AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > AudioAficionado News > Member System Forum

Member System Forum System Pictures and Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-19-2021, 03:31 PM
Apexorca's Avatar
Apexorca Apexorca is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 747
Default

WOW! Great system! Thanks for sharing.
__________________
It Don't Mean a Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 01-19-2021, 07:43 PM
Native Vermonter Native Vermonter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 137
Default

Just scheduled installation of two dedicated 20 amp lines (have one already); one for each of the amps. The existing one will serve the D’Agostino preamp, and the Denali 6000. Amps will be fed by Shunyata Sigma V2 NR power cables (I will have a pair of 1.2m Stealth Dream V10 (power) cables for sale soon). The Stealth cables are really nice and I’ve really enjoyed them, but I need a longer length to get to the new outlets.

Once the dust settles, the Denali 6000 V2 will carry the Vivaldi digital front end only, all on Stealth power cords (Dream V18 (digital) on the clock, Dream V12 (digital) on the DAC, and Dream V10 (digital) on the upsampler).

I’m still figuring out how an Everest could enter into the equation...that’ll happen eventually most likely.

Last edited by Native Vermonter; 01-19-2021 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Fix typos
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 01-19-2021, 07:48 PM
PHC1 PHC1 is offline
Guest

 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 23,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Vermonter View Post
Just scheduled installation of two dedicated 20 amp lines (have one already); one for each of the amps. The existing one will serve the D’Agostino preamp, and the Denali 6000. Amps will be fed by Shunyata Sigma V2 NR power cables (I will have a pair of 1.2m Stealth Dream V10 (power) cables for sale soon). The Stealth cables are really nice and I’ve really enjoyed them, but I need a longer length to get to the new outlets.

Once the dust settles, the Denali 6000 V2 will carry the Vivaldi digital front end only, all on Stealth power cords (Dream V18 (digital) on the clock, Dream V12 (digital) on the DAC, and Dream V10 (digital) on the upsampler).

I’m still figuring out how an Everest could enter into the equation...that’ll happen eventually most likely.
Ran my D'Agostino Momentums straight to the walls. Each on its own 20 amp dedicated circuit. Let's just say the power conditioners I had on hand, did not improve the sound...
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 01-19-2021, 07:52 PM
Native Vermonter Native Vermonter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAM992 View Post
And I thought I had a lot of guitars... just one Martin OOO-28 and 4 bass guitars, but they're nice.. a Fender Jazz Master Built, a Wal MK1 among them..

Great taste my friend.
Thanks...I am still in the learning stage with guitar...the better ones I buy, the more I play. Something about amortizing the investment...current line up is

Taylor T5 in Koa
Taylor K14 in Koa
Taylor solid body electric in Koa
Martin D42
Johnny A Signature by Epiphone
Emerald X20 6 string in waterfall mahogany
Emerald X20 12 string in waterfall mahogany
Emerald X30 6 string in Koa

Slainte,

Mitch
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 01-19-2021, 07:54 PM
Native Vermonter Native Vermonter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Ran my D'Agostino Momentums straight to the walls. Each on its own 20 amp dedicated circuit. Let's just say the power conditioners I had on hand, did not improve the sound...
That’s what I expect to hear too - D’Agostino recommends direct power from a dedicated 20 amp circuit, and who am I to disbelieve them?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 01-19-2021, 07:57 PM
PHC1 PHC1 is offline
Guest

 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 23,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Vermonter View Post
That’s what I expect to hear too - D’Agostino recommends direct power from a dedicated 20 amp circuit, and who am I to disbelieve them?
I met Dan a few times and inquired one of the times what he recommends. Straight to the wall was his answer. Of course I tried nonetheless. He was right.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 01-20-2021, 09:42 PM
Antonmb's Avatar
Antonmb Antonmb is offline
Senior Member


 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northwest Washington (Mt Baker foothills)
Posts: 7,785
Default

