AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Marten Loudspeakers

Marten Loudspeakers Sweden's Best

Old 05-30-2014, 09:56 AM

Default Django xl

I have an opportunity to buy a pair of Django xl's for a nice price. Unfortunately my room is small 14' x 12'. Would this be too much of a speaker for the small room. Any floor stander I tried in my room has a midbass boom, unless I move the speaker well into the room say about 5' from the rear wall. Will the bass adjustment setting on the speaker help at all? No chance to audition, so I have to buy blind.
Cheers,
Sid
Old 05-30-2014, 11:37 AM

Sidvee, I have Django XL, terrific speaker,perform well above their price range. But they do have powerfull bass. The good thing is you can controll it with the nob and put it to -and this should help. They have down firing port so I'm not sure that moving them away from a wall will habe any effect on a bass. But again this is great speaker. So may be you should take a risk...
Old 05-30-2014, 02:30 PM

Sidvee, the speaker is excellent, but even I feel that in a space that small you risk overloading the room with the bass output, even at the -1 setting.

Room treatments will help you big time in which case it would be worth the risk and trouble. It is a fantastic speaker!
Analog: Ear Discmaster, Redpoint Model D, VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod, Townshend Rock 7, EAR 324, VDH Grasshopper III GLA, Dynavector XV-1T, Dynavector XV-1S, Jorma Prime/Origo, Jan Allaerts, Einstein Turntables Choice, Digital: EAR Acute IV / Dac IV Preamp: EAR 912, Ray Samuels B-52 Amplifiers: EAR 890 Monoblocks, Concert Fidelity ZL-120V2SE, Almarro 318B Accessories: Stillpoints ESS Rack, Sistrum, KS Emotion Cables Speakers: Marten Coltrane Tenor
Old 05-30-2014, 05:53 PM

Of all the speakers in the Marten range, I would say the Django XL is the one most voiced towards a richer base. As the other member have mentioned, you do have a dial. But in my opinion you'd be better off with other speakers in a room of your size.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:13 PM

Thanks guys.
That is what I have been thinking as well. My room is fairly well treated, 4 GIK 244 panels in corners, 2 at first reflection points and 2 echobusters on the wall behind the speakers. Regardless, I noticed Floor standers did tend to get overbearing. I will pass on this and continue my search.
Cheers,
Sid
Old 12-13-2015, 03:01 PM

I have not heard martins. I have spoke to a few people, some say they are the best in the world and others say they are way different, which makes it sound like they are not accurate. whats you guys opinion?
Old 12-14-2015, 07:46 AM

Avid, welcome to AA.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:36 PM

Hi there
Sorry if you already read my cross-posts in Accuphase and Wilson sections.
I'm looking to change my speakers and looking for some floorstanders to match with my Accuphase E650 Class A integrated amp (60W in 4 Ohms, 120W in 2 Ohms, only 30W in 8 Ohms) and I'm wondering if this kind of amplification is enough for the Djangos?

Oh, and I have a fairly big room, (7X10m or 21X30ft), but I'm more interested in accuracy rather than big volume (85Db is already over the top, for my taste).

If anyone uses/used Accuphase integrated amps with Djangos, please, help me out with some advice.

Thanks in advance!