AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > The Lounge > Shooting Sports

Shooting Sports Guns & Ammo

Old 02-05-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
A '40'? What's that?
YB, I was refering to the number of clay targets broken on a 50 target course. I had been shooting pretty good up untill the beginning of Dec and thus the saying, "I haven't seen a forty in a while" !

Quote:
Everyone is welcome to join in our 20ga O/U challenge match at Cedar Creek. But, think we would bore you as we are not serious clays shooters (indicated by our scores).
makes no difference, it's all about having fun, enjoying the company of our buddies, if we get better at it along the way, great, if not no big deal.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado463 View Post
YB, I was refering to the number of clay targets broken on a 50 target course. I had been shooting pretty good up untill the beginning of Dec and thus the saying, "I haven't seen a forty in a while" !
Thanks. I should have put a smiley at the end of my question to indicate it was a jest. Just that I've never seen one as the result of my efforts.

Quote:
makes no difference, it's all about having fun, enjoying the company of our buddies, if we get better at it along the way, great, if not no big deal.
Absolutely. We are going to try to fit in three more before the weather starts warming up. Trying to convice folks to try M&M, but they think we can waste our money just as effectively without driving the extra 30 miles.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 02-12-2012, 12:35 PM

I do enjoy sporting clays. They have both skeet and trap at the gun club where I belong. But, I still like the real thing best. Duck,pheasant, and quail. When they are in season of course.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Retired

Many, many happy days hunting quail and pheasant along the Cimarron outside of Dover and ducks on our and the neighbor's ponds. But, the best was always dove season. Believe it or not, it is illegal to hunt doves here in NJ. Amazing.

Sporting clays this Tueday at M&M.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 02-12-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:

Sporting clays this Tueday at M&M.
check the weather Yb, forecast doesn't look to good.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:44 PM
Retired

30% chance of snow showers. Should be fun. I'll just oil the gun (and me) and give it a try. After our match this morning (21F & a nice 'breeze' that created 'white-out' conditions at times), it will be a 'walk in the woods'.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Retired

Great fun at M&M past Tues morning. Went backwards with only 19, but we went around much more quickly than we normally do at Cedar Creek. We were wishing we had brought along more ammo. 19 this time (grrrrrrrrrr........). Ah, well. Two steps forward, one step back thing (I hope). Sunday at Red Wing, over by the ocean.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:27 PM

YB, glad to hear you had a good time, nice layout isn't it ! Which course did you shoot ? I'm assuming with a 19 you only shot fifty rounds, FWIW, they do sell ammo there.

If you go there again let me know, perhaps I'll join you.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Retired

M&M had some sort of duck-release shoot going on and about half the course near the water was closed. So we shot about half on each course.

Not sure if we will get out again this year other than Monday at Cedar Creek. You are more than welcome to join us for that. We are starting at 10 a.m. It is about 4 miles west of the Millville, NJ airport. Google them. We might shoot one more time, the last weekend of the month. If we do, M&M sounds good. I'll let you know..

Silhouette starts the first Saturday of March and have three matches a month through October. Plan is to start sporting clays earlier this fall. Probably last half of Nov, which means we could have 12, or so, matches for our 20ga league, weather permitting. You are more than welcome to join in.

BTW, is that the DRG&W as your avatar? Nice ride. We did the Antonito to Chama two summers ago. Think I like it every bit as much. The RR Museum just above Coors brewery in Golden is also nice, as is the Davis Transportation Museum in Denver. They have a "Big Boy" inside and it is immense.

Last edited by Formerly YB-2; 02-17-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
We might shoot one more time, the last weekend of the month. If we do, M&M sounds good. I'll let you know..
let me know, if I'm not up north snowmobiling I'll try and make it.

Quote:
BTW, is that the DRG&W as your avatar?
Yes it is, just south of 'airport siding' as the train drifts back into Durango

Quote:
We did the Antonito to Chama two summers ago. Think I like it every bit as much.
Excellent, if you ever are there to do it again ride it from Chama to Antonito for the 'stack talk' of the locomotives as they work the 4% ruling grade out of Chama to Windy Point is most impressive

Quote:
Davis Transportation Museum in Denver. They have a "Big Boy" inside and it is immense.
indeed, we have a UP Big Boy outside our railroad up in Scranton, Pa @ Steamtown