AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Wyred 4 Sound

Wyred 4 Sound Rediscover Your Music

Old 06-29-2014, 10:22 PM
Remembering Dan

Default Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 DSDse Review

Greetings all….

It has been just over 2 weeks the arrival of my new Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 DSDse Digital to Analog converter that has had my curiosity piqued since its introduction. I’ve been extremely pleased with my original DAC-2
that was passed along to me in 2011 by our late friend Regi aka BearCubinNY. Not only was I very pleased with its sonic performance, I was intrigued by its upgradeable platform and had been watching to see if Wyred 4 Sound
would eventually make good on their claim that units in the field could eventually be upgraded. And make good they did, offering 2 levels of upgrade options: The first upgrade path (“DSD”) increases PCM resolution to 32 bit 384khz
for the ability to stream DSD 64 and DSD files via USB; also adding galvanic isolation for complete isolation from computer noise. The second upgrade path (“DSDse” with the “se” denoting “Special Edition”) takes things quite a but
further, adding much closer tolerance, premium quality components in key audio circuits. To quote the Wyred 4 Sound website:

Enhancing the already stellar performance of our DAC-2 series, the DAC-2 DSDse includes an array of highly upgraded components: Vishay Z-Foil resistors, ultra-low noise discrete regulators, ultra-fast recovery Scottkey diodes,
premium grade inductors, green OLED display and a Rhodium-plated Furutech fuse. The culmination of these enhancements is refined audio performance down to the minutest nuances.

In addition, the DSDse version now includes a higher-grade Femto master clock, said to improve the already excellent performance of the DAC-2 by further reducing phase noise and jitter.

The current pricing to have one’s existing DAC-2 modified at the factory to the “DSD” level is $495; while the price to have one’s DAC-2 unit fully modified to the “DSDse” level, which includes the Femto clock, is $1299.
If one opts to go with the DSD upgrade, the Femto clock can be added for an additional $50. If you are going with the upgrade path, in order to obtain the clock upgrade you must at least purchase the DSD upgrade.

The pricing for the brand new units are: Standard DAC-2: $1499; DAC-2 DSD: $1599; and the DAC-2 DSDse: $2549. Once again, the Femto master clock is standard equipment on the DAC-2 DSDse, and can be added
as an option to either the standard DAC-2 or the DAC-2 DSD for an additional $50.

The DAC-2 is well known (as are all of Wyred 4 Sound’s products) for offering serious performance for a very reasonable price. The price/performance ratio is outstanding. As pleased as I’ve been with my DAC-2 for the last 3 years,
I was a bit skeptical that it could be improved substantially by throwing $1299 at it for the DSDse upgrade. However, I was very curious just the same, and began reading some excellent reviews on it, such as the Six Moons review
that Dan posted in my initial thread announcing my purchase, as well as one or two owners on this site.

But other factors swayed me as well, to not only consider the upgrade but to consider going all out and purchasing a brand new DAC-2 DSDse. First, over the last two years (almost) I’ve made many upgrades to that system including
what is pretty much a complete cabling makeover using WW Equinox cabling throughout (interconnects and speaker cables) upgraded power cables, two line level component upgrades (one equalizer and one active crossover) and more.
So I felt that the system would reveal the performance improvements with no problem.

Moreover, earlier this year I purchased a new laptop and began reaping the benefits of 96/24 and 192/24 downloads played through my DAC-2. On top of that, the core of my office vintage system last year was completely replaced
with the Crown Distinction series system, and a new subwoofer was added. So the plan grew into a buy the DAC-2 DSDse, and move the existing DAC-2 into the office, so that that system can be brought into the hi-res act, while also
improving the redbook CD performance of that system.

