AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 11-06-2013, 02:04 AM

Currently my Cyclops are offline waiting for their new Anaconda friends. In the meantime, they are powering fans!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:08 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPal View Post
Currently my Cyclops are offline waiting for their new Anaconda friends. In the meantime, they are powering fans!
There ya go....

Let us know your impressions.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-06-2013, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
There ya go....

Let us know your impressions.
Stephen...I finally got snaked in!
Old 11-06-2013, 02:28 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Stephen...I finally got snaked in!
Very tough not to, especially as you discover the benefits of adding more to the entire system.

The overall improvement that I notice is that Shunyata products impart a naturalness of presentation and "listening ease" that is simply not there without them.

I liken it to putting a good (e.g. Ohlins) shock on a sport bike. People would ask, "What does the bike do with your shock?". And I would answer, "It's not what the bike does with the shock, it's what it doesn't do that's important."

It's the same with Shunyata products.

I even put a Venom3 on my über-trick NEC PA241W color managed, pro digital photography computer display, the one I use for color critical work in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom because it improved the video performance.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Congrats! I think this is the right move.
Old 11-06-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopersark View Post
I can only imagine your excitement and anticipation! What's more, even after you wire everything up, you will notice even more improvement over the following three to four weeks as things settle in and get even sweeter and more natural sounding. I see a sleepless weekend ahead for you! Enjoy!
Best,
Rob
Thanks for the encouraging works. Indeed, the cables "dropped" last night. I mean they fell into place. I've been burning in just the Hydra AV, the Alpha and a Cobra -- that's all I have right now -- and they just dropped. Everything snapped into focus in one resolute blossom.

I put on a classical recording this morning that I had previous thought was just okay and I believe it is the best thing I have ever heard in my life! So I can not really imagine where we go from here. Thanks for the encouragement. But I feel like I'm already where I wanted to be.

Last edited by MisterBritt; 11-06-2013 at 05:01 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopersark View Post
I can only imagine your excitement and anticipation! What's more, even after you wire everything up, you will notice even more improvement over the following three to four weeks as things settle in and get even sweeter and more natural sounding. I see a sleepless weekend ahead for you! Enjoy! Best, Rob
Congratulations, Britt!

I could not agree more with Rob! When it comes to Zitrons, the improvements get sweeter by the week. Maybe it's just that the thrill of having new toys, but I'm finding this sweetening is even more pronounced with the Alpha digital cords. If there is any justice, someone should give them a Component of the Year award. The bang for buck is just unparalleled IMHO.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:01 AM

I use rice cooker, in warm mode 24/7. Not sure there is thermostat or not, or it might keep running in low power.
And during cook, load increased to 300-500 watt.
Toga
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-313165297.jpg (50.4 KB, 46 views)
Old 11-07-2013, 03:10 AM

When I got my Triton I let it, and the ZPython burn in overnight with three fans on it. Other than that I have just installed whatever I purchased and let it burn in on the gear it was purchased for. I have always felt there was an obvious improvement right from the very first time it was used, and never felt bad about not jumping through some burn-in hoop.

The 'use it from the start' includes a Hydra AV, a Cyclops, two ZAnacondas, six ZCobras, two ZPytons, one ZAlpha, and a two port Talos. Love it all.
Old 11-07-2013, 03:50 AM

Love the rice cooker, TOGA. Yeah, the first couple days they sounded intoxicated -- not intoxicating to me. They've taken a spill for the worse tonight. Ha. But they're back on the fan overnight. Actually, I stand corrected. I'm only using running the fan on the one cord that sits on the wall, plus the Hydra AV has the fan plugged into it. So tonight I put the Alpha rather than the Cobra between the wall and the Hydra. I should have those adaptor plugs before too long and then I can cook up everything I have. No rice, though.