressed, amazed on what they do, my hunch is you’ll spend just as much as treatments for audio.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:46 PM

Default Glass Room

Looking at your picture I see a few TubeTraps in the rear left corner. Are they doing anything back there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olskool View Post
Attachment 61511Attachment 61512

Here is what I’m up against in my listening room; floor to ceiling glass mirrors on my left side entire wall and segmented floor to ceiling glass in front of a solarium behind the speakers. A real challenge!
Old 03-05-2020, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Attachment 61511Attachment 61512

You have work to do with your room and you know it.

Is changing the room (removing mirrors, adding acoustic treatments, etc.) acceptable?

If not, then one option to consider is electronic room correction. (It might be the cheapest option too!)
Old 03-05-2020, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Link View Post
Looking at your picture I see a few TubeTraps in the rear left corner. Are they doing anything back there?
Yes, they seem to do a good job. I get a better bass response with them there. I also put them in the corners behind the ones you see. There is a door and hall area and it really loads up bass in there. The tube traps seem to make a big difference. It took a while to find the right location for them. Since these shots were taken I have added StillPoints panels and they’ve made the biggest difference of everything used. I think the glass is the biggest hurdle so outside the resonators described earlier in this thread I might add curtains over the glass.

Olskool
Old 03-05-2020, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
You have work to do with your room and you know it.

Is changing the room (removing mirrors, adding acoustic treatments, etc.) acceptable?

If not, then one option to consider is electronic room correction. (It might be the cheapest option too!)
I’m good with and have been adding treatments but not sure I’m ready to bring the mirrors down. (Err, make that, not sure the wife is ready to bring the mirrors down). That might be a good resort to go to electronic treatment. I have been able to make a significant improvement along the way and feel that could continue before going to electronics.

Olskool
Old 03-05-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
I’m good with and have been adding treatments but not sure I’m ready to bring the mirrors down. (Err, make that, not sure the wife is ready to bring the mirrors down). That might be a good resort to go to electronic treatment. I have been able to make a significant improvement along the way and feel that could continue before going to electronics.

Olskool

You can spend a ton of money going that route. If you have a digital set up and are using Roon, for example, you can very easily add room correction filters for just a couple hundred dollars. That would be a mere fraction of the cost of treating the entire room. Not to mention that you don’t have to bother altering the room. Now, if you don’t have a digital set up, that’s a different story.