I also knew that the DAC-2 series would work quite well from the system real estate standpoint. While I’m usually a full-sized component kind of guy, I’ve limited space for any more boxes in any of my systems. As I mentioned in my
review of three years ago, the DAC-2 fits very nicely in my main system on the same platform as my turntable. So I knew that the DAC-2 DSDse would be a very easy swap there with no rearranging at all. Likewise, my office real estate
is nearly used up, but there is a perfect spot to accommodate the relatively compact enclosure of the DAC-2. In my main system I would continue to use my McIntosh MCD7009 CD player as a transport, feeding the DAC-2 DSDse from
its coaxial digital output.

Okay so the big day is here, and I quickly set up the unit, which, as expected, was simple. As soon as I turn it on, I know that I really like the newer green OLED display. It is dimmable for theater purposes, but I leave the display on all the time.
The green digits seem a tiny bit larger that its predecessor, and are easier to see across the room. I set the coax and USB levels at a fixed level of 65, the same level as I had set the previous unit ( I find the maximum level of 70 just a bit too potent).
I started out with some classic rock on redbook-playing several tracks from my Moody Blues-Legend of a Band CD. The first thing I notice right out the box is a slightly more relaxed and “open” presentation, with a better separation of instruments
and “airiness” overall. Also an overall smoother presentation. At the same time, we haven’t lost a bit of solidity or weight. The placement of voices and instruments within the soundstage is superb. I’ve been trying a wide variety of genre in these two weeks
to get a good feel for its performance. In all cases, I’ve been thrilled. It’s great with rock, classical, or anything else one cares to throw at it. It has a more refined presentation over the already excellent DAC-2. Recordings that may otherwise feel a bit sibilant
or bright are smoothed out nicely. I occasionally enjoy some selections of the celtic genre; one example is Ronan Hardiman’s Anthem album, which contains a lot of harmonies and rich texturing. This one is very interesting to listen to, I would describe
it as a celtic theme with pop influence. Very dynamic, it is a very enjoyable experience with the DAC-2 DSDse. I wanted to try some classical genre as well, so I popped in my soundtrack from the movie Somewhere in Time. Very nice presentation-in
particular the quiet passages with piano solos were great. One can close one’s eyes and pick out that piano precisely located in space. Great stuff. A revisiting of John Anderson’s Seminole Wind reveals inner details I haven’t noticed before. One tends to
forget that we are listening to redbook-a well engineered redbook cd can be a completely immersive and involving experience with a top-notch DAC such as this. The sonics of the DAC-2 DSDse are rich, full-bodied and smooth; with fabulous dynamics. It should
satisfy any die-hard analog aficionado.

With 96/24 and 192/24 hi-res files, there isn’t much to say here but fantastic. The same improvements noted above are evident here. While I seem to note a slight shift in the image to the right in my original DAC-2 with hi-res files, here we have a perfectly aligned
soundstage. (I’m a little perplexed as to whether there is actually a problem with my earlier unit). In any event, the hi-res performance of the DAC-2 DSDse is superb. I have not as yet downloaded any DSD files, so I’m unable to comment as yet on this aspect.
(I did not purchase the unit with the intent to listen to DSD files, but rather for the across the board refinements and the ability to improve my office setup as well).

A few miscellaneous items: Like the original DAC-2, this is a very solidly constructed unit that looks much better in person than in photos. Quality is evident in all aspects, with a full plethora of quality connectors on the rear apron. The stock power cord supplied
with the unit is of heavier construction than its predecessor. Of course, a stock cord is a stock cord (I am using a WireWorld Aurora power cord, a WW Silver Starlight digital cable and WW Equinox balanced output interconnects). The trigger function on this unit
now includes remote on/off triggering rather than simply an HT bypass trigger function. This is a welcome addition that I availed myself of. (It is a 12V trigger, but since my McIntosh C40 preamp only provides a 5V trigger, I worked around it using a simple Wal-wart
12V supply connected in unison with my other source equipment that is triggered by my preamp via my Panamax controller). Like the original DAC-2, the remote supplied with the DAC-2DSDse is very basic (I never used mine). It is said, however, that the new unit
can be controlled more conveniently using a universal remote.

