AudioAficionado.org  

Go Back   AudioAficionado.org > Manufacturers Forums > Japanese Exotica

Japanese Exotica Kondo, Leben, Luxman, Zanden

Old 07-16-2019, 07:35 AM

Default Special Guests Today

Luxman C-900u and M-900u are coming for a visit today.

I have had my eye on this combo for quite some time. Now that I have my room dialed in and have confirmed my addiction to the Luxman sound, it will be interesting to hear how much this combination will give me as compared to my L-590AXII.

Details at 6 as they say in the news!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,
Old 07-16-2019, 09:28 AM

Old 07-16-2019, 09:37 AM

Best wishes, Greg. It’s going to be a great day.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post

I have had my eye on this combo for quite some time. Now that I have my room dialed in and have confirmed my addiction to the Luxman sound, it will be interesting to hear how much this combination will give me as compared to my L-590AXII.

Very interested in this, Greg. I have a Diablo 300 (as I believe you've also had) driving Magico S3Mk2s, and this has been the only potential amp upgrade of real interest to me to date.
Old 07-16-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
Very interested in this, Greg. I have a Diablo 300 (as I believe you've also had) driving Magico S3Mk2s, and this has been the only potential amp upgrade of real interest to me to date.
The Diablo 300 was one "devil" for sure! Plenty of power and dynamics! It was my second favorite amp of all I have owned!

I prefer the warmth of Luxman a bit more and I am hoping the 900 combo will be much more of what I already like.

It will be a fun week!
Audio Room: CH Precision I1, Esoteric k01XD, Lab 12 Melto 2, Luxman PD-171A TT, Roon Nucleus, Stenheim Alumine Three, Silversmith Fidelium speaker cables, Siltech 680 interconnects, Shunyata Sigma USB Cable, Audioquest Hurricane PCs, Shunyata Everest,CORE Design racks, Stein Harmonizers, HRS damping plates, Stillpoints and all that other silly stuff.

Office: Luxman L-595A SE, Diapason Neos speakers, HiFi Rose RS150B, Nordost Frey 2 Interconnects, Tellurium Q Silver speaker cables,

Last edited by GreginNH1; 07-16-2019 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:07 AM

This is exciting news! I look forward to your thoughts.

Dali Epicon 8, Luxman 509X, highy modified MDHT Orchid Dac, Cambridge Audio CD transport, iMac, Core Power 1800, Shunyata and Nordost cables
Old 07-16-2019, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
This should be an interesting comparison!

Is there anything you sense needs improvement when you listen to your L-590AXII or are you curious of the performance offered by separates?

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables
Old 07-16-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
This should be an interesting comparison!

Is there anything you sense needs improvement when you listen to your L-590AXII or are you curious of the performance offered by separates?
Hi Christian,

The 590 is an excellent integrated and provides a wonderful sound and detail. I’ve always been intrigued with how the next level would sound - especially with separates.

The 900 combo has been on for an hour now and it simply presents the Luxman experience with great detail, layering, soundstage and overall sound quality. I have been seeking a similar but much better Luxman sound. The 900 combo delivers in spades.

Last edited by GreginNH1; 07-16-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:06 PM
Cool, calm scientist

What are a Luxman C-900u and M-900u?

I don't know the product nomenclature...
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
What are a Luxman C-900u and M-900u?

I don't know the product nomenclature...
Hi Puma Cat

They are Luxman separates. Currently TOTL for US market.

http://www.luxman.com/product/detail.php?id=19

http://www.luxman.com/product/detail.php?id=21

Last edited by GreginNH1; 07-16-2019 at 03:16 PM.