AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Esoteric Audio

Esoteric Audio World Class cost no object Electronics

Old 02-16-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelii08 View Post
Yes, I use the esoteric D6100 as well. Also for DAC and Transport the D6300. They are expensive, a lot..., but the 6300 were the best by far to all I have listened for that connection. After all they were designed with them for the listening fine tune and internal cables are the same. i guess that shows.

Regarding the outputs, yes I know. Seems strange. Could be a thing of breaking in and since the unit still evolving I hear diferent things. But as of now, there is for sure a diference. Conecting to A1 and B1 (and turning off B2 and A2) seems to be better so far. Gives a more defined, 3d and realistic sounstage. It is quite something. I have done more hours like this, so not sure if that can be the reason, or if it just is better that way.

I guess you may have to do some hours (how many?) when you change since your B1 output and the whole B output system has never been used and may need break in.

I also find that turning off all the unused outputs makes a diference very much in the same direction as described before.

Looking forward to hear your findings.

Best
Eli
Eli,

I won't be home for another 2 or 3 months, but I look forward to trying different configurations.

Bob

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:49 PM

Well, it's half the price of the Vivaldi. I am listening to my K-03 right now it's really great. I am burning in a K-01 that Ivan sold me. I wonder how much better the D-02 can sound?

Last edited by Car commander; 02-16-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car commander View Post
Well, it's half the price of the Vivaldi. I am listening to my K-03 right now it's really great. I am burning in a K-01 that Ivan sold me. I wonder how much better the D-02 can sound?
Only one way to find out
Old 02-16-2013, 06:00 PM

My next project will be a preamp. Or selling my K-03.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Anderson View Post
Eli,

I won't be home for another 2 or 3 months, but I look forward to trying different configurations.

Bob
Wow that is along trip. I won't hold my breath then til your reply :-) hope to hear from you when you are back anyway.
Old 02-16-2013, 07:54 PM

Try it out if you can in your own system. You ca n decide that way for sure if the dif is worth it.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelii08 View Post
Wow that is along trip. I won't hold my breath then til your reply :-) hope to hear from you when you are back anyway.
I work on a ship most of the year. On the boat I have an Esoteric DV 60 as one of my sources. I look forward to swapping Esoteric notes, even if there are delays. I would love to hear the 02 series. I also see that a new clock will be released soon.

Home Main System:
Magnepan 20.7, Pass Labs XA 100.5, Audio Research Reference 6, Esoteric P-03, D-03, G0-Rb, DV-60, Clearaudio Innovation & Tangent arm, VPI HW19 MK4 & ET 2.5 arm, Mark Levinson 37, Aesthetix Rhea Signature, Magnum Dynalab Etude, Kiseki PHS, Sumiko Palos Santos Presentation,Wireworld, Crystal Absolute Dream, Shunyata, Acoustic Zen, and Stealth cables

Other
Avalon Arcus, Snell Type AIII, Tympani IV, Green Mountain Europa, Martin Logan CLS, Tympani 1D, Counterpoint, GAS, Yamaha, Levinson, Perreaux, Proceed, Theta, Linn, and other collectibles, including 60 different headphones and 30+ headphone amps, over 60 cartridges, and too many cables, stands, and tweaks to list.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 PM

Ok now I understand your picture. Once you are back let me know your findings.

Yes the new model of clock is the one I got. But tried the 02 with the old model to decide if I wanted to buy the clock or not. With the old model the improvement was clear as well.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:06 PM

Oh boy, had not actually read the review till now. Don't get me wrong on what I am going to say. I own the combo myself and could not be more happy. They are byna good margin the best digital I have ever heard.

But the review is very poor in a number of things. Saying the P03 D03 was short of musicality and too detailed is proving this person has no idea how they sounded and their nature and sound print. If anything the 03s were just a bit too musical and felt short of detail by comparation. Fantastic lovely combo for tube like sound lovers.

Second he mentions he did all listening of CD and SACDs at 48/176 and how much better that sounds. While I am not going to give my opinion on which I like better one thing is for sure: SACD can not be converted and only played in DSD... As per manual page 12 "SACD DSD signals cannot be upconverted"......

Nor is there in the set up menu anything close to that posibility and the screen actually show DSS always. So is clear he is making, at least, this up. Or just placed the disc, toucjed few thing and did not take the time to understand what he was doing, let alone read the manual.

Lastly, saying the 02s dont benefit from an external clock... You have to have serious hearing problems or not listen at all. i could buy it if he said he did not notice the effect of the clock in any player. Can happen if system is not too resolving I guess. But if the dif was great to him in the K01 , he has the resolving power to tell. There is no way one can not notice the difference of the clock on a 02. Is very very evident.

So for me the whole thing is very worthless. Regardless or not the fact that I too think the 02s are fantastic. But I guess anyone could write that knowing is a top of the range esoteric and get away with it without even turning the unit on... My advise to any esoteric owner with a model like the ones he mention, dont even get close to consider taking any action (upgrading, changing cords, feet ect) for what ismwriten there. Look for other sources. If you can your own...
Old 02-21-2013, 06:24 PM

I like the idea of the D-02/P-02 pairing but they would have to be significantly better than the D03/P03 pairing for me to consider them.