The Original DAC-2’s new duties in my office system…

With all the work that’s been done on my office system in the last year, adding my original DAC-2 to that system is the icing on the cake. By doing that, I can update my redbook CD playback using the coax input, and bring the Crown system in that room
in on the hi-res act. So I placed a cable order with Ivan, so that I can feed the digital output of my vintage Carver SD/A-490t CD player to the DAC-2, and the analog outputs of the DAC-2 to the Crown DL-2 controller on the other side of the room. To accomplish
this I ordered a 6 meter WW Starlight DigitalCable, and a 7 meter pair of WW Oasis unbalanced interconnects. The DAC-2 would be situated in close proximity to my laptop station, so a long USB cable would not be necessary.

Not much to say here, we have an obvious upgrade for my CD playback, moving the sonics up many steps for redbook, and the ability to enjoy those hi-res files through my relatively new Crown Distinction series rig. What a difference!

Conclusions….

To sum it up, the Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 DSDse is a superb DAC. One user here noted that the sound id more “in your face”. I think what he was really trying to say is, the instruments have more presence, not necessarily that the sound is overly “forward”.
I would agree. I would also agree with the statement made on the Wyred 4 Sound website that the DSDse version is like a DAC-2 on steroids. That’s a rather apt way to describe it. Like the original DAC-2, the sound is big, it’s clear, it’s dynamic, and very involving.
But it is more refined at the same time…bringing one even deeper into the musical experience.

Having said all that, one has to bear in mind that this is all said with relatively few hours on the unit, and there is much break-in yet to happen. The manual states that you need at least 200 hours on the unit, and EJ Sarmento of Wyred 4 Sound tells me that the
break-in blooming doesn’t slow down until you have a good few hundred hours on it. Another AA member recently commented in my other thread that his unit wasn’t fully broken in until well over 200 hours were on it. Hence, this review should really considered a
“preliminary” review, while the break-in process is underway. I’m already noticing some changes as I revisit some selections I played when I first powered up the unit two weeks ago. I’m sure I’m in for a very enjoyable “ride”.

I believe it was that same member that mentioned he has ordered a McIntosh D100 Digital preamp-DAC for the purpose of comparing the two. I will be interested in the results of that shootout. The D100 is a very attractive unit, in typical McIntosh styling, at a
comparable price. But once again, I’m really out of room for full-width boxes, and my two DAC-2 versions are perfect solutions in both of my situations.

I would recommend the Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 DSDse without hesitation. It was well worth the investment, and will only get better from here. I couldn’t be happier.

Thanks for reading….

No. 35

Main System: VPI Prime Signature TT in Rosewood, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Stillpoints LP1 V2, McIntosh: MP100, MR78, MCD1000 Transport on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, MDA1000 D/A Converter on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, MS750 Music Server, C40, MC501's (3), Soundcraftsmen: DC2215 Eq/AS1000 Real time analyzer, DBX 3BX II, Carver C9, Nakamichi Dragon, Crown SX724, Crown D-75A (as headphone amp), Sony XBR55X900E 4K TV, JBL L220A's, JBL B460, Sumo Delilah active crossover, WireWorld Silver Eclipse audio interconnects, WireWorld Starlight and Silver Starlight Coaxial Digital interconnects, Wireworld SuperNova 7 Toslink digital interconnect, WireWorld Aurora 7 and Silver Electra Power cords, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables, Terk AF-1 Powered Antenna, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-Ray Player, Bryson BUC-1 USB Converter, Wireworld Gold Starlight XLR Digital interconnect, PS Audio Direct Stream Power Plant 12 on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, PS Audio Dectect, FuruTech Flux-50 NCF Inline Power Filter, Add-Powr Wizard EM Field AC Line conditioner; Stillpoint Ultra SS's under (3) McIntosh MC501 Amplifiers

Florida Room/Art Studio System: Harmon Kardon T60 TT/Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh: MR77, C32, MC2205; Crown Power Line Four, Wyred for Sound DAC-2 Digital to Analog converter, Soundcraftsmen AE2000 Eq, JBL 4313B's, JBL 2241-based Sub, JBL BX63A Active Crossover, Oppo BDP-105D Blu-Ray Player, Samsung 5500 Series 32" Smart TV, Terk AF-1 Powered Antenna

