AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > B&W Speakers

B&W Speakers Bowers & Wilkins Greatest

Old 02-09-2020, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariess View Post
Another way to go that I did and like is to use Stillpoints ultra 5 under each foot. The B&W spike sits in the hole on one side of the Ultra 5 so you are supporting the speaker where it was meant to be supported but getting the decoupling of the Stillpoints. Take care to move the butterfly knob up off the Stillpoints so the speaker only connects by the spikes.
Thanks, have a friend with Ultra 5’s that I could ask to borrow and try out.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:44 PM

@Carlos84:
I'm also living in The Netherlands and mine 803 D3 gives to much bass (not with every music but say 30 (too much)/70) and my room is bigger then yours (540cm x 940cm), so I wonder if you already have them and how is the bass?
I had mine in a week btw.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet View Post
@Carlos84:
I'm also living in The Netherlands and mine 803 D3 gives to much bass (not with every music but say 30 (too much)/70) and my room is bigger then yours (540cm x 940cm), so I wonder if you already have them and how is the bass?
I had mine in a week btw.
Interesting--I have never heard someone say B&W has too much bass. So I have some questions:

When you say too much bass, do you mean more bass than the artist intended, or just more bass than you enjoy? The 800 line is very revealing--maybe it is accurate on 100%, but 30% of your music has more bass than you would like? Please tell us about the music you're listening to.

How close are your speakers to the rear wall? I would guess that they need at least 600cm and maybe a full meter.

Please also tell us about the other components in your system.

Good luck!
Old 02-13-2020, 08:17 PM

One more thing--does your dealer have a return policy that allows a full refund in a certain amount of time? If yes, I would return them if you have not resolved issue when you reach that point
Old 02-17-2020, 12:14 AM

I agree. I also prefer them on the wheels.
Old 02-18-2020, 06:47 AM

sorry i have the 800 d3 ,the bass is ok for my room 35 m2 .i not have the money for buy a amp like the McIntosh 611 ,, i use my old Denon AVC A1Sr 178 watts ,its ok for the mean time ,its sounds better than i was thinking ,only a Mcintosh is better and more power. so i can not put my amp open to dangers for clipping. but i can play normal volume. and my speaker i have only for 3 day , so i need to play 200 hours .but i am happy with them so very good sound. like they play live in my room.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:11 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos84 View Post
sorry i have the 800 d3 ,the bass is ok for my room 35 m2 .i not have the money for buy a amp like the McIntosh 611 ,, i use my old Denon AVC A1Sr 178 watts ,its ok for the mean time ,its sounds better than i was thinking ,only a McIntosh is better and more power. so i can not put my amp open to dangers for clipping. but i can play normal volume. and my speaker i have only for 3 day , so i need to play 200 hours .but i am happy with them so very good sound. like they play live in my room.

You can do much better with at least 300 Watts Amp.I used to have 800 N and it sounded muffled with MC 275 stereo,eventually blowing out a tube.
IMO BW 800 need power to drive, to open up in mid range other wise, it sound muffled with flat bass.
Do you realize you are missing out on rewards of musical investment?
Sami.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:42 AM

yes i know ,but not have the money this moment , so after some months i buy a Mc
Old 03-05-2020, 02:00 PM

Try at the aftermarket. There are especially great offers for stereo amp legends.