AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wireworld Cables

Wireworld Cables A World Of Difference

Old 05-04-2015, 03:07 AM

Default Any Transparent Audio cable converts here?

im in deep on the transparent cable thing. i am considering a move into wireworld. im just curious if any one has done this? and was it worth it?

what level did you go to ? are the solid silver conductors really that good? are they bright sounding?

please voice opinions.. thanks!
Old 05-04-2015, 08:04 AM

What level and version of Transparent are you using?

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus Gen 5 Interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton/Typhon/DPC-6, Anaconda Zitron cords (x9), Sigma HC (x1)
Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)

Last edited by jfrech; 05-04-2015 at 08:04 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 05-04-2015, 08:20 AM

Only comparison I can give you is regarding power cords. I have Reference powerlink (RPL) with latest mm2x technology. I have 7 of them. I recently purchased Esoteric E-03 phono preamp. I jumped into a WW power cord (I believe it's the popular silver Electra 7). I quickly A/B against the RPL. I could not detect any difference. The WW cost 1/2 of the transparent. Not bad. Not bad at all. I'm at Ref XL cables (xlr, sc). I'm too deep in to Transparent to venture into WW at this junction but I have no doubt their products are worthy of my system.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 05-04-2015, 08:22 AM

I also bought WW silver Electra 7 RCA interconnect but all my refxl interconnects are xlr so I can't compare. All I can say is e03 sounds fantastic and the WW cable is right at home with my system.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion
Old 05-04-2015, 08:47 AM

I'll preface my comments with Cables are sensitive to how they interface with the rest of the equipment and no cable is perfect for every system. I actually had Transparent Ultra speaker and interconnect in my system for a home trial. I compared it to several cables at that time and it was my least favorite cable. The transparent had rolled off highs in my system and was disjointed. At the time I ended up selecting Silver Audio Symphony 48 speaker cables and Appassionata interconnect cables. Now I have WW Silver Eclipse 7 speaker cables, Platinum 7 XLRs and I'm waiting to receive my Platinum Digital cable. The WW platinum is the best interconnect cable I've ever had in my system...dimensional and just very musical. My system has plenty of detail without being bright, great soundstage when the recording allows, and the cables just seem to get out of the way of the music.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:25 AM

I use both. Transparent Ref Generation 5 for my entire 2-channel rig with top of the line Ref PC and PIR and PIMM conditioning. I use WW Silver Eclipse digital and XLR for my multi-channel. My preference is Transparent. Pricey, but I feel, worth it.

Dan D'Agostino Momentum HD Preamp
Dan D'Agostino Momentum Phono Preamp
Dan D'Agostino Momentum M400 MxV x 3
Dan D'Agostino Momentum S250
dCS Vivaldi Apex DAC
dCS Vivaldi Upsampler
dCS Vivaldi Clock
Wilson Audio Alexia 2, Yvette & Mezzo
REL No.32 x 2
REL Carbon Special x 2
AVID Acutus Ref SP, Roon Nucleus+
McIntosh MX151, MVP881
HRS SXR Signature Audio Stand
Transparent Gen5Ref throughout!

New York

Dan D'Agostino Momentum HD Preamp
Dan D'Agostino Momentum M400 MxV x 2
dCS Rossini Dac
dCS Rossini Clock
Wilson Audio Alexia 2
REL No.25 x 2
Roon Nucleus+
Transparent Gen5Ref throughout!
Old 05-04-2015, 12:20 PM

i started with transparent super, then ultra... and i use a MM reference on critical interconnect, and i got some MM ref speaker cables ($10K).... i also use mid grade AC cables..

all in all i am stoked with transparent, and i especially noticed the jump to MM ref level... wow....

i am at a juncture where i could see switching it over to WW, as i think of long range plans for my system....

i came across a good article where the guy says that no matter which cable company you pick, try to be consistent... in other words, using a hodge podge mix match will result in 'meh' results... cables ought to be consistent across the system in order for the sonic signature to BE there...

if this makes sense, (to me its one of the only things about $40K in cables that does), then this is no small shift....

all in all, i am impressed by the designs of WW, they seem to be well thought out, and simple design geometry to understand... whereas i cannot understand the mystery box on the transparent cables..... what happens in there?????

WW's solid silver conducters, excellent connecters, and helix twisting just make sense..
Old 05-04-2015, 12:29 PM

and i might add that its the solid silver that has me enticed... but not the platinum. i would go gold level....
Old 05-04-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny reddish View Post
i started with transparent super, then ultra... and i use a MM reference on critical interconnect, and i got some MM ref speaker cables ($10K).... i also use mid grade AC cables..

all in all i am stoked with transparent, and i especially noticed the jump to MM ref level... wow....

i am at a juncture where i could see switching it over to WW, as i think of long range plans for my system....

i came across a good article where the guy says that no matter which cable company you pick, try to be consistent... in other words, using a hodge podge mix match will result in 'meh' results... cables ought to be consistent across the system in order for the sonic signature to BE there...

if this makes sense, (to me its one of the only things about $40K in cables that does), then this is no small shift....

all in all, i am impressed by the designs of WW, they seem to be well thought out, and simple design geometry to understand... whereas i cannot understand the mystery box on the transparent cables..... what happens in there?????

WW's solid silver conducters, excellent connecters, and helix twisting just make sense..
I think that good article is right. Stick to one brand (and level) on interconnects and speaker cable. I do think it's ok to mix ac cable from a different brand.

if you're just using mid grade ac cables...I'd say focus on AC next and not swap your Transparent interconnect and speaker cabling. It's very good cabling...

Inside that box they are matching the source to the load and filtering RFI (lowers noise)

I am not here saying Transparent is better or worse than WW. I am saying you have great cabling you'll likely get a bigger bang on better AC...

Hope this helps

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus Gen 5 Interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton/Typhon/DPC-6, Anaconda Zitron cords (x9), Sigma HC (x1)
Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)
Old 05-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
Stick to one brand (and level) on interconnects and speaker cable.