AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc

MBL, dCS, Goldmund, Gryphon etc Ultra High End Equipment

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2013, 11:00 AM

At first I just wanted to have a good looking amp stand for Gryphon. Never realized such sonic impact. Symposium Ultra platform seems to be much more solid platform, but at this XL size it will be very expensive. Also Stillpoints Ultra 5 is very expensive. I am happy enough with HRS nimbus on carpet. But hey I just bought FE Hd10 for a few days. I will have to use it .
One more, I think Gryphon s feet are too rigid and hard. When put on same rigid and hard surface, weight transfer can be a problem if feet and surface are not perfectly aligned flat to each other.
Ok here is why it has to be FE . Long ago I was looking for new high end racks. as a furniture rather than expecting any sonic benefit, really. There were 3 racks in mind.
TAOC, HRS, FE. TAOC , I like the CS Series, but they didn't make 2-shelf system, HRS SRX + S1 made me headache about weight range of S1, while FE didn't specified weight other than max limit, also they custom made my HD02 to my preferred height, so that it not as high that it block part of projection screen. Wooden furniture looks nice too. I didn't use any Cerabase because I didn't believe in such a thing. Only now that I hear the effect of platform and feet using Mephisto and Q7 than now I know
it's really true. It's quite too late because I already have 5 pieces of FE Pagode Edition racks. I will have to live with it. but other than light weight bass from HD10 amp
platform, it make highly detailed and spacious and vibrant sound. HRS Nimbus recovered lost bass weight beautifully supporting Gryphon. If there is something I really want to
try in the future it is Symposium Ultra, which is very heavy and rigid. that will have to be in a far future. I doubt, do we really need platform as large as external dimension of our amp ? I think what we need is platform that large enough for amps footprint. or even two small platform, one for frontal pair of feet, other one for rear pair. this will cost less than custom size for sure.

Toga

Thanks for photos David and BVD.

Last edited by TOGA; 10-07-2013 at 11:23 AM.