AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Vivid Audio

Vivid Audio Auditory Acuity

Old 08-24-2015, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Your issue is with the dealer you purchased the speakers from. It's too difficult for us to determine the source of the paint issues from photos. The other issues look like wear and tear from sitting in a dealers showroom. If you knew you we're purchasing used or demo speakers you could expect "some" minor issues. Tell the dealer you want to return them. It's his issue unless you were given a great desl
yes, if i could i would return them and get new one, but there is no other Vivid G2 with same color.
and liked this color..

just want to replace my tweeter dent now.. i just gave up with others.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Looks like you bought used speakers. Your business relationship is with the original dealer. Most of the damage I see in the pictures was probably not caused by shipping from the factory.

yes, it doesn't look like shipping problem, it was packed like perfect.

what i was asking to Vivid if the former dealer is not want to return and never want to take this issues, Vivid need to help me with this?

don't you think so?

Last edited by bratt; 08-24-2015 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrech View Post
You don't have a issue with Vivid, you likely got taken by a former unscrupulous dealer selling you used speakers. Did you not inspect the speakers and try and return upon delivery?

I am not sure why you're blaming Vivid. Imagine buying a used car...it has dings and issues. Then calling the car manufacturer and wanting it to look like new.

Speakers: Rockport Altair 2
Preamp: Robert Koda K10 Amp: Ayre MX-R
Cables: Transparent Opus MM2 Spkr, Opus Gen 5 & Magnum Opus Interconnect
Power Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon/DPC-6 v2, Anaconda Zitron cords (x7), Sigma HC (x1), Sigma Analog (x2)
Digital dCS Vivaldi DAC, Transport & Clock w/ Transparent Reference XL Digital cables
Phono: Grand Prix Monaco TT, Spiral Groove Centroid, Jan Allaerts MC2 Finish & Lyra Atlas, Nagra VPS/VFS/MPS
Racks: Grand Prix Audio Silverstone F1 (x2)

hi
Thank you for your reply.

reason that i was contacting to Vivid, because i dont think this is used.
and it was packed 2014/12/..
and shipping would be few month.

many of problems are under the clear coat, and just bad quality of polishing finishes as you can see, i am blaming Vivid, just want to know what is there quality? ofcouse they will say this is not there quality but that is not all they should say i would wanted Vivid advice me what to do..

and i was ask everything to Vivid and Vivid is not contact me back..
this is why i was feel bad.

and gave me contact person of new dealer at the first of email conversation, but New dealer ask me to pay $3000USD for check the problems and they ask me to pay $3000 for replacement if there is an issues, and they will charge me shipping cost of $3000USD if this need to be return to Vivid in South Africa.
which is not good action from Vivid.
and Vivid did not say this is used or displayed, and also former dealer keep says this is unpacked one.

I just wanted Vivid contact me and help me out what to do, and sell me some tweeter replacement, and provide me After service.
This is all i want now.

Last edited by bratt; 08-24-2015 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
The first photo you posted, final inspection report is 8 months old. These are most likely used speakers; I would return them!
it was packed 7 or 8month before, but as you know there will be few month of shipping.. and i dont think this is used.. for couple of month..

all bad painting quality is on both but scratches are on only on of the speaker.
many bad painting issues are under the clear coat.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:11 AM

Interesting thread here.

Vivid speakers are one of the most musical and involving speakers around and the designer Laurence Dickie is a genial chap and all round good egg.

Recently a good friend has mentioned that his audiophile friend had purchased a great new pair of speakers but looked very weird.

The story unfolded this chap had bought a pair of G3 in white pearlescent which looked very resplendent back in early September.

The story transpires that after a couple of weeks one of the bass drivers starting making a strange noise, he contacts his supplying dealer who 'suggests' he takes the driver out and check it over for himself!!!!!!

After a 'discussion' with said dealer who eventually relented and sent out a representative to investigate said noise.

