AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > PMC Speakers

PMC Speakers UK's Finest

Old 04-30-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Since I purchased my PMC EB1i's last year, I have posted many words to their glory. It has been satisfying for me to see many others joining the PMC owners group. I like to believe it was my satisfaction with mine, and my encouragement to audition the PMC line that has raised the PMC product recognition level. There have been five members who have purchased PMC since I purchased mine, and several more members considering PMC for their systems. I am pleased to see the excitement level grow for PMC speakers. In my opinion, they are serious performers, and represent an excellent value to performace ratio. My EB1i's can stand with the $20K boys all day, and kick butt doing it, in my humble opinion

Dan,
You are SO RIGHT ! That's why you were named PRESIDENT !
Your reviews, along with comments from Mike at AC, made me take an appointment to listen to them, and as you know, I bought them after half an hour.
I would say they kick the butt to many more expensive speakers, but I will not mention any brand, cause I could hurt my friends and readers here.
I learned what diplomacy is all about !
But I must say Wilson WP8 are not so "bad" as I thought; I listened to them last week with a good set-up and properly positionned, and they sounded brilliant. A different kind of reproduction compared to PMC, but very GOOD also.

Cheers,
Jérôme

PS : you know I will buy a C1000P also. I just don't know exactly when....
You are inspiring more than Ivan for me. Ivan lives just in an other planet....
Old 04-30-2009, 06:27 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by C220MC275 View Post
PS : You are inspiring more than Ivan for me. Ivan lives just in an other planet....
Jérôme.......Tell me about it. Florida is just the launch site. This is where Ivan actually lives.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 04-30-2009, 06:34 PM

It's good to see that you guys are carrying the torch for us. Everyone at PMC sincerely appreciates your accolades, and that they were earned with honest performance just makes them all the more sweeter...

We will be getting some reviews in America here in the near future, so hopefully that with RMAF and a Big Guns Tour we can see some real brand awareness develop.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian@pmc View Post
It's good to see that you guys are carrying the torch for us. Everyone at PMC sincerely appreciates your accolades, and that they were earned with honest performance just makes them all the more sweeter...

We will be getting some reviews in America here in the near future, so hopefully that with RMAF and a Big Guns Tour we can see some real brand awareness develop.
You should get some re-prints out of the Hi Fi Plus review in issue #63. They do some of the best reviews out there and really like the improvements in the OB1i.

Jim
Old 04-30-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
My EB1i's can stand with the $20K boys all day, and kick butt doing it, in my humble opinion
Dan, I am delighted with my new PMC OB1i speakers. I am enjoying music now more than ever before and believe they are worth the < $5k I paid for them. However, to me, neither PMC or any other speaker is worth $10-12k and certainly not +/- $20k. But I don't fault anyone else for thinking otherwise if it makes them happy.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
Dan, I am delighted with my new PMC OB1i speakers. I am enjoying music now more than ever before and believe they are worth the < $5k I paid for them. However, to me, neither PMC or any other speaker is worth $10-12k and certainly not +/- $20k. But I don't fault anyone else for thinking otherwise if it makes them happy.
My friend. Be happy you do have very fine speakers. But to say that no speaker is worth over $12k is hyperbole.

Jim
Old 04-30-2009, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Now there is something you don't hear everyday on audio forums.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Now there is something you don't hear everyday on audio forums.
At least not on this one.

If he was talking about cables or interconnects, no one would challenge his right to that position.
Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Jérôme.......Tell me about it. Florida is just the launch site. This is where Ivan actually lives.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:19 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
BuffaloBill.......Value and price are as relative and subjective as art or sound. It's all in the ear of the listener, and what an individual deems is a fair price to achieve the desired results.

I am very pleased you chose PMC, and are enjoying them so much. In my opinion, PMC represents an awesome price to performance balance in the highly competitive audio market place. I couldn't be happier with mine.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A