I hear what you guys are saying, but for what it’s worth, I’ve also met Dan and discussed with him, and last fall got a slightly more nuanced answer: it depends. Perhaps it’s because there have been changes in the capabilities of power conditioners or his amps. For what it’s worth, the last time I was there he was running the amps in his shop through Stromtanks. I’ve tried it both ways also, 20a line vs conditioner. With the Denali, in my system at least, it was a tossup. Since going to the Everest, I think it now sounds better through the conditioner. As I mentioned in another thread, there are no absolutes here, I think it really is system, conditioner and power dependent, and perhaps your type of listening.
__________________
Tony
"Have you seen the stars tonight?"
________________________________
Main system: Linn Klimax Katalyst DSM; D’Agostino Momentum S250 & HD pre; Rega RP10 w/Rega Aphelion; Boulder 508; Sonus faber Amati Futura, REL Carbon Special; Shunyata Everest, Alpha & Sigma PC, Alpha IC & SC; UpTone EtherRegen; Quadraspire Sunoko-Vent T, ISOAcoustics Orea & HRS Damping

2nd system: Luxman SQ-N100, Sonus faber Minima Amator II, REL T-5, refurbished AR XA w/Nagaoka MP-200 & VPI cabling, Linn Klimax DSM Renew, Shunyata PS8 w/Defender & Viper, Nordost Blue Heaven PC & IC, Shunyata Venom sc, Symposium Svelte Shelves

Workshop: Vintage Yamaha CA-1010 & CT-1010, PSB Imagine Mini, Squeezebox Touch, Schiit BiFrost, AZ & WW cables

Digital Streaming source: SonicTransporter i7 w/Roon, Synology DS420+, English Electric 8switch

Personal audio: Woo WA22, WA7 & WA8; Auralic Aries Mini, Sonore MicroRendu & UltraRendu; Shure SE535, Shure SH1540, Westone ES50 Custom, Sennheiser HD820, MrSpeakers Aeon Flow C; Various Moon Audio dragons

Video: Sony XBR65X850C; Apple TV-4; Vienna Schönberg L/R, Webern center & surrounds; REL T1, T2, & T3; Arcam AVR850; Cambridge Audio 752BD; MIT-EXP SC
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 01-20-2021, 10:19 PM
PHC1 PHC1 is offline
Guest

 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 23,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonmb View Post
I hear what you guys are saying, but for what it’s worth, I’ve also met Dan and discussed with him, and last fall got a slightly more nuanced answer: it depends. Perhaps it’s because there have been changes in the capabilities of power conditioners or his amps. For what it’s worth, the last time I was there he was running the amps in his shop through Stromtanks. I’ve tried it both ways also, 20a line vs conditioner. With the Denali, in my system at least, it was a tossup. Since going to the Everest, I think it now sounds better through the conditioner. As I mentioned in another thread, there are no absolutes here, I think it really is system, conditioner and power dependent, and perhaps your type of listening.
Tony, in my case, I have played around with so many of them (Not the Everest as this was a while ago) and obviously having paid close attention to it while being at the "peak" and "pinnacle" of my system and custom built room with lots of $$$$ invested.. I was obviously looking for that last ounce of sonic horsepower. Didn't find it with the power conditioners.

Of course YMMV and FWIW, as it applies to my own level of willingness to play the audio game these days, "I think I can hear a difference" from an $8k power conditioner is not something I am willing to entertain personally.

I have a rather modest system which keeps me listening to music all day long and I am more than OK with that. The game has no end and there is always something new coming out that promises to bring profound and game changing performance. One can count on that with ANY hobby.

But if the Everest has brought the most profound difference in their system, as some claim, then I do wish everyone with an Everest countless hours of sonic bliss. I have no skin in this game.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-21-2021, 12:52 AM
Antonmb's Avatar
Antonmb Antonmb is offline
Senior Member


 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Northwest Washington (Mt Baker foothills)
Posts: 7,785
Default Closing in on done

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Tony, in my case, I have played around with so many of them (Not the Everest as this was a while ago) and obviously having paid close attention to it while being at the "peak" and "pinnacle" of my system and custom built room with lots of $$$$ invested.. I was obviously looking for that last ounce of sonic horsepower. Didn't find it with the power conditioners.