Master Bedroom System: McIntosh: MX120 Theater processor, MC206 6-channel amplifier; MR74 AM/FM Tuner, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, JVC HM-DH40000U D-Theater Digital VHS, Phase Technology PC80 Towers (now used as stands), (2) JBL 4401's, (1) JBL Studio 6IW speaker, (2) JBL Studio 6IC speakers, Sony XBR-49X900E UHD TV, Panamax 1000 Line Conditioner, (2) JL Audio E110 Subwoofers, Wireworld Solstice speaker cables, Wireworld Aurora Power cords, Wireworld Equinox and Solstice speaker cables and various other flavors of Wireworld and Audioquest cabling

Office System: Marantz 150 Tuner, Crown DL 2, Crown EQ 2, Crown SA 2, Crown D-75A (as headphone amp), McIntosh MCD7009 (as transport), DBX 3BX Series II, Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray player, JBL 4401's, JL Audio E112 Subwoofer, Samsung 5500 series 32" Smart TV, Wire World Oasis audio interconnects, Wire World Solstice speaker cables, Wyred for Sound DAC-2 DSDse Digital to Analog converter, Wireworld Starlight Coaxial Digital Interconnect, Sennheiser HD800 Headphones, Sennheiser HDVA600 Headphone amp, Wireworld Silver Eclipse Balanced Interconnects, Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB Cable, Add-Powr EAU-2 AC Harmonic resonator

High Resolution Source: HP Omen 17" Gaming Laptop

Last edited by Vintage Pete; 06-29-2014 at 10:29 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:51 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Pete.......An excellent review and photos. The new DAC2 DSDse looks wonderful in the living room system and the original DAC2 looks right at home in the office system. You definitely killed two birds with one stone with the DAC2 DSDse purchase. It is clear from the tone of your review that you are excited to own the new DAC2 DSDse and pleased with the digital performance upgrade in your main system.

I know that you are still looking to replace the MCD7009 you are using as a transport with a MCD1000. You are certainly close to that final step. Happy listening my friend.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A
Old 06-29-2014, 10:55 PM
Remembering Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Pete.......An excellent review and photos. The new DAC2 DSDse looks wonderful in the living room system and the original DAC2 looks right at home in the office system. You definitely killed two birds with one stone with the DAC2 DSDse purchase. It is clear from the tone of your review that you are excited to own the new DAC2 DSDse and pleased with the digital performance upgrade in your main system.

I know that you are still looking to replace the MCD7009 you are using as a transport with a MCD1000. You are certainly close to that final step. Happy listening my friend.
Thank you Dan...I am definitely pleased and excited, and yes you are correct with your closing comment. That's what needs to happen now.

No. 35

Main System: VPI Prime Signature TT in Rosewood, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Stillpoints LP1 V2, McIntosh: MP100, MR78, MCD1000 Transport on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, MDA1000 D/A Converter on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, MS750 Music Server, C40, MC501's (3), Soundcraftsmen: DC2215 Eq/AS1000 Real time analyzer, DBX 3BX II, Carver C9, Nakamichi Dragon, Crown SX724, Crown D-75A (as headphone amp), Sony XBR55X900E 4K TV, JBL L220A's, JBL B460, Sumo Delilah active crossover, WireWorld Silver Eclipse audio interconnects, WireWorld Starlight and Silver Starlight Coaxial Digital interconnects, Wireworld SuperNova 7 Toslink digital interconnect, WireWorld Aurora 7 and Silver Electra Power cords, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 speaker cables, Terk AF-1 Powered Antenna, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-Ray Player, Bryson BUC-1 USB Converter, Wireworld Gold Starlight XLR Digital interconnect, PS Audio Direct Stream Power Plant 12 on Stillpoint Ultra Minis, PS Audio Dectect, FuruTech Flux-50 NCF Inline Power Filter, Add-Powr Wizard EM Field AC Line conditioner; Stillpoint Ultra SS's under (3) McIntosh MC501 Amplifiers

