AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Shunyata Research

Shunyata Research Designing Silent Systems for recording, film and music

Old 03-13-2017, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCR View Post
I read the TAS review of the Denali with iterest as the reviewer was comparing it to the Triton/Typhon combo which I have. The review got my attention when it was stated that the Denali technology yield a more organic sound. I had not realized we can now have a triton v3. So I guess the triton v3 IS the top of the line correct and would yield a more organic sound then my v1? It was said that the denali no longer needs the typhon as does my trition (I may have misunderstood this part). Does the V3 still benefit from the Typhon? Since I have 4 Typhon (2 on my amps and two for my triton v1, would I still need the two with the triton? This is exciting!
The DENALI was designed with technology that was not availabe when the TRITON was built. Specifically, the medical filters that we developed for our medical sister company and the QR/BB module that improves system dynamics even for high power amplifiers. The new technology allowed the DENALI to outperform the TRITON in some performance areas. Robert's reference at the time he was evaluating the DENALI was the TRITON v2. The TRITON v3 was still in research and development at the time. Robert's opinions expressed about the Denali's extraordinary performance is consistent with that of other reviewers (Audio Beat and AudioStream) and of many DENALI customers.

We wanted to maintain the TRITON as our reference model so we developed a program to infuse the TRITON with the technology developed for the DENALI. Trickle UP technology as it were. The TRITON v3 now has QR/BB tech that is 3 times the size of that used in the DENALI. And it now has the CCI v3 noise filters developed for the DENALI series. So, yes the TRITON v3 is our reference.

RE: TYPHON
The TRITON and TYPHON were developed together as a two-part power system. Similar in concept to a preamplifier that has a separate power supply. If the Triton and Typhon combination was combined in a single unit it would have weighed more than 100lbs and it would not fit on a standard shelf so we made it in two chassis'. This also allowed people to purchase our reference system in stages. They could buy the Triton distribution center and then later upgrade to the full reference system by adding the Typhon. So, the Triton and Typhon were designed as an interconnected system. The Typhon is still a significant upgrade in performance for the Triton v3. Some people use the Typhon with a DENALI and say it is an improvement. However, it is not as significant as when used with the Triton because the Denali does not have the internal buss system that allows the Triton to fully realize the benefits of the Typhon's noise reduction capabilities.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by CGabriel; 03-13-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:06 PM

Yes it does! I will be calling to upgrade my triton v1 for a v3! Thanks! Best, Jacques.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:25 PM

At this moment I have a Triton v2 at Shunyata being upgraded to a v3. If this upgrade is even close to the v1 to v2 upgrade then I will be happy. Can't wait for it to come back home. Then I can send my HT Triton in for an upgrade.

--------------------------------------------

Lumin S1
Sony XA5400ES SACD
Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
Magico S5 MK2 Mcast Rose speakers

Shunyata Triton v2/Typhon for source, Cyclops v2 (2) for amps
Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
Revelation Audio Passage Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
Three 20 amp circuits.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:06 AM

Just FYI, we do aboit 3 Triton upgrades per week and have already done over 40 upgrades. No one, to my knowledge, has been disappointed.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
The DENALI was designed with technology that was not availabe when the TRITON was built. Specifically, the medical filters that we developed for our medical sister company and the QR/BB module that improves system dynamics even for high power amplifiers. The new technology allowed the DENALI to outperform the TRITON in some performance areas. Robert's reference at the time he was evaluating the DENALI was the TRITON v2. The TRITON v3 was still in research and development at the time. Robert's opinions expressed about the Denali's extraordinary performance is consistent with that of other reviewers (Audio Beat and AudioStream) and of many DENALI customers.

We wanted to maintain the TRITON as our reference model so we developed a program to infuse the TRITON with the technology developed for the DENALI. Trickle UP technology as it were. The TRITON v3 now has QR/BB tech that is 3 times the size of that used in the DENALI. And it now has the CCI v3 noise filters developed for the DENALI series. So, yes the TRITON v3 is our reference.

The TRITON and TYPHON were developed together as a two-part power system. Similar in concept to a preamplifier that has a separate power supply. If the Triton and Typhon combination was combined in a single unit it would have weighed more than 100lbs and it would not fit on a standard shelf so we made it in two chassis'. This also allowed people to purchase our reference system in stages. They could buy the Triton distribution center and then later upgrade to the full reference system by adding the Typhon. So, the Triton and Typhon were designed as an interconnected system. The Typhon is still a significant upgrade in performance for the Triton v3. Some people use the Typhon with a DENALI and say it is an improvement. However, it is not as significant as when used with the Triton because the Denali does not have the internal buss system that allows the Triton to fully realize the benefits of the Typhon's noise reduction capabilities.

