AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Acoustical Treatments

Acoustical Treatments Because the room matters

Old 11-24-2017, 04:24 PM

Proved great for absorption! Much of the evil and reverb went to die into the waves of the courtains as Madraz is quite a heavy and dense kind of cloth.

Looks fantastic, will see if I can take a picture or two zooming it so you can see the structure/pattern.

Since I've got both the front and back walls fully treated from top to bottom, I was wary of over-absorbing and with the 2 curtains made of Madraz I think I prevented the whole thing from ending up too dry sounding.
Old 12-07-2017, 08:22 PM

Default Have you made a decision yet

I installed the Rose Brand curtains this year. I have a fair amount of glass I need to contend with. Bottom line: they work.
The glass in my listening space is not a factor relative to mids and highs. Frankly, I am still working on the bass. Those long waves are rougher to tame. I'm about 90% of the way there and still working on tweaking position and settings.
The curtains are quite dense and are available in single and double thickness. I really like the double curtains.
Good luck.
popspin
Old 12-08-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popspin View Post
I installed the Rose Brand curtains this year. I have a fair amount of glass I need to contend with. Bottom line: they work.
The glass in my listening space is not a factor relative to mids and highs. Frankly, I am still working on the bass. Those long waves are rougher to tame. I'm about 90% of the way there and still working on tweaking position and settings.
The curtains are quite dense and are available in single and double thickness. I really like the double curtains.
Good luck.
popspin
I was just on the Rose Brand website. If you don't mind me asking, which curtains did you get?

Thanks

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Good luck.
popspin
Popsin, how did you determine the mids and highs were not a factor for your room? I would like to insure I'm correcting for the right thing. Probably going to be smart for me to have someone with an analysis program that really knows what it is reading come and measure the room, then get the right stuff to go in the right spaces.

As a general rule, I see curtains are a relatively inexpensive way to resolve a fair amount of issues. Were the Rose Brand Doubles very expensive?

Olskool
Old 12-10-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olskool View Post
Popsin, how did you determine the mids and highs were not a factor for your room? I would like to insure I'm correcting for the right thing. Probably going to be smart for me to have someone with an analysis program that really knows what it is reading come and measure the room, then get the right stuff to go in the right spaces.

As a general rule, I see curtains are a relatively inexpensive way to resolve a fair amount of issues. Were the Rose Brand Doubles very expensive?

Olskool
Hi Olskool:
I will get the model tomorrow. I away now.
I do recall a weight around 22oz.
You are spot on thinking of the curtains as a part of the acoustic treatment plan and needing an acoustic analysis to complete the process. That's what I did.
The Rose Brand curtains came as part of a powered curtain proposal from Crestron along with other Crestron items. My dealer had them on display.
Once we settled on the room design all was forwarded to Vicoustic, and ultimately Artnovion. for their analysis. So the curtains were included in acoustic analysis that way.
I did a single layer on 2 and a double layer on another. Given the choice I would double up all of them.
The combination of the acoustic treatments and the curtains is fantastic. I am pleased beyond words when comparing what I heard before (Echo Busters and verticals blinds). Not even close!
Old 12-11-2017, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Hi Olskool:
I will get the model tomorrow. I away now.
I do recall a weight around 22oz.
You are spot on thinking of the curtains as a part of the acoustic treatment plan and needing an acoustic analysis to complete the process. That's what I did.
The Rose Brand curtains came as part of a powered curtain proposal from Crestron along with other Crestron items. My dealer had them on display.
Once we settled on the room design all was forwarded to Vicoustic, and ultimately Artnovion. for their analysis. So the curtains were included in acoustic analysis that way.
I did a single layer on 2 and a double layer on another. Given the choice I would double up all of them.
The combination of the acoustic treatments and the curtains is fantastic. I am pleased beyond words when comparing what I heard before (Echo Busters and verticals blinds). Not even close!
Thanks Popspin, looking forward to getting the information you might have. Olskool
Old 06-09-2018, 07:15 PM

I was looking for a pair of curtains for the same reason. I ended up purchasing two pairs of these and doubled them on the same curtain rods. They do a great job with absorbtion and the WAF wasn't a problem either because my wife got to choose the color.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1