Florida Room/Art Studio System: Harmon Kardon T60 TT/Ortofon 2M Black, McIntosh: MR77, C32, MC2205; Crown Power Line Four, Wyred for Sound DAC-2 Digital to Analog converter, Soundcraftsmen AE2000 Eq, JBL 4313B's, JBL 2241-based Sub, JBL BX63A Active Crossover, Oppo BDP-105D Blu-Ray Player, Samsung 5500 Series 32" Smart TV, Terk AF-1 Powered Antenna

Master Bedroom System: McIntosh: MX120 Theater processor, MC206 6-channel amplifier; MR74 AM/FM Tuner, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, JVC HM-DH40000U D-Theater Digital VHS, Phase Technology PC80 Towers (now used as stands), (2) JBL 4401's, (1) JBL Studio 6IW speaker, (2) JBL Studio 6IC speakers, Sony XBR-49X900E UHD TV, Panamax 1000 Line Conditioner, (2) JL Audio E110 Subwoofers, Wireworld Solstice speaker cables, Wireworld Aurora Power cords, Wireworld Equinox and Solstice speaker cables and various other flavors of Wireworld and Audioquest cabling

Office System: Marantz 150 Tuner, Crown DL 2, Crown EQ 2, Crown SA 2, Crown D-75A (as headphone amp), McIntosh MCD7009 (as transport), DBX 3BX Series II, Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray player, JBL 4401's, JL Audio E112 Subwoofer, Samsung 5500 series 32" Smart TV, Wire World Oasis audio interconnects, Wire World Solstice speaker cables, Wyred for Sound DAC-2 DSDse Digital to Analog converter, Wireworld Starlight Coaxial Digital Interconnect, Sennheiser HD800 Headphones, Sennheiser HDVA600 Headphone amp, Wireworld Silver Eclipse Balanced Interconnects, Wireworld Platinum Starlight USB Cable, Add-Powr EAU-2 AC Harmonic resonator

Old 06-29-2014, 10:57 PM

Great write up, Pete. Thanks for the information, the upgrade details and the very nice pictures.

Enjoy the upgrade!
Old 06-29-2014, 11:03 PM
Remembering Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaki View Post
Great write up, Pete. Thanks for the information, the upgrade details and the very nice pictures.

Enjoy the upgrade!
Thanks Michael...my pleasure!

No. 35

Old 06-29-2014, 11:19 PM

Great review Pete, and thanks for the pics. I've been waiting rather impatiently to read your thoughts on what seems to me an excellent Dac. I'm glad you made the right choice, and please keep us posted as it breaks in.
Old 06-29-2014, 11:31 PM
Remembering Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereohead View Post
Great review Pete, and thanks for the pics. I've been waiting rather impatiently to read your thoughts on what seems to me an excellent Dac. I'm glad you made the right choice, and please keep us posted as it breaks in.
Simon....will do. Indeed I was a bit torn on just when to post a review. I knew some were anxious to hear my impressions; at the same time there was little time for break in, and I needed a bit of time to collect my own thoughts on it.

I will update as more hours are logged on it.

No. 35

Old 06-30-2014, 12:15 AM
AA Founder, Legend AV Owner

Pete... Great review and pics of your new W4S-DAC-2 DSDse, I'm glad to hear you are breaking new ground in your audio listening pleasure.
MX136, MC1.2KW(10) MC2KW(2), MCD1100, MS750(2) MVP881, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, HT-2 SUBS(2) HT3F(2) WS350(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) XCS350(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" MOTORIZED SCREEN, CINEMA-TECH SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: ACCUPHASE A300 AMPS, C3900 PRE-AMP, DP1000 CD/SACD TRANSPORT, DC1000 DIGITAL PROCESSOR, DG-68 DIGITAL EQUALIZER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, PS1230 POWER SUPPLY, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, WW PLATINUM CABLES
CAPE COD

