AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Audio Research

Audio Research State of the Art Audio Reproduction

Old 08-16-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnc02 View Post
I also use 5 isolation feet under my Reference 250's. In my case, the 250's are on Stillpoints Ultra 5's (with optional bases) on an HRS M3X isolation base which sits on hardwood floor. In my opinion, having a fifth foot under the central bridge on which the transformers are mounted sounds clearly better than having just four feet in the corners.

Hi ,
Please could you share your thoughts on the Stillpoints Ultras vs the 5's. Would you term the 5 as a significant improvement ?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzhead View Post
Hi ,
Please could you share your thoughts on the Stillpoints Ultras vs the 5's. Would you term the 5 as a significant improvement ?
They are (in my system) a VERY significant improvement over the Ultra SS. They have the same overall character as the Ultra SS (very fast, neutral and detailed), but they push the effect to a different level. And keep in mind that that my REF250's were already on good isolation shelves (HRS M3X's). I now have Ultra 5's under my amps, DAC and transport. I still have Ultra SS under my preamp, but I am going to be trying Ultra 5's there as well soon.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:12 AM

Thanks dmnc02 , have you tried them under your speakers ?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:43 AM

No, I haven't. Part of the reason is that my Vanderdesteen's are aligned for level, toe-in and tilt using a laser jig in order for them to be time- and phase coherent at the listening position. I am not sure that the Stillpoints will give me enough tilt adjustment and I will need to get the jig from my dealer in order to re-align the speakers. I will probably check with the factory at some point to see if they think this is something worth trying.

Last edited by dmnc02; 08-18-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:00 PM

Hi

May be You try CR-Tech feet from Switzerland, I use them under my Speakers and even under my Esoteric with highly significant effects ;-))
Esoteric DV50s, Conrad-Johnson Premier3, Moon W5.3RS, Magnepan MG3.7, Paradigm Studio Sub12, Nouvelle Platine Verdier, Ortofon Synergy, NBS Black Label2 Powercord, NBS Drangonfly Powercord, Monster Sigma Speaker Cables, Monster Sigma Interconnect, Monster Sigma Retro Gold Interconnect, Finite Elemente Pagode Hifi-Rack (with Harmonix Feet :-)), Audio Agile Power Line, CRTech Feet (Esoteric & Magneplanar)
Old 08-31-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Premier3 View Post
Hi

May be You try CR-Tech feet from Switzerland, I use them under my Speakers and even under my Esoteric with highly significant effects ;-))
I never heard of CR-Tech. Do they have a web site?
Old 09-01-2012, 04:42 AM

Hi

Yes they have a website: crtech.ch
Just checked it but they seem to have only swiss Dealers selling it and no Distributors outside Switzerland...:-(
Esoteric DV50s, Conrad-Johnson Premier3, Moon W5.3RS, Magnepan MG3.7, Paradigm Studio Sub12, Nouvelle Platine Verdier, Ortofon Synergy, NBS Black Label2 Powercord, NBS Drangonfly Powercord, Monster Sigma Speaker Cables, Monster Sigma Interconnect, Monster Sigma Retro Gold Interconnect, Finite Elemente Pagode Hifi-Rack (with Harmonix Feet :-)), Audio Agile Power Line, CRTech Feet (Esoteric & Magneplanar)