AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Paradigm

Paradigm All about the Sound

Old 09-15-2018, 09:21 PM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
Who is Kal Rubinstein?
Oops............. my fingers got you mixed up with my friend, KalR.
Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 10-16-2018, 04:50 PM

Persona 5F review.....
https://www.stereophile.com/content/...5f-loudspeaker
Old 04-13-2019, 01:27 PM

Now that I see the new 9H's... I'm hoping someone in my country is willing to trade for some Definitive Technology BP-9000's.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:47 AM

BUMP, I listened to the 7f in my dealers room driven by the new anthem separates an asked him to order me a pair to replace my salon 2's, this was while paradigm was offering 20% and my dealer was also kicking in. Anyhow because of the problems in the bass i described with my salon's he said I needed the 9h if I was going to solve the "dead zone' I think he called it even after the sale of the salon2's the 7f was going to be a stretch so the 9h just wasn't going to happen especially when I had no idea how they would sound with my hegel which I wouldn't ever describe as laid back, more of a grab the speakers by the balls and squeeze so I passed. Speakers like the persona's with the up tilted ( nearly 10 db in spots) in the treble can sound so clear and transparent that I feel like i'm in the studio with the band. There wasn't any brightness only detail, but I've owned hyper detailed speakers before and while i'm sure the persona's are better than my old R105/3's my love/hate affair with those for over 20 years I still worry I can't afford the necessary components to make them sing. I would recommend the persona's to anyone with the suggestion they bring their own gear in for the demo and consider the room acoustics they're going in.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:25 AM

Default Paradigm Persona Series--New Flagship Models!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve59 View Post
BUMP, I listened to the 7f in my dealers room driven by the new anthem separates an asked him to order me a pair to replace my salon 2's, this was while paradigm was offering 20% and my dealer was also kicking in. Anyhow because of the problems in the bass i described with my salon's he said I needed the 9h if I was going to solve the "dead zone' I think he called it even after the sale of the salon2's the 7f was going to be a stretch so the 9h just wasn't going to happen especially when I had no idea how they would sound with my hegel which I wouldn't ever describe as laid back, more of a grab the speakers by the balls and squeeze so I passed. Speakers like the persona's with the up tilted ( nearly 10 db in spots) in the treble can sound so clear and transparent that I feel like i'm in the studio with the band. There wasn't any brightness only detail, but I've owned hyper detailed speakers before and while i'm sure the persona's are better than my old R105/3's my love/hate affair with those for over 20 years I still worry I can't afford the necessary components to make them sing. I would recommend the persona's to anyone with the suggestion they bring their own gear in for the demo and consider the room acoustics they're going in.

Keep your salon 2 and add JL v2 subs. And make sure your Hegel has enough oomph for the salon, they need upward of 200-300 wpc to come alive. There’s a reason no salon 3 yet after 10+ years.

Last edited by kzhtoo; 08-18-2019 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:25 PM

They’re gone. I got what I considered a smokin deal on a pair of dsp8000’s and the se upgrade for, well more than I wanted but still less than the 9h. I initially bought them to flip just to get me a little closer to afford the 9h, but after listening I was good. I’ve posted on all the forums about my bass problems with the salon2’s and once placement is ruled out subs are always next. I haven’t heard a 2 channel system ever made better by subs, not full range speakers anyhow. My current speakers for whatever reason don’t seem to be affected by the room. Everything is a trade off and after I have a few hundred hours on these I’ll know what they don’t do but for now I’m enjoying the music.

I agree the potential for the salon 2 is probably higher than my ears can appreciate in the right room with the right gear, that’s why I bought them. That dsp’s from any manufacturer are a plug and play I can budget is very appealing, finally a wysiwyg.

Last edited by stev809; 08-18-2019 at 02:32 PM.