AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 10-29-2015, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
I'd be curious for you to try a Sigma HC, Analog or digital vs the Kraken or your Anaconda's. The Sigma's are a sigificant improvement for me in the areas of dynamics, bass textures and articulation, resolution. They are not so pricey either as re sell is pretty good and the Sigma Analogs/digitals are lower in retail than our Anaconda Zitrons.

I've been very happy so far. I will try a Transparent Opus Power cord this weekend so I'll get at least one comparison point.

Over the years it's been very hard to beat Shunyata for power...in my system.

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus Gen 5 & Magnum Opus Interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon/DPC-6 v2, Anaconda Zitron cords (x6), Sigma HC (x1), Sigma Analog (x3)
Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)
Thanks for the advice John. I already did the move to Stage III by the way. Now have 4 Krakens (one for main cable from wall to Triton, rest for preamp, phono stage and digital) and 2 Leviathans for Ref 610Ts. I am sure new Alpha series should improve over Ztron Anacondas, if I have a chance one day to try I will share my views ie how newest Shunyata compares to Krakens. I also have a recommendation for you, if you ever have a chance to try a Kraken it will be good to know how you compare it. But I also have a warning for you, it is very dangerous, it made me to change almost all of my power cords. And I was not planning that.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number95 View Post
Thanks for the advice John. I already did the move to Stage III by the way. Now have 4 Krakens (one for main cable from wall to Triton, rest for preamp, phono stage and digital) and 2 Leviathans for Ref 610Ts. I am sure new Alpha series should improve over Ztron Anacondas, if I have a chance one day to try I will share my views ie how newest Shunyata compares to Krakens. I also have a recommendation for you, if you ever have a chance to try a Kraken it will be good to know how you compare it. But I also have a warning for you, it is very dangerous, it made me to change almost all of my power cords. And I was not planning that.
Yep. And that's exactly what she does. She tempts you to go further, stay longer and spend more. But oh, how we love her.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
I'd be curious for you to try a Sigma HC, Analog or digital vs the Kraken or your Anaconda's. The Sigma's are a sigificant improvement for me in the areas of dynamics, bass textures and articulation, resolution. They are not so pricey either as re sell is pretty good and the Sigma Analogs/digitals are lower in retail than our Anaconda Zitrons.

I've been very happy so far. I will try a Transparent Opus Power cord this weekend so I'll get at least one comparison point.

Over the years it's been very hard to beat Shunyata for power...in my system.

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus Gen 5 & Magnum Opus Interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon/DPC-6 v2, Anaconda Zitron cords (x6), Sigma HC (x1), Sigma Analog (x3)
Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)
Do yourself a favor and never experience a Leviathan! Even Kraken is lightweight compared to it.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:43 PM

Tell me about it ! Had a Levi on my Vitus amp , just inserted another on my Stahl Tek DAC , replacing a Kraken . Incredible gains !! @Number95 Any experience with the new Medusa , Gorgon from Stage3 ?
Cheers