AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Audio Research

Audio Research State of the Art Audio Reproduction

Old 03-14-2016, 08:56 AM

Moreover, I've owned enough pieces of ARC gear over the years that I have required warranty service on a few occasions. I've never had a problem obtaining service under warranty. Ever. The company and its dealers stand behind their product.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:18 AM

Tell you what cleeds, as you are so sure of yourself on this point, why not fire an email off to Kalvin at ARC central to the effect that your have just taken the soldering iron to your less than 3 years old Ref2se phono, Pre, CDP, whatever, and ask him whether your item remains covered by ARC warranty?
Old 03-14-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Tell you what cleeds, as you are so sure of yourself on this point, why not fire an email off to Kalvin at ARC central to the effect that your have just taken the soldering iron to your less than 3 years old Ref2se phono, Pre, CDP, whatever, and ask him whether your item remains covered by ARC warranty?
That simply isn't necessary. As I previously stated, I've owned quite a number of ARC products over the years, going back to a D76A. That was a wonderful amplifier, by the way, and was the beginning of my relationship with ARC. I've had a handful of warranty claims since then and both the company and its dealers - I've used two different dealers during this time - stand behind their products.

Some people live in fear that manufacturers play "gotcha!" games with warranty claims. Perhaps some manufacturers do just that. But not ARC. And again, if you read the warranty, there's no exclusion cited for service by other than factory-approved techs. The warranty does state the company won't pay if "the defect is due to the product being repaired or tampered with by anyone other than Audio Research or an authorized Audio Research repair center." But that's a standard and perfectly defensible exception. Please note that the wording doesn't mean the warranty is null and void - only that the defect caused the improper repair or tampering isn't covered. You can't blame the company for that!
Old 03-14-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeds View Post
And again, if you read the warranty, there's no exclusion cited for service by other than factory-approved techs. The warranty does state the company won't pay if "the defect is due to the product being repaired or tampered with by anyone other than Audio Research or an authorized Audio Research repair centre"
Is entirely the point I am making!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleeds View Post
Please note that the wording doesn't mean the warranty is null and void - only that the defect caused the improper repair or tampering isn't covered. You can't blame the company for that!
Of course I am refering to the elements of any unauthorised work/parts not being covered, thereby making oneself financially liable for any Authorised repair.

You seem to be labouring under the misapprehension that I am having a 'GO' at ARC
Old 03-14-2016, 04:55 PM

Direct from the Death Star itself......

" Hello Jasper,

For your reference, I have attached a copy of the Audio Research Warranty. Please read the Conditions section of the Warranty Policy. Any violation of the conditions voids the warranty completely. This would be the case in the situations described below.

Best regards.

Kalvin Dahl
Customer Support Manager "

Last edited by Harlequin; 03-14-2016 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Of course I am refering to the elements of any unauthorised work/parts not being covered, thereby making oneself financially liable for any Authorised repair.
Then this seems to be just a little misunderstanding and not worth pursuing. However, you previously wrote:

Quote:
"Tell you what cleeds, as you are so sure of yourself on this point, why not fire an email off to Kalvin at ARC central to the effect that your have just taken the soldering iron to your less than 3 years old Ref2se phono, Pre, CDP, whatever, and ask him whether your item remains covered by ARC warranty?
... so you can see how this misunderstanding occurred, perhaps. Clearly, the item would remain under warranty.
Old 03-14-2016, 05:03 PM

Please see my last cleeds, ARC's position regarding non authorised work would seem to be as I understood it to be.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:26 AM

Harlequin, it seems you've taken multiple positions on this matter, and we've drifted off-topic. So I've started a new thread on just this issue.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:41 PM

Cleeds, I am most certainly not the one confused here! My correct interoperation of (as confirmed by ARC's service manager) and position on the ARC warranty has never wavered! See post #12
I fail to see why you are still confused?