AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wireworld Cables

Wireworld Cables A World Of Difference

Old 02-02-2012, 08:08 AM

Default finally!!!

First of all, it is becoming clearer and clearer to me how awesome is AA. It amazing the amount of trustworthy information you can extract reading the forum here. Being in Brazil, it is infinitely harder to try out something before you by, that is when something like AA makes the difference.

After a lot of research here in AA, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade cables. I went all in silver eclipse for IC and Speaker cables. (Soon power cables as well). Old cables were, Kimber Monocle XL for speakers and Transparent MusicLink Plus Balanced Interconnects (xlr).
As you can see from previous posts I was in doubt if I did SC first and then IC or altogether. After I saw the amount of time switching SC, I decided all in!! In the future with more time I may try A/Bs.

Well you can all imagine that I have build up some expectations before trying them out. These expectations were mainly built up on what I read here in AA. Information here was quite consistent on what to expect.

My set of cables have very little hours on them, to be exact 3. So I will be definitely posting my finding as they get burned in.

I wont be writing anything bombastic here because my first impressions are in line with what most of you have already described. Right away I notice more pronounced mids and highs. For the good!! I hear more detail and I can pin point instruments more easily as if what I had before was a little blurred/fuzzy. To a smaller degree, I found sound stage to be deeper, but I have to do more listening to be sure here. I am happy with what I had instantly, burn in should only improve things.

Now the bottom (bass). I need improvement there. Its like something is holding back the woofers from moving 100% freely. But I believe this has a lot to do with having only 3 hours on them. I don't think is even fair saying anything about any cable with only 3 hours. Now I have to go through that long period of waiting for everything to click in as time goes by.

In one week I should be reaching the 50/70 hour mark. I will post more findings....

Best,

Fabiano
Old 02-02-2012, 09:19 AM

Congrats Fabiano! It's nice to hear that things sound better right out of the box. Everything should gel with more time. I remember when I swapped out my cables it seemed like one day everything just sounded good. Let us know how it goes with burn in.

You're right about AA. Even with living in the states I'm hours away from dealers with quality products. It really helps having a place like AA to read up on products and get valuable info. from.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Quick update. I am already at the 30 hour mark. Upgrade wise, I can tell you that I already reached break even. I already like the Wireworld cables better than the previous ones. So from now till full break in is all up side. Other reviews show that these cables really shine past 100h mark. So I am really excited about this upgrade now.

Everything I hear now is more controlled. Bass is flowing more naturally now. The impression something was holding back the bass is gone. Sound stage continues to improve, getting more detailed as time goes by. The highs are also improving. although I liked what I heard right away, they are getting more musical/pleasant.

At this stage I really doubt the old cables are coming back.

best,

Fabiano.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:36 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Fabiano, I am happy for you. The "doubt" to "relief" to "joy" progression is sometimes frustrating. It seems like it is taking forever. It is worth the wait. My cables opened up to the point that I dropped my usual listening volume from 70 to 64 on my preamp volume. I am not saying the volume changed - just that with the added resolution and presence I could listen at lower volume with greater satisfaction. I really want to know what you think at 100 hours. I predict
Old 02-13-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessman View Post
Fabiano, I am happy for you. The "doubt" to "relief" to "joy" progression is sometimes frustrating. It seems like it is taking forever. It is worth the wait. My cables opened up to the point that I dropped my usual listening volume from 70 to 64 on my preamp volume. I am not saying the volume changed - just that with the added resolution and presence I could listen at lower volume with greater satisfaction. I really want to know what you think at 100 hours. I predict
Hi Chessman, I am sure it will be !!!

This weekend I probably put another 20-25hs on them. It keeps getting better and better!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:57 PM
From the BAT cave ...

Fabiano, time for an update.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 PM

Hi Randy!!!

Sorry for the delay!!

I believe things have stabilized here for now. I lost precise count of hours, but I am sure I have past the 120hr mark on all of the cables.

My rig is now completely cabled with Silver line of Wireworld cable. Individually the cables are already great, but I came to the conclusion that there is a great deal of synergy once you go full Wireworld, which is a plus.

Before going for the upgrade, I didn't really feel I was missing anything in particular, like bass or mid, etc. I considered my setup well balanced but i felt it could be better. And it did get much better.

I think the best part of the upgrade was the gain in resolution while the system remaining very well balanced. Everything is clearer. Soundstage is more defined. Instruments can be more easily pinpointed. There is more air between them.

To a smaller degree, I also think I gained some control over bass as well.

Cable has been always the toughest upgrade for me. The one I ask myself if something really changed. Am I imagining this or not?? It is differente, but is it better?? ..... I am confident this move was the right one. No doubt an upgrade.

PS: one minor thing: the WW Power cords are great for routing them. Quite flexible which makes them easy to manage. At least much better than the furutechs I used to have.

Best,
Old 03-21-2012, 11:18 PM
That's a Deusy !

Nice review Fabiano thanks !
Marantz( UD8004,AV8802a ), Oppo udp 203 JLAudio Fathom F-110, B&W( 802 series III , FCMS8, SCMS8) . WireWorld Eclipse 6 xlr(7) Sliver Eclipse 5.2 HDMI (3) electra 5.2 powercords . HRS Nimbus , lg 55 Oled Nvidia Shield PS Audio PPP

System 2 Panasonic G25 Marantz av8003
Old 03-22-2012, 12:35 AM
From the BAT cave ...

Fabiano, thanks for the report. Really happy that it is working out well for you.