AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 12-29-2013, 06:42 PM

Googling some of the model numbers (bottom right) gives some interesting links, for example, or as helpfully translated by Google Translate:

Danji General History (seven) Author: Qin Xia

Back to introduce today is still a vacuum tube equipment manufacturers in Japan, including SHINDO LAB and UESUGI two relatively small size, there is no recognition of foreign manufacturers. Their names, products, many Hong Kong fans also do not hear, but in Japan, fever circles, their products have a certain reputation, a group of no less a sizable crowd of visitors.
SHINDO LABORATORY Shindo Laboratory 1974:?? Shindo social studies beginning tube amplifier design, production and sale of RA1474-shaped front lamps for their first-class finished, they began to Western Electric vacuum tube model line studies.
1977: Shindo Laboratory Co., Ltd. established.
1978: Development RA124D tube mono amplifier, before the sale RA1474 bile level.
1980: Offer A124B mono gall amplifier output 28W, output cattle out of the United States TRIAD products.
1981: Launch of RA186 gall amplifier for mono form, output 25W, Western Electric 300B tubes, TRIAD transformer.
1982: After the sale MA288S bile mono class, RA324 and RA252 gall mono amplifier also debut.
1983: Launch of the four types of mono stage: RA42 type output 10W, using Western Electric double triode 42; 64B Output 10W, with 6.3V tube 6B4G 2A3's; RA342II output of 20W, with EL34 tubes; RA349 Output 10W, with Western Electric 349A tube.
1983: Offering 300B single-ended stage, output 8W, with Western Electric 300B tube; launched before RA1561 guts level, with the built-in MC phono stage.
1984: 101 and 77 MC phono-type booster market.
1985: the year breath launched several new machines, namely ALLEGRO 604S preamp bile, gall bladder before RA1474II grade level after gall GRAZIOSO EL34 output 10W, mono bile after CONCERTO stage, output 8W, with Siemens Ezd triode The push-pull Class A operation, the former 77-type gall level after level 25 type mono output 25W, finally CANTABILE gall mono stage, output 22W, with EL34 tubes.
1986: Offer F20V SIMHONIA mono gall amplifier output CCASSA 40W, with Siemens F20V vacuum. 7A launched bile amplifier. Shindo Laboratory is a small-scale audio equipment manufacturers, and the characteristics of its rich Typical products supplied to only a handful of users and appreciate the high demand for their products with fever who, due to the production of so little are working slowly fine goods equipment, the price is not cheap. It is characterized by the circuit manufacturers to improve the vacuum tube audio equipment history, modern science and technology to the synthesis of crystalline product. They not only attach importance to the traditional concepts and practices, also with the progress of today's technology, continue to abandon outdated concept, so founded by 1974, has twenty years still standing in the audio industry.
Old 12-30-2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd View Post
... some of the model numbers (bottom right)
... and all listed models available as kits!
Old 12-31-2013, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd View Post
... and all listed models available as kits!
Hi Tony, yes that was the main reason I went to the trouble of scanning it. There are a few references to the Model 77, Claret, etc online being available in kit form at some point, but not the 300B single and other higher models in the lineup. It does at least explain the large variation in build quality of these models when they come up for sale. Anyway, I'm glad to know that at least one person on here found it interesting. Happy NY
Old 01-02-2014, 09:53 AM

Because he sells directly from manufacturer in japan, prices have been noticeably cheaper than in foreign countries. Interesting how low they already were for customers.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:01 PM

No, the prices are "low" because its a price list from around 1983 or so. 31 years ago. This was taken from an auction of a totally rebuilt early 300B Single amp from Fukushima.... Not one part or wire was original except the transformers and sockets.

Jonathan
Old 01-07-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyljh View Post
This was taken from an auction of a totally rebuilt early 300B Single amp from Fukushima....
Actually, no it was not....

和59年11月 = Nov 1984

Last edited by omodo; 01-08-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:35 AM

I'll have a look in my archives

[quote=riesling;538735]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ile_D_ARZ View Post

I could only find the photos of the interior of my old 349A amps..

Hi,
I dig out this once well visited thread in the hope of an answer by Ile d'Arz.
I was wondering how this amplifier could work as one of the 349A tubes apparently seems to be not connected !!
Chère île, n'auriez vous pas d'autres photos de l'intérieur de cet ampli à partager?

riesling
Old 02-26-2014, 08:58 PM

Hello!
which the better sounding pre 77 ?

Old 02-27-2014, 11:12 AM

Its unlikely all of those have been serviced, the best sounding one would be the one that was serviced by Shindo assuming it was not a kit version. At least one of those is a kit, for sure. Kits rarely sound that great which is why they were discontinued years ago. Shindo found the quality of the soldering and build quality of many of the kits caused them to simply not perform as designed. He no longer wanted his name attached to them. These are all around 30 years old and its unlikely any of them sound like they once did. Aging solder, aging parts and in the case of these early pieces, the jacks are very hard to service and are rarely making good contact due to wear and oxidation. Do you own all three or is this just a mental exercise?

Jonathan
Old 02-27-2014, 11:46 AM

I'm took the audition this version with 845 power amp
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

Number 1 with Triad output trans I can buy also.