AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shindo Laboratory

Shindo Laboratory Sound Create Producer

Old 02-28-2015, 02:25 AM

Default Is Esoteric a good match for Shindo?

Dear friends, the time has come to replace my Wadia CD player. Set my sight on an Esoteric K03. Tried searching for reviews or comments on how the K03 matches with Shindo but not much luck.

Any chance any of you had a listen before and can comment? I will be using the K03 with a Shindo VR, Shindo 300b limited monos and Feastrex NF5EX speakers. ICs are Shindos silver with A23 speaker cables.

Mainly listen to vocals, jazz and very occasional classical. Will really appreciate any valuable comments. Home audition is not possible. Thanks.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teojjsg View Post
Dear friends, the time has come to replace my Wadia CD player. Set my sight on an Esoteric K03. Tried searching for reviews or comments on how the K03 matches with Shindo but not much luck. Any chance any of you had a listen before and can comment? I will be using the K03 with a Shindo VR, Shindo 300b limited monos and Feastrex NF5EX speakers. ICs are Shindos silver with A23 speaker cables. Mainly listen to vocals, jazz and very occasional classical. Will really appreciate any valuable comments. Home audition is not possible. Thanks.
No idea but sounds like you have a great system. I bet vinyl sounds fantastic.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:07 PM

I also have no idea, but I can't imagine any issues. Esoteric should sound great with anything.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:56 AM

First, I'm pretty familiar w/ both Shindo & Esoteric…. which imho are very opposite (I used the UX-1 w/ a very high-end Shindo set-up)-

As you know, there is no Shindo digital, except the horrible Arome transformer, which dulls all digital to death..

That said, I believe the 'right' approach may be a NOS (non over sampling) DAC…

Also, I HIGHLY recommend switching your fantastic (I had it) A23 speaker cables for Shindo Silver ! Obviously a big difference in price, however w/ your amps & pre, come on.. not on the same planet !

Trust me, you will thank me !

Also, not sure about your 'speakers'… aren't those drivers ?

Hope this helps-

David
Old 03-01-2015, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wino View Post
First, I'm pretty familiar w/ both Shindo & Esoteric…. which imho are very opposite (I used the UX-1 w/ a very high-end Shindo set-up)-

As you know, there is no Shindo digital, except the horrible Arome transformer, which dulls all digital to death..

That said, I believe the 'right' approach may be a NOS (non over sampling) DAC…

Also, I HIGHLY recommend switching your fantastic (I had it) A23 speaker cables for Shindo Silver ! Obviously a big difference in price, however w/ your amps & pre, come on.. not on the same planet !

Trust me, you will thank me !

Also, not sure about your 'speakers'… aren't those drivers ?

Hope this helps-

David
Interesting, I thought I have heard Jonathan say he prefers A23 (which I have) to shindo speaker cables. Shindo ICs are great. I have a Masseto and I am looking to Esoteric for my growing digital library. I also thought the K01-3 can be used without any oversampling. I have the oppo 105, which i love for movies, but it does not do the trick for 2 channel for me...
Old 03-01-2015, 02:24 AM

Vinyl is great but i also want a digital front end for lazy days. I really wonder why so few Shindo owners actually pair with Esoteric. Also, the Feastrex drivers are in custom boxes. Will give the Shindo silver speaker cables some thoughts. Can you kindly advise what's the big jump in SQ for Shindo speaker cables compared to A23?
Old 03-01-2015, 02:51 AM

I highly doubt any Esoteric has ever been designed NOS-

The difference is as you might expect on the A23 vs the Shindo Silver speaker cables… HUGE… just like the price difference… again, sorry to be rude.. the A23 cables are great.. in their price point-
Old 03-01-2015, 03:48 AM

You are making me think real hard. Hahaha.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wino View Post
I highly doubt any Esoteric has ever been designed NOS- The difference is as you might expect on the A23 vs the Shindo Silver speaker cables… HUGE… just like the price difference… again, sorry to be rude.. the A23 cables are great.. in their price point-
I actually think that depending on the system and music taste the A23 speaker cables are often the preferred choice over Shindo speaker cables. Some systems and music styles suit copper speaker cables over silver cables.

Each to his own. Nice to have choices.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:21 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by teojjsg View Post
Dear friends, the time has come to replace my Wadia CD player. Set my sight on an Esoteric K03. Tried searching for reviews or comments on how the K03 matches with Shindo but not much luck.

Any chance any of you had a listen before and can comment? I will be using the K03 with a Shindo VR, Shindo 300b limited monos and Feastrex NF5EX speakers. ICs are Shindos silver with A23 speaker cables.

Mainly listen to vocals, jazz and very occasional classical. Will really appreciate any valuable comments. Home audition is not possible. Thanks.
teojjsg.......Getting back to your original thread topic, I think an Esoteric K-03 SACD/CD/DAC would be a fine choice for your system. I have two, one each in different systems and they are fabulous performers. Over sampling can be turned on or off on the K-03 so you can decide for yourself if that feature is something you might want to take advantage of using. Shindo's reputation clearly indicates the gear reproduces true to the source. As a digital source, the K-03 is as analog as I have ever experienced in any of my sytems and I have had many top shelf digital sources over the years. I feel confident that the Esoteric K-03 will thrill you.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A