Chap arrives, proceeds to lay the speaker down on the floor (with speaker cables still attached!!!) removes the offending driver, inspects, then proceeds to use a form of blu-tact to seal up part of the surrounding gasket. Re installs the drivers, checks to see if noise is still present. leaves owner.

A couple more weeks pass and more noises this time from other speaker and the tweeter this time.

Again contacts dealers, who 'suggests' he take the driver out and check it himself!!!

Owners actually does this and finds surrounding gasket not sealing against back of driver as the cabinet surround is not shall we say finished in accordance to design specifications, also after extracting driver finds paint over spray everywhere plus on the speaker terminals!!

More dealer calls, said dealer customer service is not what you would expect with a $38000 pair of speakers!.

dealer will look into this and owner is assured, the following week a mid range driver lets go in the original problem speaker.

Owner is incredibly diplomatic and dealer then asks 'take the driver out and let me know what you find'!!!

So owner takes our driver to find voice coil very uneven (no smooth movement) and driver cone catching on voice coil causing a rough driver travel.

Also noticing that the speaker terminals were completely sprayed matching colour and then the connections pushed on after drying had occurred!

The owner has since been offered a replacement pair which will take 12 weeks to deliver, at this point the dealer still not offering a replacement loan pair to the owner while he would be waiting for his 'new replacements' to arrive.

Only with the intervention of the designer was a replacement mid bass driver replacement sent out (which the owner fitted still!)

Not sure what sort of service AA members expect, however personally I would expect service befitting of the price.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Life is beautiful

That is a sad story, and tells a lot about the dealer.
He really took this lightly to put it really mildly.
Vivid replaces the bad speakers, and that's OK, but he should have taken more care of his customer, and now leave a pair of (very) decent replacement speakers.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables
Old 10-27-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmusic69 View Post

Not sure what sort of service AA members expect, however personally I would expect service befitting of the price.

Any thoughts?
Definitely.

Ideally, the dealer should have sent the speakers back to the local distributor / importer for replacement, but at the very least Vivid should have organised an authorized Vivid service tech to attend. I would be very concerned that the repairs haven't brought the speakers back to the original performance or long term reliability.

The whole saga also raises big question marks over Vivid's manufacturing processes and quality control systems.

Last edited by Art Vandelay; 10-28-2015 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
The whole sage also raises big question marks over Vivid's manufacturing processes and quality control systems.
+1. i.m.o.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bart View Post
That is a sad story, and tells a lot about the dealer.
He really took this lightly to put it really mildly.
Vivid replaces the bad speakers, and that's OK, but he should have taken more care of his customer, and now leave a pair of (very) decent replacement speakers.
Hello Bart

I would have thought this was the very least they could do as well.

There is one small part I did forget to mention, when the speakers were delivered, they were not at the specified time, dealer turned up, speakers did not. The delivery agents a third part company's driver had run out of driving time and had to return to the depot.

The next day they arrived, the owner had to return from work, they delivery agent unloaded them on the side of the road and left, no dealer!

Owner then moved the speakers himself, bearing in mind that the G3's are packaged in large wooden creates up a steep flight of stairs solo and set the speakers up himself.

When I first listened to the saga I just shook my head in disbelief.

Things happen, we are human and it can go wrong, the crux of the matter is how well the professionals deal with the situation in this case, not particularity well.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:01 AM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetmusic69 View Post
Hello Bart

I would have thought this was the very least they could do as well.

There is one small part I did forget to mention, when the speakers were delivered, they were not at the specified time, dealer turned up, speakers did not. The delivery agents a third part company's driver had run out of driving time and had to return to the depot.

The next day they arrived, the owner had to return from work, they delivery agent unloaded them on the side of the road and left, no dealer!

Owner then moved the speakers himself, bearing in mind that the G3's are packaged in large wooden creates up a steep flight of stairs solo and set the speakers up himself.

When I first listened to the saga I just shook my head in disbelief.

Things happen, we are human and it can go wrong, the crux of the matter is how well the professionals deal with the situation in this case, not particularity well.
+1.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables