AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wilson Audio

Wilson Audio Authentic Excellence

Old 11-28-2019, 03:22 PM
On Florida's Slow Coast

So then...

Need more information. How big is your space. If it's small, Sabrina. Larger, you go with Yvette, an excellent speaker with Wilson's latest thinking. But, it isn't adjustable so it works best when set up in it's intended design dimensions.
Bigger space? Go with used Sasha 1's. Or, if you can find them, Sasha 2s. I own Yvette and they are excellent, an upgrade from my Sasha 1s.
Good luck.
Wilson Yvette speakers, Conrad-Johnson ART88 pre, TEA1bc phono, and ART27A Amplifier, Marantz digital player, Rega Planar 10 turntable / Apheta 3 cartridge,Wireworld Gold and Platinum Eclipse IC and speaker, I AQ Hurricane, Tornado power cables, Shunyata Denali 2 conditioner, dCS Bartok DAC/Streamer
Old 11-28-2019, 06:00 PM

Thanks a lot!
My living room is approx 500sqft plus connection to the open kitchen and dining. So another 500 on the other side.

I only live here temporary. We move in 2 years for sure again (for work) and I'd like to buy something I don't want to get rid of by than again.
Thanks for the 2nd hand idea but I guess I'm a bit old fashion and wouldn't buy 2nd hand.

I try to go to lyric hifi next week to see in person. Maybe I hit them up and schedule appointment. Let's see.

I really like the Sasha daw a lot. Slidely over budget, as usual but wtf.

I was either in the fence with sasha daw, Yvette or Sabrina.
Are my two 650w Amps enough??

And again, I know hearing is believing, but how is bang for the buck vs sonus Faber?

Last edited by Chris838; 11-28-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 08:17 PM
Retired

At your price level I would think it is more about which sounds better to your ears rather than 'bang for the buck'. Your MC611s are plenty of amp for either Wilson or SF.
Canton Reference 9 Clearaudio SM Pro Focal Bathys JLA 10" Dominion Kuzma Stabi S w/MC & MM Magnepan 1,7i McIntosh MA8950 & MR88 Oppo 203 Roon Nucleus Rose Hifi RS150B Shunyata Gemini-4 Sony ST-A6B, TA-F6B, ST-J75 & PS-X75 Sorane SA1.2 & TA-1L Stillpoints LP1v2 WW Pt, Au & Ag
Old 11-28-2019, 08:38 PM

Sorry, went OT. Don't want to hijack the thread.

Last edited by Chris838; 11-28-2019 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:45 PM

Chris 838:
Sashas are not too big for your space and they are substantially better than Yvette or Sabrina. Lyric has a good set up for the Sashas . Buy DAWs if you can pull it off, if not Sasha 2 or Sasha 1. I have had Sophias, Watt Puppys, Sashas and Alexia 2s in a less than 500 sq ft room and believe i got the full measure of each one. You have enough power and enough space. Good luck.
Wilson Alexia V, ARC Ref 160M MkII,Ref 40,Ref Phono2SE, Shunyata Triton3, Typhon, Sigma PCs, ICs & SCs, Spectral SDR4000SV (w MIT IC), Belcanto PL1, Oppo 205, Marantz 2270 (tuner only):AudioDesk and VPI record cleaners, Furutech Demag & Destat; Stillpoint Apertures, TechDas AF 3S Premium with SAT CF9 and Kuzma 4pt 9" arms, Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Dynavector XV1-t stereo and XV1-s mono carts, Miyajima mono, Shure V15VxMR,
Old 11-28-2019, 10:18 PM

Thx, I’m definitely excited now. They really grow on me. Can’t believe I never had them on my radar at all.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:59 AM
On Florida's Slow Coast

The Sasha DAW is the obvious choice, but above the budget you specified. Go for it. You should be able to get a reasonable discount on whatever you buy. We all prefer new but Wilson does have a good speaker re-certification program to help stretch the budget a bit. Good luck and enjoy your new speakers.
Wilson Yvette speakers, Conrad-Johnson ART88 pre, TEA1bc phono, and ART27A Amplifier, Marantz digital player, Rega Planar 10 turntable / Apheta 3 cartridge,Wireworld Gold and Platinum Eclipse IC and speaker, I AQ Hurricane, Tornado power cables, Shunyata Denali 2 conditioner, dCS Bartok DAC/Streamer
Old 12-01-2019, 02:48 PM

I‘m thinking of getting a pair of Sabrinas…………
Currently i use a pair of Tannoy Kensington GR speakers on my McIntosh system (C49, MC312, MT5, MCT450).
What do you think is this a worth update?
Old 12-01-2019, 04:22 PM
On Florida's Slow Coast

Well, I like Wilson speakers but have not heard yours so my opinion is not valid. Only your ears count. You must listen to the Sabrina's yourself. If you buy speakers based on reviews, it will be dumb luck if they appeal to you.

Folks will ask me what speakers to buy. Unlike the rest of this stuff, I never give a recommendation unless it's between levels within a brand I've heard extensively. Choosing speakers for someone is like selecting a wife for them...only you know after you listen for a decent amount of time. If you are serious about spending the money, and can't spend a couple of hours listening to your music at a dealer, look elsewhere.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
Well, I like Wilson speakers but have not heard yours so my opinion is not valid. Only your ears count. You must listen to the Sabrina's yourself. If you buy speakers based on reviews, it will be dumb luck if they appeal to you.

Folks will ask me what speakers to buy. Unlike the rest of this stuff, I never give a recommendation unless it's between levels within a brand I've heard extensively. Choosing speakers for someone is like selecting a wife for them...only you know after you listen for a decent amount of time. If you are serious about spending the money, and can't spend a couple of hours listening to your music at a dealer, look elsewhere.
So i bought the Sabrinas! It was worth the money.......