AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Audio & Video > Audio Racks & Furniture

Audio Racks & Furniture Attractive and Functional Display for Gear

Old 04-30-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPal View Post

The 3rd MC2301 is driving the centre speaker. It is a hybrid 2ch/multi-ch setup.

The system is used extensively in HT pass-thru mode for regular TV/Sat Cable & gets many hours during the evening. Of course, Blu-Ray, multi-ch SACD as well.

My favourite mode of operation is 2ch vinyl & R2R tape I'm lacking tape software ATM though & hoping to address that.

Currently building a digital CAPS media server. That direction could even tempt me to buy an Ayre QA-9 ADC.
Nice id been wondering about setups using valve powers in multi/HT setups
Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 AM
Bodhisattva

Hi Hyperterminal, I live in Melbourne & can recommend speaking to Boris at Absolute Hi End. I have bought a couple of racks from him, but the brand I can recommend and will be keeping long-term is Taoc. They are actually a division of the Toyota Car Company, so they have serious r&d money. But best of all, they are great value and have been in wide use at CES in recent years. I own two Taoc ASR-series racks which I have been very happy with.

Taoc also offer two different types of isolation platforms called 'Sound Creation Boards'. I own an SCB-RS50G which is great value, high quality & heavy! It provides a perfect, inert platform for any sensitive gear such as tube amps. Howiebrou on this forum also owns two of them. Here is a link to some photos - http://www.audioaficionado.org/430788-post21.html

You can view the pdf of Taoc's catalogue here - http://www.taoc.gr.jp/pdf/catalog/2011-5-AllAcce_hp.pdf

There are also larger, adjustable spikes in their catalogue if you're placing the platform on the floor fyi. Here is a photo showing the standard factory feet -

Cheers,

Last edited by Bodhisattva; 04-30-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
Hi Hyperterminal, I live in Melbourne & can recommend speaking to Boris at Absolute Hi End. I have bought a couple of racks from him, but the brand I can recommend and will be keeping long-term is Taoc. They are actually a division of the Toyota Car Company, so they have serious r&d money. But best of all, they are great value and have been in wide use at CES in recent years.

They have two different types of amp stands called 'Sound Creation Boards'. I own an SCB-RS50G which is great value, high quality & heavy! It provides a perfect, inert platform for any sensitive gear such as tube amps. Howiebrou on this forum also owns two of them. Here is a link to some photos - http://www.audioaficionado.org/430788-post21.html

You can view the pdf of Taoc's catalogue here - http://www.taoc.gr.jp/pdf/catalog/2011-5-AllAcce_hp.pdf

Here is a photo showing the standard factory feet. There are also larger, adjustable spikes in their catalogue if you're placing the amp stand on carpet fyi -

Cheers,
+1. Boris can point you to Conrad at Klapp.
Old 04-30-2013, 02:24 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
+1. Boris can point you to Conrad at Klapp.
Klapp are good to deal with
Old 04-30-2013, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Klapp are good to deal with
Thanks for the feedback really appreciate you taking the time are you saying the Boris is a klapp audio or absolute hi end ?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2013, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperterminal View Post

Thanks for the feedback really appreciate you taking the time are you saying the Boris is a klapp audio or absolute hi end ?

Thanks
Boris is the distributor/importer. You can't buy directly from absolute high end.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:18 AM

Quote:

Boris is the distributor/importer. You can't buy directly from absolute high end.
Thanks Pal!
Old 04-30-2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Hi Hyperterminal, I live in Melbourne & can recommend speaking to Boris at Absolute Hi End. I have bought a couple of racks from him, but the brand I can recommend and will be keeping long-term is Taoc. They are actually a division of the Toyota Car Company, so they have serious r&d money. But best of all, they are great value and have been in wide use at CES in recent years. I own two Taoc ASR-series racks which I have been very happy with.

Taoc also offer two different types of isolation platforms called 'Sound Creation Boards'. I own an SCB-RS50G which is great value, high quality & heavy! It provides a perfect, inert platform for any sensitive gear such as tube amps. Howiebrou on this forum also owns two of them. Here is a link to some photos - http://www.audioaficionado.org/430788-post21.html

There are also larger, adjustable spikes in their catalogue if you're placing the platform on the floor fyi. Here is a photo showing the standard factory feet -

Cheers,
Bod great looking racks and like them alot just a shame I can't put the 2301 in rack as they need 13 inch clearance above. Also like the stands although would like around 6-8 inches off the ground to keep my little one climbing on them!!!!! Dam search doing my head in
Old 04-30-2013, 06:23 AM

Get something custom built. Design it yourself and ask someone to make it. Then you have exactly what you want!
Trevor's Home Theatre: McIntosh MX121, McIntosh MC601, McIntosh MC207, McIntosh MLD7020, OPPO BDP95, JVC DLA950, Stewert Screen Studio Tek 130G3, B&W 802D2, B&W HTM2D2, B&W DS8, Klipsch KL 525, Velodyne DD15, WireWorld & IsoTek Cables

Old 04-30-2013, 06:39 AM

Although I could go the first 3 shelf rack in the catologue if I can find some stands that match it closely