AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Audeze

Audeze Uncompromised Audio

Old 01-15-2018, 04:39 PM

Default Audeze LCD-2C vs ZMF Atticus

Thanks guys

Audeze LCD-2C vs ZMF Atticus

The LCD-2C are slightly dark but they are not warm at all. There is actually plenty of treble and to my ears, the LCD-2C have better delineation than the Atticus up high with cymbals and strings.

Like all the Audeze headphones, the LCD-2C recess the upper mids a little bit but it's not bothering me like it was with the horrible Fazor revision. The vocals are more lively on the Atticus and more lush on the LCD-2C. Despite being recessed, the LCD-2C can also handle female vocals very well.

The Atticus are a little bit more punchy than the LCD-2C but the difference is not night and day. Sub-bass is better with the LCD-2C.

Overall the LCD-2C are a fantastic pair of headphones and they are probably on par with the ZMF Atticus even if the sound signature is slightly different.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:41 PM

Tyll's review of LC2C. https://youtu.be/jyt-nhGJl2c
Old 03-05-2019, 12:00 PM

I ordered a pair through Audeze during the $599 sale . I’m liking them quite a bit . They are a bit tight on my head but after a bit I don’t really notice them . They are still breaking in some, but have settled in nicely . I have a set of Elears that I enjoy also. The two have slightly different sound characteristics with the Elears having a little more up top. The bottom end of each are comparable. I haven’t had enough time to really do any A/B testing . To my ears I think the LCD2Cs are very good and at the 599 price I picked them up for , I’m happy
I also picked up a case from Harbor Freight to cary them in while I travel . I even have room for a small (probable Schiit ) amp.IMG_0071.jpg
Old 03-05-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shindo View Post
I ordered a pair through Audeze during the $599 sale . I’m liking them quite a bit . They are a bit tight on my head but after a bit I don’t really notice them . They are still breaking in some, but have settled in nicely . I have a set of Elears that I enjoy also. The two have slightly different sound characteristics with the Elears having a little more up top. The bottom end of each are comparable. I haven’t had enough time to really do any A/B testing . To my ears I think the LCD2Cs are very good and at the 599 price I picked them up for , I’m happy
I also picked up a case from Harbor Freight to cary them in while I travel . I even have room for a small (probable Schiit ) amp.Attachment 58408
For the money I thought they were outstanding. I have sold most of my headphones and have consolidated to only 2 pairs since having a dozen was pointless. I am now enjoying the handcrafted and limited edition ZMF Auteur in African Blackwood and my old reliable Sennheiser HD600 as backup.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Gentlemen, these LCD2 Classics are fantastic. My pair came in this morning, one of the few customers to receive them so far. Have not had time to do very thorough listening yet but snuck in a 15 min listening session this afternoon. Great imaging headphones, they effortlessly convey the depth, width and height of the solid and focused images within the soundstage. Tonal balance is very, very musical and non fatiguing. Slight warmth in the mid bass with a smooth and engaging midrange. A nice bump in the presence and brilliance regions for that sparkle yet they remain harshness and grain free. Very enjoyable. Comfort is first class and they do not feel heavy on the head.

If you've been wanting to try Audeze, this is a great place to start. Grab them while they are still offering them with the introductory price of $599. Well worth the money.
My best friend as a pair as well and he is extremely satisfied with them as well.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parabellum View Post
My best friend as a pair as well and he is extremely satisfied with them as well.
Old 06-17-2019, 11:02 PM

Default I just bougt a pair

Longtime Sennheiser user, but every time I use them honey starts blasting the tv. Im in another room but somehow she hears the phones and turns up the TV.
I thought Id try some closed backs that didnt break the bank. I went to AudioVisionSF because I knew they had boatload of headphones. I wanted to buy the Xcans. I tried them first and then the LCD2 closed back. I didnt try anything else, I bought them. Probably have about 48 hours on them and waiting
till about 140 hours to really give them a listen
Old 06-18-2019, 02:20 PM

I think she wants you to watch TV with her...
Old 06-18-2019, 08:56 PM

all she watches is fookin knitting podcasts