AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Turntables & Vinyl > Analog Pressings

Old 01-24-2016, 02:28 PM

Default Great day at the record shop

Yesterday was a typical cold ,wet and snowy day up here in Rochester New York. What better way to spend the day than to spend a couple hours at the "Record Archive" in Rochester. For those who are not familiar with the store, It is a treasure chest of old and new recordings in all mediums. The vinyl selection is HUGH! They have been in business for 40+ years. What made it even more fun was that my wife came along and helped fill the cart with some of here favorite LPs (we both enjoy the sound and feeling that vinyl recordings provide). We added a bunch to the collection and are enjoying the day today listening to the new additions. Can't get much better than having your wife enjoying the vinyl as much as you do.
Ed
2 Channel - Esoteric KO3, VPI Classic, C2300, MS300, MEN220, Bryston 7b SST, B&W 802D, JL F113 (2), MDA 1000, Olive 4HD, Sonos w/Remedy, WW Silver Eclipse ICs , Stillpoints Ultra mini, MR85 tuner, Aurender A10 server

Headphone listening
- Audeze LCD3 with Moon Audio Black Dragon Balanced cables, Sennheiser HD650, WW silver Eclipse Nano cable, Bryston BHA-1 amp

HT -
MX135, OPPO 103D, B&W CDM7, B&W center, Sony 65" LCD

Last edited by edkoz; 01-24-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 02:36 PM

Put a smile on my face!

TY
Old 01-24-2016, 03:20 PM
Go Dawgs

Sounds like a fun time! The real question is how you got your wife to spend more than 15 minutes in a record store! That's impressive.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3
Old 01-24-2016, 04:56 PM

That is very cool....When my wife comes, she always adds in 2-3 records in the jazz genre that I would not think of....always good additions
Old 01-25-2016, 09:25 AM

Looks like a road trip from Buffalo is in order this weekend. There's one decent vinyl store here but I find the prices to be way too high.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkoz View Post
Yesterday was a typical cold ,wet and snowy day up here in Rochester New York. What better way to spend the day than to spend a couple hours at the "Record Archive" in Rochester. For those who are not familiar with the store, It is a treasure chest of old and new recordings in all mediums. The vinyl selection is HUGH! They have been in business for 40+ years. What made it even more fun was that my wife came along and helped fill the cart with some of here favorite LPs (we both enjoy the sound and feeling that vinyl recordings provide). We added a bunch to the collection and are enjoying the day today listening to the new additions. Can't get much better than having your wife enjoying the vinyl as much as you do.
Ed
Nice.
I just had a daughter on the 22nd and hope to dig around the crates with her.
I really enjoy vinyl for this reason, it brings back the community into the music.
Getting rid of my Spotify account was the best thing I have done in a while.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkoz View Post
Ed
Hey Ed,

another Rochester guy here (former East Sider) , I too can spend hours at Record Archive along with the Bop Shop and back in the day, House of Guitars on Titus Ave.

Next time I'm back home I'll give you a shout !
Old 01-02-2018, 03:37 PM

I used to love RA when I ljved ther many years go...it is the best!!!

Wow...2 words, great memories!