Of course YMMV and FWIW, as it applies to my own level of willingness to play the audio game these days, "I think I can hear a difference" from an $8k power conditioner is not something I am willing to entertain personally.



I have a rather modest system which keeps me listening to music all day long and I am more than OK with that. The game has no end and there is always something new coming out that promises to bring profound and game changing performance. One can count on that with ANY hobby.



But if the Everest has brought the most profound difference in their system, as some claim, then I do wish everyone with an Everest countless hours of sonic bliss. I have no skin in this game.


Serge, certainly a healthy approach if you can no longer hear the difference or it’s not worth it to you. By the way, “profound” would not be my choice of words. I experienced a positive difference which was worth the investment, but not “profound.”

Probably best to let Mitch’s thread get back on track, my apologies for derailing it a bit. Be glad to continue the dialog with you offline via pm.
__________________
Tony
"Have you seen the stars tonight?"
________________________________
Main system: Linn Klimax Katalyst DSM; D’Agostino Momentum S250 & HD pre; Rega RP10 w/Rega Aphelion; Boulder 508; Sonus faber Amati Futura, REL Carbon Special; Shunyata Everest, Alpha & Sigma PC, Alpha IC & SC; UpTone EtherRegen; Quadraspire Sunoko-Vent T, ISOAcoustics Orea & HRS Damping

2nd system: Luxman SQ-N100, Sonus faber Minima Amator II, REL T-5, refurbished AR XA w/Nagaoka MP-200 & VPI cabling, Linn Klimax DSM Renew, Shunyata PS8 w/Defender & Viper, Nordost Blue Heaven PC & IC, Shunyata Venom sc, Symposium Svelte Shelves

Workshop: Vintage Yamaha CA-1010 & CT-1010, PSB Imagine Mini, Squeezebox Touch, Schiit BiFrost, AZ & WW cables

Digital Streaming source: SonicTransporter i7 w/Roon, Synology DS420+, English Electric 8switch

Personal audio: Woo WA22, WA7 & WA8; Auralic Aries Mini, Sonore MicroRendu & UltraRendu; Shure SE535, Shure SH1540, Westone ES50 Custom, Sennheiser HD820, MrSpeakers Aeon Flow C; Various Moon Audio dragons

Video: Sony XBR65X850C; Apple TV-4; Vienna Schönberg L/R, Webern center & surrounds; REL T1, T2, & T3; Arcam AVR850; Cambridge Audio 752BD; MIT-EXP SC

Last edited by Antonmb; 01-21-2021 at 12:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-21-2021, 04:13 AM
audiohippo's Avatar
audiohippo audiohippo is offline
Member

 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 917
Default

Wow! Congratulations on putting together a SOTA system. I bet it sounds awesome.
__________________
Wilson Audio Alexia + Mezzo | Dan D'Agostino Momentum PRE & S250 | Esoteric P02x & D02x | Torus AVR2-16 | Marantz AV8805 | Panasonic UB9000 | Bryston 7B3 & 9BSST2 | ScreenTechnics 125" 2.37 Screen | JVC X7900 | Krix A20 (4) | JL Audio F113 (2)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Audioaficionado.org tested by Norton Internet Security

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©Copyright 2009-2021 AudioAficionado.org.Privately owned, All Rights Reserved.
Audio Aficionado Sponsors
AudioAficionado Subscriber
AudioAficionado Subscriber
Inspire By Dennis Had
Inspire By Dennis Had
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Harmonic Resolution Systems
Wyred4Sound
Wyred4Sound
Dragonfire Acoustics
Dragonfire Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
GIK Acoustics
Esoteric
Esoteric
AC Infinity
AC Infinity
JL Audio
JL Audio
Add Powr
Add Powr
Legend Audio & Video
Legend Audio & Video
Audio by E
Audio by E
Canton
Canton
Bryston
Bryston
WireWorld Cables
WireWorld Cables
Stillpoints
Stillpoints
Bricasti Design
Bricasti Design
Furutech
Furutech
Shunyata Research
Shunyata Research
Accuphase
Accuphase