I hope this helps.
Hi Caelin,

How many high current outlets does the Triton v3 have? I have two regular mono amplifiers and two subwoofer mono amplifiers. I'm trying to figure out the best Shunyata configuration to handle this.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 03-14-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanarSpeakerFan View Post
Hi Caelin,

How many high current outlets does the Triton v3 have? I have two regular mono amplifiers and two subwoofer mono amplifiers. I'm trying to figure out the best Shunyata configuration to handle this.

Thanks,
Ken
Hi Ken,

All of the Triton v3 outlets have the same current carrying capability, so having monos and sub-amplifiers is fine and they can be plugged into any of the outlets. The Triton models are all through-and-through passive units so electrically speaking, regarding peak-current transfer, they are no different than the wall outlet and have over-rated parts for a full 20A service. If you are looking for an ideal plug-in strategy, perhaps keep your low level analog and digital on their own outlets and the amps and subs on their own outlets, separating higher current from lower-current devices where possible.

Thanks, Ken.

Grant
Old 11-30-2017, 03:16 AM

Default Typhon QR

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post

I hope this helps.
I have had every series of the Triton V1, V2 and just ordered V3 coupled with a Typhon. I see on your web site that you now refer to a Typhoon QR. AS my order is being finalised with the distributor can you shed some light on the Typhon QR please ? If there is an upgrade for the Typhon I would like to add that to my order - just in time for Christmas !!
Old 02-15-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantS View Post
Hi Ken,

All of the Triton v3 outlets have the same current carrying capability, so having monos and sub-amplifiers is fine and they can be plugged into any of the outlets. The Triton models are all through-and-through passive units so electrically speaking, regarding peak-current transfer, they are no different than the wall outlet and have over-rated parts for a full 20A service. If you are looking for an ideal plug-in strategy, perhaps keep your low level analog and digital on their own outlets and the amps and subs on their own outlets, separating higher current from lower-current devices where possible.

Thanks, Ken.

Grant
Grant/Caelin,...I have had an opportunity to borrow a friend's TRITON v3 for over a month.

The results are staggeringly good. I don't have time to write alot and words don't really suffice, however I would like to say CONGRATULATIONS and WELL DONE (!) for putting out the single best power conditioner that has ever been in my systems the last 20+ years including all passive and active solutions I have ever tried or owned!!!
Old 03-17-2018, 05:36 AM

Hi all,

been itching for the triton 3

my current setup..

TT / phono stage and pre amps => Ansuz D8 distributor => WALL
monoblocs => Denali 2000 => WALL
CD player, DAC, Media Player, wifi plug => Torus Max => WALL

Unfortunately I am not able to have a dedicated line into my system so i’m Trying to get the best power products.

Most of my resources is poured into the TT route with Ansuz DTC cables and the digital source mainly a afterthought

I’m just wondering whether it’s worth it for me to get the triton3 and trade in the Denali 2000 and maybe even try plugging the ansuz d8 into the triton3.

thanks for your comments
Old 03-17-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapple88 View Post
Hi all,

been itching for the triton 3

my current setup..

TT / phono stage and pre amps => Ansuz D8 distributor => WALL
monoblocs => Denali 2000 => WALL
CD player, DAC, Media Player, wifi plug => Torus Max => WALL

Unfortunately I am not able to have a dedicated line into my system so i’m Trying to get the best power products.

Most of my resources is poured into the TT route with Ansuz DTC cables and the digital source mainly a afterthought

I’m just wondering whether it’s worth it for me to get the triton3 and trade in the Denali 2000 and maybe even try plugging the ansuz d8 into the triton3.

thanks for your comments
Having had the privilege of hearing a loaned TRITON v3 in my system for a few months now, I would say you should definitely grab the v3 and use it on all of your gear. I would not recommend plugging the Ansuz d8 into the Triton v3. Layering of power conditioners is not something I personally have had good results with and I would suggest you hear all the TRITON is capable of. It is the single best conditioner I have used in decades of audio, bar none. Happy to talk via phone...drop me a PM with a number where I can reach you...