MX150, MC501(2) MC1.2KW(10) MC2301(2) MR88, MVP881, MCD1100, MDA1000, C1000C/P/T, MPC1500, ESOTERIC K-01X 30th ANNIVERSARY (BLACK) SACD/CD PLAYER, G02-X CLOCK, HT3F(2) XRT2K, XCS2K, XR27(2) JL GOTHAM v2 SUBS(2) JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(4) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) KALEIDESCAPE STRATO & TERRA SERVERS 80-TB, LUMAGEN RADIANCE SCALER, SONY VPH-G90U 4K PROJECTOR, STEWART 120" SCREEN, SONUS FABER STRADIVARI, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, FORTRESS SEATING, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Analog Rig: CLEARAUDIO INNOVATION WOOD, UNIVERSAL ARM w/ Da VINCI' CART, 2nd UNIVERSAL ARM w/ GOLDFINGER STATEMENT CART, HRS-MXR REFERENCE RACK-GLOSS BLACK w/ M3X SHELVES, AESTHETIX RHEA SIG PHONO-PRE, BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Reference System: BURMESTER 911MK3 AMP(3), 088 PRE-AMP, 089 CD PLAYER, 100 PHONO PRE-AMP, 948 POWER CONDITIONER, ACCUPHASE DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, AVID ACUTUS REFERENCE SP TT, GRAHAM PHANTOM II SUPREME ARM, BENZ MICRO LP-S CART, GRANDIOSO P1X/D1X STACK, G1X RUBIDIUM MASTER CLOCK, N05 NETWORK PLAYER, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS-SXR CUSTOM RACK w/ M3X SHELVES, SONUS FABER AIDA SPEAKERS, JL FATHOM F113v2 SUBS(2) SOUND ANCHOR STANDS(2) WW PLATINUM CABLES

Library System: GRANDIOSO M1 MONOBLOCK AMPS, C1 LINESTAGE PRE-AMP, K1X CD/SACD PLAYER, G1 MASTER RUBIDIUM CLOCK, E02 PHONO-PRE, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, AERIAL ACOUSTICS 20T V2, AERIAL SW12 SUBS(2), CANTON REF K1’s, VPI HRX TT w/ SDS POWER SUPPLY, ORTOFON CADENZA BLACK CART, KLAUDIO RCM, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2, SHUNYATA OMEGA QR’s, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Esoteric/Bryston System: ESOTERIC C02-X PRE-AMP, P-02X TRANSPORT, D02-X DAC, G02-X CLOCK, BRYSTON 28B3 CUBED MONOBLOCK AMPS(4), BRYSTON BHA-1 HEADPHONE AMP, SHUNYATA DENALI 6000/S v2(2) EVEREST 8000 POWER CONDITIONER(2) ALTAIRA CG & SG HUBS, AMR-DP777-SE DAC, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, TAD REFERENCE ONE MK2 LOUDSPEAKERS, QUADRASPIRE RACK, WW PLATINUM CABLES
Accuphase/Canton System: ACCUPHASE E800 INTEGRATED, DP570 CD/SACD PLAYER, T1200 FM STEREO TUNER, DG-68 VOICING EQUALIZER, PS530 POWER SUPPLY, CANTON REF K3’s, CANTON REF K5’s, SILENZIO MUSIC SERVER, HRS MXR REFERENCE MAHOGHANY RACK w/ M3X2 SHELVES, WW GOLD CABLES

Last edited by Masterlu; 06-30-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:19 AM
Remembering Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post
Pete... Great review and pics of your new W4S-DAC-2 DSDse, I'm glad to hear you are breaking new ground in your audio listening pleasure.
Thank you Ivan!

No. 35

Old 06-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Learning to Listen

Pete, excellent review! I shoulda, coulda have bought that used W4S DAC 2 and had it upgraded. Your review makes a great argument for others to consider doing just that! Enjoy!