Old 10-16-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCC View Post
Kamsa Hamnida!!!

Terima Kaseh !!!
Your welcome.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 AM

Serge,

As an fyi, there is a new audio web site (The Audio Beat) that was just launched by Marc Mickelson (former editor of Soundstage.com) and Paul Bolin (used to be with Stereophile) and they will be doing a complete review on the Sashas. Here is a link:
TAB: The Audio Beat - Insightful reviews for audiophiles and music lovers
Old 10-16-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Serge,

As an fyi, there is a new audio web site (The Audio Beat) that was just launched by Marc Mickelson (former editor of Soundstage.com) and Paul Bolin (used to be with Stereophile) and they will be doing a complete review on the Sashas. Here is a link:
TAB: The Audio Beat - Insightful reviews for audiophiles and music lovers
Thanks for the heads up, I was not aware of that site. It will be an interesting read since it sounds like they will review the Sasha with a pair of Paul Bolin's Lamm M1.2s a combination I've spent some time with in my own system.

Last edited by PHC1; 10-16-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:39 AM

Absolutely. I am intrigued by the Wilson speakers after reading your experience with both the Sophia 2s and the Sashas. I had an opportunity to audition the Sophia 2s earlier this year but it was with equipment I was not familiar with and the setup may have not been optimal, but back then I found them to be a bit sterile. They did a lot of things well but they just did not draw me into the music. Everything I have read though is that Wilson's in general mate well with ARC gear and so I should give them another listen. I have been eyeing the Rockport Miras for over a year now (which are in the same price point as the Sophias) and those are phenomenal speakers but I should certainly give the Sophias another listen.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:10 PM

What the Sasha and other Wilson speakers get right that many other speakers don't is dynamic reproduction. This can be addicting.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmalak View Post
Absolutely. I am intrigued by the Wilson speakers after reading your experience with both the Sophia 2s and the Sashas. I had an opportunity to audition the Sophia 2s earlier this year but it was with equipment I was not familiar with and the setup may have not been optimal, but back then I found them to be a bit sterile. They did a lot of things well but they just did not draw me into the music. Everything I have read though is that Wilson's in general mate well with ARC gear and so I should give them another listen. I have been eyeing the Rockport Miras for over a year now (which are in the same price point as the Sophias) and those are phenomenal speakers but I should certainly give the Sophias another listen.
Have not heard the Wilson/ARC combination but have owned plenty of ARC gear before. It would depend which ARC gear you'd be using. Yes, the Sophia II can and do sound a bit sterile when paired up with leaner sounding gear as can many other Wilson speakers. If you can find the now long discontinued ARC 100.2 amp, that would probably be a very musical combo.

I have noticed a trend that dealers will typically pair the Sophia II with less refined/cheaper gear to prove a point that you don't have to spend lots of money to get great sound. I am not sure I agree with that approach as it doesn't do the Sophia II justice. I can tell you that with my Lamm M1.2s the Sophia II was a great sounding speaker. With many other amps that do not have the muscular and rich harmonic signature, the upper mids can sound a bit on the cooler, sterile side of things. Lamm and Wilson is probably one of the most popular combinations and have won many "best of show" awards.
Old 10-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Lifetime audio addict!

Default Let me join the bandwagon

Having owned in the past Magnepan MG IIB's, Acoustat 2+2's and then Martin Logan Sequel 2's and finally Odyssey's. I have been converted to stay with Wilson speakers.(WP7's and Sophia's) I was always under the impression that they were "too bright" of a loudspeaker. Man was I wrong after hearing them in the right room with the right electronics. I concur that they work well with ARC components. Actually I have played them thru a Denon 3808CI receiver and they sounded very good considering! Didn't Wilson display the Sophia 2's with a Sony Receiver at one of the shows a few years ago? Now somewone please buy my WP7's so I can get the pair of Maxx 2's waiting for me.
Speakers Wilson Audio Maxx 3
Cables Transparent Reference Gen 5
Equipment rack and amp stands HRS
Power conditioning Transparent
Power outlets GTX-D(G) Gold-Plated duplex receptacles dedicated 20 amp lines.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:50 PM

A very good friend of mine has paired his WP8 with ARC Ref 7 and Mc Intosh 1.2KWs; I can tell you it's a great system, an excellent sounding combo.

I find the Wilson's to be easy to match with different gear; my WP8 are very happy with my full Mc system, I wouldn't want to change anything for a very long time.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:54 AM

I just received the latest issue of Hi Fi + magazine, issue no. 67. (N. America gets issues about a month after the UK)

They review the Wilson Sasha's. I will re-read the review later today but her are a couple of final comments. The Sasha's are the biggest change ever to the WP design. "Should you turn your P System in for the Sasha's; not necessarily. The WATT/Puppy remains one of the few legends in high end and that reputation is highly deserved. Just one thing though; if you aren't planning to upgrade soon, you might ant to steer clear of hear the Sasha. Even the briefest exposure may make you change your mind about upgrading.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
Just one thing though; if you aren't planning to upgrade soon, you might ant to steer clear of hear the Sasha. Even the briefest exposure may make you change your mind about upgrading.
Not sure I understand. Was that a compliment to the Sasha?