AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Cables Galore

Cables Galore Speaker cables, Interconnects & Power cords

Old 11-03-2015, 07:04 AM

Default Kimber KS1120, any love?

Hi Guys

just a quick one to see if anyone has any love for the KS1120 cable range from Kimber.

I am running a mixed bag at the moment and have long wanted to standardise with a full kimber loom. I love my bifocal XL's and have to work with in a realistic budget range to do my balnced loom, so I figured the 1120 will be a nice balance between what I want and waht I can justify price wise.

Would love to hear from any KS1120 owners so please do share your thoughts and feedback

tjhanks in advance

Essjay.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:10 AM

I have the 1126's for the two channel side of my system and absolutely love them. You really can't go wrong with any of the Kimber select series. Highly recommend.
Sources: Linn Klimax DS, Kaleidescape Strato S Amps: MC452 & MC301 Speakers/Subs: Sonus Faber Olympica III’s & Nova CII in Wenge, 2 x JL Fathom 112's w/ Sound Anchor stands Pre/Pro: C1100, MX122 Power: PS Audio P10 Cables: Center speaker-Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8, L/R Speakers-Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7, Kimber Palladian Power Cables, Kimber KS1126 Interconnects Misc: Furutech Flux 50 NSF, Furutech GTX-D NSF outlets, Furutech Boosters
Old 11-05-2015, 12:26 AM

I have almost a full Kimber loom in my system. I am using a mix of Kimber ks1111 and ks1121 interconnects, and ks3033 and ks3035 speaker cables. I am very happy with everything, sounds amazing, very high build quality. You will not be disappointed!
Old 11-24-2015, 08:37 AM

Added a KS1120 between my pre and power amp last week, it replaced a QED something or other. To be candid i listeneed for a week and was scratching my head because I didnt hear an expected difference. Then on the weekend I decided to swap the XLR from my pre >> power to DAC >> Pre and moved the Acrolink from DAC >> Pre to Pre >> Power and instantly heard the difference I had expected all along.

When I first installed it, I figured pre to amp would be the more important link in the chain but my test results say other wise because it made a nicer difference between the dac and pre.

My journey continues and thanks for the feedback guys.
Old 12-18-2015, 11:17 AM

added a KS1130 today between the pre and dac, and moved the KS1120 to pre >> amp duties.

I also got a new set of WBT-0681cu spades for my bifocal xl's so i can use them with my ayre amp.

happy days and loving my full kimber loom
Old 12-18-2015, 01:57 PM

Switched out Transparent Super and ultra for KS1120 KS1130 on my McIntosh Vintage System. Keeping Transparent for the ARC Gear.

ARC REF6, ARC Ref PH 2SE, ARC Ref 150SE, Esot N-05, SF Oylimpia III, Garrard 301 Reed2p, WW Silver Eclipse 8, Kimber Kable Select IC XLR

C22, MC275, MR78, PS Audio Dac, Tannoy Daltons 12" Red's Tannoy ST200 Tweeters, Kimber IC's, Mac Mini, Transparent ULTRA Speaker.

Marantz 7C, Marantz, 9, & 10B Tuner, Tannoy 15" Red's in York Corner Cabinets

ARC Ref1, ARC VT 100II, MR74, Tannoy Red 12 LSU/12/8, Spider Transcription TT, Nordost Spk Cable

Fisher 400C, MR78, Fisher SA 1000, BenchMark Dac, Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables, Tannoy Supper Red 10" LSU/III/Z Monitors

ARC SP3, MC 30's, MR67, Devore Supper 8's, Wadia i171, MicroMega Dac, Transparent Supper Spk

C20, MC75's, MR71, MS300, Tannoy 12" Golds, Auditorium 23,

C11, (2)Harmon Kardon CitationII, Shindo Montille, MC2505, McIntosh 117, Audio Research ST70, Knight KB85, Pilot Sa 232, Marantz 8B

Scott 130 Preamp, Scott 272 Int, HH Scott 250's MR71 tuner, Tube Guru F2a Mono's,
Old 12-19-2015, 09:40 PM

I was using a pair of 8TC biwires while i procrastinated about getting new WBT spades to replace my WBT locking bananas. For the money they (8tc) are very hard to beat and I do like to change back to them every 6 months or so , to keep in mind the difference their bigger brothers make to my setup.

The big difference I notice between the 8TC vs BIFocal XL's is the bass extension and the XL's has it in spades there. The XL's also provide more detail in the mid and upper frequencies.

The KS1130 i just put into the loom seems to be more resolving then the 1120 and the 1120 was a fine cable as is, but the KS1130 is definitley a step up. Perhaps its the hyper pure silver (black pearl) they use in the weave. I have not been a fan of silver to date but there is something to these KS1130's for sure.

Photrealistic is another word that comes to mind with I think of my current presentation using the full kimber loom.

9/10 IMHO.